Game crashing

Game crashing it's bad when I do fleet battles,raids,galactic wars been crashing long time now gett very tired of this **** are you ever going to fix this a lot of people on this site are saying this is happening to them and You dev/owners are doing nothing to fix this can you people look into this crap please a player of Star Wars goh

Replies

• Options
    Crashing Low Priority I guess.... Thread will be hidden on (ahh "moved to") bugs board soon.

This issue used to only affect "low spec" devices. But with each update the amount of memory your device needs to be stable keeps going up. Territory Battles will likely cause a new batch of players to have these issues.
  • Options
    Mine crashes as well but especially diring fleet arena battles. If you close the game and reload it before starting a battle it wont crash during that battle at least never has for me. I need to go buy a new phone and i wont have this problem my guess is your phone is junk and you have to much running on it. No available RAM...
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    Options
    Try using an emulator, it's a lot more stable running the game on a PC plus a lot more responsive with a wired connection. You can still play on the phone when you're away from your computer, but having PC option helps with a lot of the more frustrating issues.
  • Options
    I play on iPad mini I've uninstalled and installed countless times and reset my iPad still no change crashing been happening bout 6-9 months
  • Options
    I definitely experience a lot of crashing of this app on my phone.

I can't really blame it on the devs though. They develop the software, it's true. But they didn't make the hardware that you are using. Maybe they could raise the requirements so that any phone that might crash the app due to being outdated can't use the app, but then you just wouldn't be able to play. They do have some phones that are considered incompatible already so it's not like they aren't aware of what their program requires to run somewhat smoothly.

Now they also have things they want to do with their app, some of which are going to be performance intensive. If you can't push the envelope further yet, then there's nothing further to be gained from the game. So they have to move forward with new things that are going to slowly rule out older phones from being compatible with the game. Now they are doing pretty much everything they can to keep the cpu/memory load from the program low, but there's not much they can do about it.

Now on top of your hardware, there is also your ISP/carrier to worry about. Sometimes lag or bad signal can cause the app to crash too. That isn't really CG's fault either. Yeah, maybe they can try and code the app to compensate for shoddy internet from the provider (and I'm sure they already do to some extent or another), but in reality, it's not their issue that causes the app to crash most of the time, it's a result of choices we made on the part of our phone and/or carrier.

Personally I wouldn't respond well to someone coming along and yelling at me about a problem I am trying to fix. I can just see the conversation: "FIx it!" "I'm working on it, but it isn't easy" "Well whatever you are doing isn't good enough" "Fix it yourself then".

But I definitely feel your frustration with the app crashing.
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah, on my phone it usually crashes when the game has been running a while and the CPU starts getting hot. I think it's just a cooling issue.
  • Options
    I sound like a broken record and frankly tired of talking about it but here is my experience:

Started playing December 18, 2015 on my iPad 2. Yes, it is an older device but the App Store description says swgoh supports iPad,iPod and iPhone. So I'm like great lets play this new SW game:))

A year goes by and after spending time and money to get 95 toons to 7* I never had any issues with the game other than fleet battles. Fleet battles crashed since day one. So no worries I said to myself..ill just play on my daughters iPhone for fleet battles..so that's what I did. For everything else simming tickets, collecting energy, Galatic war, character arena I would play on my iPad 2.

The nail in the coffin came for me on update 6/30 with the release of Thrawn. Since then I can't even leave the game open and idle without it crashing. I crash to collect energy, I crash to sim light and Darkside battles, I crash just to talk in guild chat. Basically update 6/30 made my iPad 2 obsolete.

I contacted customer service and then my case was closed by CG_Kozispoon and she said that it's because I have a low spec device. Basically she said it's not their fault the problem is on my side.

So after spending close to a $1,000 dollars and spending over a year and a half building my roster on my ipad2 that ran good enough for me to progress that much....I now have to resort to buying me a new device or playing on my daughters phone for now because "all of a sudden" I have a low spec device...lol like give me a break dude.

What ticks me off is that the game ran fine before and now after update 6/30 now it doesn't. The only thing that changed was whatever the developers did for update 6/30. I have always had the latest iOS updates, fastest internet possible, never ran the game with other apps in the background, wiped my iPad out clean and redownloaded the game again, have over 9GB of memory space available and nothing helped.

The sad thing is that the devs are aware of this...they made a megathread for people experiencing crashing issues with update 6/30 and the only thing we were all told was to be patient.....this was over a month ago. The devs don't even respond anymore if you have crashing issues yet they respond to someone having any other little game problems.

Sorry for the long read...for me this is an annoying and bitter subject.
  • Options
    hmm thread got moved without a message...

Most annoying thing about the crashes and bugs reports... is that EA_MindTricks replies in every thread but the crash ones. Now, all he does is ask for Device Info and say they will look into it. But with re guard to crashes they do not even do that now.

Perhaps we should all start threads like:
    Subject: "Bug stopped me from buying Crystals"

Because of crashes I am not buying any more crystals with $$$.

At least they would read a thread like that.
  • Options
    Vice_torn wrote: »
    hmm thread got moved without a message...

Most annoying thing about the crashes and bugs reports... is that EA_MindTricks replies in every thread but the crash ones. Now, all he does is ask for Device Info and say they will look into it. But with re guard to crashes they do not even do that now.

Perhaps we should all start threads like:
    Subject: "Bug stopped me from buying Crystals"

Because of crashes I am not buying any more crystals with $$$.

At least they would read a thread like that.

tag EA_MindTricks then...
    It is more than likely that they will will not fix it at all.
    For the reason that it would require to revise the whole game system, every single aspect of the game.
    What I really miss is honest communication. They are not telling us the truth.
    Tell us that it cant be fixed, apologize, give us sth in exchange and it will be OK for me.
    The problem is that they lack willing to compensate us.
    That is disadvantageous behaviour in business.