Is Mace now viable?

Prev1
Does what it says on the tin.

Basically because I'm a bit dim I only noticed that Windu was changed with him now getting the immensely superior Shatterpoint skill.

So are there going to be any synergies for them? Working with Poe/RT for maximum expose before letting Sid loose with his AOE?

Basically what do we think of Samuel Mother-ducking Jackson now?

Replies

• Options
    Unfortunately far from it , they are very convinced that he should be a tank.

I hope they study up on Vapaad and Windu and make the proper changes.

Ps. AI handles him badly :(
  • Options
    I'm currently farming Mace to unlock Yoda. Don't think he's that good yet, but hoping they will improve him some more in the next update... More HP would be good.
  • Options
    Don't bother. The update is just just a trap to entice us to waste our resources on that sucker. His health is terrible, the random target and the low chance to expose make you pull out your hairs.
  • Options
    Shatterpoint is completely useless, I don't get it. He is Samuel L Jackson cool, but they must have snakes on a plane on auto play at the dev studio, because this guy keeps getting shafted. I mean, how do you not make him cool and useful! How many black Jedi are there? What the heck devs!!
  • Options
    Roxo - that made my day. Have yourself a cookie!
  • Mofojokers1992
    1975 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Roxo wrote: »
    Shatterpoint is completely useless, I don't get it. He is Samuel L Jackson cool, but they must have snakes on a plane on auto play at the dev studio, because this guy keeps getting shafted. I mean, how do you not make him cool and useful! How many black Jedi are there? What the heck devs!!

Isn't just about Jackson but Windu as a character is misrepresented. They need to completely start from scratch and do it the right way.

Mace Windu

Having chosen the path of the Jedi Guardian, Mace Windu's training was mostly focused on mastering lightsaber combat, becoming a formidable warrior and was eventually considered to be one of the greatest swordsmen ever produced by the Jedi Order. He was a master of all seven forms of lightsaber combat. He began his development of the deadly form of combat known as Vaapad, the seventh form of combat which completed (to the Jedi) the Juyo form. Vaapad was named after a predator native to the moons of Sarapin.

Master Windu's mastery of the Force was extensive. He was known for his resistance to the lures of the dark side, channeling his inner darkness into his attacks to help him serve the light side of the Force. This allowed him to utilize some of the darkest powers known to either Jedi or Sith without succumbing to his aggression, such as the terrible Force Crush. His mastery of the form he created, Vaapad, also proved his devotion to the light, as the only two other advanced users, Depa Billaba and Sora Bulq, fell to the dark side. Mace Windu was known to be able to ponder matters of the dark and light sides of the Force with a clarity perhaps second only to Master Yoda.

Windu was known to use the Force to enhance the capabilities of his body, and as such, was able to leap to great heights and across enormous distances. He demonstrated proficiency in the application of the Force Wave power, and used it to an incredible degree during the battles of Dantooine and Coruscant; blasting hundreds of droids away from him with Force energy alone, and instantly destroying them through the sheer power of the kinetic blast alone instead of hitting them in an obstruction. The Jedi Master also demonstrated an affinity for using darker telekinetic powers, such as Force Grip and Force Crush, the later of which he used to severely injure the fearsome General Grievous. Another incredible feat of the body Windu demonstrated during the Battle of Dantooine was "riding" a landslide of rock and earth weighing hundreds of tons.

On Haruun Kal, he went toe-to-toe with Kar Vastor, and demonstrated incredible Force enhanced speed by landing six blows to the man's body before he could blink. On Dantooine, having lost his lightsaber, Windu took to tearing super battle droids apart with his bare hands, showing incredible Force strength and resilience as he crushed armor and tore out circuitry with his fingers.

The Korun Jedi Master's skill with telekinesis was so extensive that during the Battle of Ryloth, he was capable of Force pushing a huge AT-TE walker off of a cliff with apparent ease. He also demonstrated the ability to simultaneously levitate two clone troopers with the Force and move them swiftly across the length of a bridge. In addition, Windu proved able to release a torrent of Force energy capable of blasting several droids backwards and powerful enough to destroy them on impact with the ground. He even telekinetically removed the bolts of a super battle droid during the Battle of Dantooiee, allowing the droid to fall to pieces.

Aiding him was also his shatterpoint ability, a power he always had a natural affinity for. It allowed him to see weak points in opponents, events, and everyday life. This power also allowed a Jedi to shatter otherwise unbreakable objects by channeling the Force into the places of the object that bound it together. Master Windu's shatterpoint ability proved vital to his victory over Darth Sidious. (Not this random expose silliness with an ai that won't use it)......

"Vaapad is as aggressive and powerful as its namesake, but its power comes at great risk: immersion in Vaapad opens the gates that restrain one's inner darkness. To use Vaapad, a Jedi must allow himself to enjoy the fight; he must give himself over to the thrill of battle. The rush of winning. Vaapad is a path that leads through the penumbra of the dark side…This was Vaapad's ultimate test."
    ―Mace Windu on Vaapad

sbmye1.jpg
  • Options
    Mace Window? Who is that nobody?! Star Wars is all about Geonosians, Tie fighter pilots, random droids etc etc.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options
    He hits like Barriss Offee. Better focus on Jinn.
  • Options
    On Haruun Kal, he went toe-to-toe with Kar Vastor, and demonstrated incredible Force enhanced speed by landing six blows to the man's body before he could blink. On Dantooine, having lost his lightsaber, Windu took to tearing super battle droids apart with his bare hands, showing incredible Force strength and resilience as he crushed armor and tore out circuitry with his fingers.

Does this sound like the Mace Windu we have now? Mmmm?.
  • Options
    Alastair wrote: »
    Roxo - that made my day. Have yourself a cookie!

Haha awesome! I didn't know peops still listen to limp bizkit.

I will eat that cookie and ...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JTMVOzPPtiw

Haha Comment Wars! Hehe all in good fun.
  • Options
    His buff was an advertising trick to get us farm him for jedi challenge!
  • Monx
    43 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    CPMP wrote: »
    His buff was an advertising trick to get us farm him for jedi challenge!
    Well, I already had Mace 4* from a pack, so it makes more sense to farm him than to farm someone else from scratch. Even if he's still average it's a much faster way to get Yoda then to start on another random Jedi.
  • Options
    Mmm... I just unlock him, not geared yet.
    After your feedback I'm thinking of dropping farm him and switch to Barriss, who seems indispensable for the yoda 7* fight.
    Is it a good idea?
  • Options
    Mikymate wrote: »
    Mmm... I just unlock him, not geared yet.
    After your feedback I'm thinking of dropping farm him and switch to Barriss, who seems indispensable for the yoda 7* fight.
    Is it a good idea?

It is, regardless of Yoda's fight
  • F2P_Jedi
    4 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Yes he's viable now. Only problem is he's kinda slow. But because of the changes to speed on the first turn QGJ leader can fix that. Running him in a jedi team would be decent with QGJ leader for speed buff. His basic attack does more damage when he's above 50% and makes people want to focus him. But unless you kill him from 50% below, he's going to recover on hits. Now he's actually pressuring the enemy to kill him but he's kinda tanky so that's not a good choice. His special removes positive status effects and helps against a Poe. His Unique tho does much extra damage and is great. Overall, he's pretty decent now being a tank but doing quite a lot of damage if he's not focused. Plus, farming him from the cantina is decent. Max him if you want to run a jedi team.
  • Options
    He is still doodoo
  • Options
    He's definitely not viable right now, he is certainly better, but still not good. The main problem with his shatterpoint right now is his low potency(only 47% at max) that prevents him from applying the effect at a consistent rate, that and the fact that on defense he just ignores it entirely.

I think they could improve him by either drastically increasing his speed and damage(above 50% health he does ~2.5k damage on basic) or by giving him a multi-attack and counter similar to what Kit Fisto has. Another option might be to completely rework his Smite ability and replace it with something more useful, maybe an AoE move that removed buffs.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    The IA doesn't target the Expose char well. A possible solution would be to expose all characters at once, so the IA doesn't have to target anyone specific. It dissapears at the end of turn. It has to be careful with not overriding other exposes tho
  • Options
    Unfortunately he still underperforms. This change was a step in the right direction, but he is still lacking in either health, damage, or utility.

If he is supposed to be a tank, his health is too low and he has too little utility compared to other tanks. If he is supposed to be an attacker, his dmg is too low compared to other options.

It is unclear which direction they will go with him, but I hope more adjustments are made in the future to help his in-game character live up to his legend.
    Guide to Beating Galactic War from Team Instinct
    TeamInstinct.net -- Community Site and Home to Team Instinct
  • Options
    @Mofojokers1992, awesome write up on Mr. Samuel beeping Jackson! Too bad GS and FOTP can tear him to shreds, no name grunts! Devs, some love for all named toons over the cannon fodder?
  • Options
    TheBinder wrote: »
    He's definitely not viable right now, he is certainly better, but still not good. The main problem with his shatterpoint right now is his low potency(only 47% at max) that prevents him from applying the effect at a consistent rate, that and the fact that on defense he just ignores it entirely.

I think they could improve him by either drastically increasing his speed and damage(above 50% health he does ~2.5k damage on basic) or by giving him a multi-attack and counter similar to what Kit Fisto has. Another option might be to completely rework his Smite ability and replace it with something more useful, maybe an AoE move that removed buffs.

Not to burst your bubble, but I think they are pretty much done trying to fix Mace Windu. They have other things to worry about. Don't expect him to be changed anytime soon, or ever.

Which is also why I stopped farming him.
  • Options
    @Mofojokers1992, awesome write up on Mr. Samuel beeping Jackson! Too bad GS and FOTP can tear him to shreds, no name grunts! Devs, some love for all named toons over the cannon fodder?

@Azraelrulez I pulled it from Wikipedia article I'm more surprised that with all the information available that he cannot be put right even after the patch.

He should be up there with Yoda,Revan and Sidious not under the unamed Fotp and GS.
  • Options
    So if Mace sucks so much, who is the best farmable 5th option for Jedi teams?

Everyone is going to have:
    1) Lumi
    2) JC
    3) QGJ
    4) Barriss

Who's the 5th? Is Mace not still the best reasonable farm?
  • TheBinder
    87 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

1) Lumi
    2) JC
    3) QGJ
    4) Barriss

If you're looking for a Yoda challenge option, then he is a really good choice if you already have those toons, I've also seen people use Ashoka. Speaking generally though, Eeth Koth is an easy farm and can reliably stun(I don't recommend him for Yoda because Yoda will resist a negative effect 98% of the time). If you're OK with a long grind, then Anakin or even Ima Gun Di are options.
  • Options
    He probably is 5th by virtue of there being no one else by the sounds of it. Eeth Koth is awful and the less said about Plo Koon there better. Unless you want the slog of trying to get Anakin.

I guess the only competition he'll have is Ahsoka but she's far too slow.
  • DarthSamJackson
    323 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

1) Lumi
    2) JC
    3) QGJ
    4) Barriss

If you're looking for a Yoda challenge option, then he is a really good choice if you already have those toons. Speaking generally though, Eeth Koth is an easy farm and can reliably stun. If you're OK with a long grind, then Anakin or even Ima Gun Di are options.

I have Ima gun di at 4* but he will take minimum 1 month to 5*.

Lumi is 7
    JC soon to be 6
    Barriss 4 and working on her
    QGJ 5 soon to be 6
    Still struggling if I should go for mace for my 5th spot. I have him 33/80.

Eeth Koth is an option, and I have a lot of arena tokens saved up, but thinking Mace is the better character?
  • Options

Not to burst your bubble, but I think they are pretty much done trying to fix Mace Windu. They have other things to worry about. Don't expect him to be changed anytime soon, or ever.

Which is also why I stopped farming him.
    While I don't expect a change anytime soon, I seriously doubt that they'll leave him alone forever if there is enough support for an update.

• Options

Lumi is 7
    JC soon to be 6
    QGJ 5 soon to be 6

Eeth Koth is an option, and I have a lot of arena tokens saved up, but thinking Mace is the better character?

You should focus all of your Cantina Energy on Barriss, assuming you have her node unlocked and use the arena tokens on Eeth Koth. Barriss is a much better investment than Mace, she's a massive help in GW and LS battles. If you don't have that node unlocked then spend Cantina energy on Mace's node until you do.

• Options

Lumi is 7
    JC soon to be 6
    QGJ 5 soon to be 6

You should focus all of your Cantina Energy on Barriss, assuming you have her node unlocked and use the arena tokens on Eeth Koth. Barriss is a much better investment than Mace, she's a massive help in GW and LS battles. If you don't have that node unlocked then spend Cantina energy on Mace's node until you do.

Yea, I'm at L66 so I have about a week until I can unlock the Barriss node. At which point like you say I am going to focus on her.

I just don't know what to do for that 5th spot. Maybe like you say I just bite the bullet and go for Eeth. He just seems so boring!
  • Options
    Yeah I'm waiting until tomorrow when I'll get enough experience to get to Level 69 and then all my refreshes are going on Barriss with the upshot being that I can use the tokens to get QGJ up to 5* and finally have enough for Yoda.

Doing that in 5 days is a tough ask but I think doable if RNGesus exists.