So what are you going after first, G12 or yoda ?

Replies

• Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    "Hoda"

Can we please not do this? He's Yoda. The whole hermit thing annoys me too, just call him Yoda and call the lightsaber-wielding one **** CGI Yoda or something. What's next, zzHoda? zzHozda? Come on people.

Meh. I'm not a fan of portmanteau nicknames either, but folks are going to. All it what they want to call it and telling people what not to call it is a great way to get then to call it that.

Actually the abbreviations are because of the limited # of characters you can use in guild chat... thats where they really gained traction... also prior to that in the forums here abbreviations were used too... but the guild chat really cemented it into the thing it is now. Because why would anyone want to type "exiled jedi hermit yoda" when you can just hoda and get your point across?

To take it a bit further... we call the "President of the United States" POTUS
    And " Intercontinental ballistic missiles" ICBM's

So when you hear Hozzda you know its a "double zeta exiled jedi hermit yoda"

"Harm in that where is it?" "Hmmm?"
  • Options
    Baze. Then Gear. Then Hermit Yoda, he has a great kit but not one imho that's vital to a meta Jedi team although I'll still farm him for versatility + future Jedi Luke event.
  • Options
    Going for a gear 12 hermit yoda for my sith squad
  • Options
    Loose_Lee wrote: »
    "Hoda"

Can we please not do this? He's Yoda. The whole hermit thing annoys me too, just call him Yoda and call the lightsaber-wielding one **** CGI Yoda or something. What's next, zzHoda? zzHozda? Come on people.

Meh. I'm not a fan of portmanteau nicknames either, but folks are going to. All it what they want to call it and telling people what not to call it is a great way to get then to call it that.

Actually the abbreviations are because of the limited # of characters you can use in guild chat... thats where they really gained traction... also prior to that in the forums here abbreviations were used too... but the guild chat really cemented it into the thing it is now. Because why would anyone want to type "exiled jedi hermit yoda" when you can just hoda and get your point across?

Yeah but when it turns out he has three Zetas, it'll be "zHozdaz" or "zzzHozdazaz" or some nonsense, and it'll look like some cartoon character who snores a lot.

See,your two examples are acronyms and for some reason they don't rub me the wrong way, like ATF or CLS or EP. I think I'm fine with those because they don't **** with the character's name and make it sound like something Ludacris would say (you's a HOda)
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu
  • Options
    STRIKEBOMB wrote: »
    I'm getting General Grievous to Gear 12 in preparation for his rework :)

I hear someone coughing outside my door... He is close.
  • Options
    Yes.
  • Options
    "Hoda"

Yeah but when it turns out he has three Zetas, it'll be "zHozdaz" or "zzzHozdazaz" or some nonsense, and it'll look like some cartoon character who snores a lot.

See,your two examples are acronyms and for some reason they don't rub me the wrong way, like ATF or CLS or EP. I think I'm fine with those because they don't **** with the character's name and make it sound like something Ludacris would say (you's a HOda)

Same reason many of us say Zader. It's quicker and easier to swipe on a phone, takes less words and typing.

Really, as had been said, insisting it shouldn't be done is the best way to get it to happen. You must really want to be seeing Hoda a lot.
  • Options
    I'm still torn myself. As a completionist, I would like to get Hermit Yoda first, but the lure of G12 is strong.

I'll probably end up chasing both and do neither well.
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Options
    Haydigan wrote: »

Sounds like me since I started playing.
  • Options
    I m going for kermit
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    Options
    G12 arena.
  • Options
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    You mean how will I spend the new guild event tokens?

1. Gear 12 for arena toons.

2. Finishing a few toons to 7* that are horrifically slow farms, but are needed for Territory Battles. (HRSoldier, and Baze for example.)

3. Gear 10-11 to strengthen my roster for Territory Battles. (cuffs, and guns are sold in generous portions in that store.)

4. Finally... Hermit Yoda. Even though I want him first.

Yep
  • Options
    Need to decide if I'm going away from my sith arena team. Either I G12 them or move toward a CLS, R2 and friends team.

G12 if staying sith. Baze and G11 if I'm moving to a new team.
  • Purfektshun
    27 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Doing yoda first in case he is needed at 7* for some event in the future. Don't want to be SOL if I ended up doing G12 instead.
  • Options
    Doing yoda first in case he is needed at 7* for some event in the future. Don't want to be SOL if I ended up doing G12 instead.

That's exactly where I'm at. Might as well get the shard and gear collection, up to 12, for the ones assumed to be used for Jedi Luke out of the way. It'll be impossible to outpace the arena for g12 anyway.
  • Options

2. Finishing a few toons to 7* that are horrifically slow farms, but are needed for Territory Battles. (HRSoldier, and Baze for example.)

3. Gear 10-11 to strengthen my roster for Territory Battles. (cuffs, and guns are sold in generous portions in that store.)

I really am outraged they even THOUGHT of adding Baze to TB shipments. He should be a slow farm not something every fp can get overnight.
  • Options
    I don't have any toon at gear 11, so gear 12 would be useless for me. But the temptation of getting Baze before Hoda is very big. Assuming I can actually participate in the TB, of course (I have no Hoths).
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    "Hoda"

You can always just say Yoda. People are smart enough to figure out what you mean from context clues.

People use jargon to stunt to outsiders that they're the type of people who know how to use jargon. It's used to communicate your status more than it is to communicate your idea.

Two other things--
    1) Anything that starts with "Actually..." isn't worth reading. Unless you're talking about early 2000s British romcoms, remove the word Actually from your vocabulary.
    2) I don't care what anyone calls anything. Call his zeta Soda (because Zoda is already taken) I don't care. Keep calling him Hoda because it reminds me of Hoda Kotbe, I don't care. But let's not pretend that if someone was talking about whether Yoda's activated heal makes up for Barriss' reflexive heal and which one you should use in your team that anyone is going to think you mean Grandmaster Yoda and non-zeta Barriss.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options

I really am outraged they even THOUGHT of adding Baze to TB shipments. He should be a slow farm not something every fp can get overnight.
    Two months and at the cost of no G12, no Yoda, no G11 if you still need that, or whatever all else is in the store? Opportunity costs are a pain.
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    Options
    Haydigan wrote: »
    I'm still torn myself. As a completionist, I would like to get Hermit Yoda first, but the lure of G12 is strong.

Jajajajajajj Lmao @Haydigan this is my life right here.
    I most likely will Gear 12 GK, Ezra and CLS and nudge in a few Hermit Yoda shards before I go fully to him
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options

7* HRSoldier is not needed for territory battles. Only 5*

He's only needed at 5* for the ROLO mission.

Once the phase that has that mission is completed you need 6-7* characters for later phases. I'm already forced to use him. I might as well get some additional use out of him later especially if he has unique abilities/buffs as a Hoth character.

And he'll contribute more points as a 7* character than as a 5* since toons are automatically deployed to the map of battles on which they are used giving you points both for their success in battles as well as for their power. And it will be easier to complete battles with a higher gear/star/level toon. And I want to finish characters I start since I view having a bunch of half finished toons as a poor use of resources.
  • Options

Once the phase that has that mission is completed you need 6-7* characters for later phases. I'm already forced to use him. I might as well get some additional use out of him later especially if he has unique abilities/buffs as a Hoth character.

And he'll contribute more points as a 7* character than as a 5* since toons are automatically deployed to the map of battles on which they are used giving you points both for their success in battles as well as for their power. And it will be easier to complete battles with a higher gear/star/level toon. And I want to finish characters I start since I view having a bunch of half finished toons as a poor use of resources.

Also he's only requires at 5* to attempt ROLO special event. But do we know if he's strong enough at 5* to finish it. Agree it's better to just finish him.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options

Also he's only requires at 5* to attempt ROLO special event. But do we know if he's strong enough at 5* to finish it. Agree it's better to just finish him.

Gear and mods are usually more important than stars to usability/survivability in tanks, but like I said. If I have to have him, I'm going to finish him.
  • Options
    "Hoda"

You can always just say Yoda. People are smart enough to figure out what you mean from context clues.

People use jargon to stunt to outsiders that they're the type of people who know how to use jargon. It's used to communicate your status more than it is to communicate your idea.

Two other things--
    1) Anything that starts with "Actually..." isn't worth reading. Unless you're talking about early 2000s British romcoms, remove the word Actually from your vocabulary.
    2) I don't care what anyone calls anything. Call his zeta Soda (because Zoda is already taken) I don't care. Keep calling him Hoda because it reminds me of Hoda Kotbe, I don't care. But let's not pretend that if someone was talking about whether Yoda's activated heal makes up for Barriss' reflexive heal and which one you should use in your team that anyone is going to think you mean Grandmaster Yoda and non-zeta Barriss.

*thunderous applause*

Thank you, well said!

Yeah I've never once had someone say to me "omg is your Maul not zeta'd?! How are you competitive in arena?" When I refer to Maul as my leader.
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu
  • Options
    Going for Hodor first. I need someone to hold the door.

I see what you Hodored there.
    bran-hodor-1429710299.gif
  • Options
    Definitely G12, I don't care about Yoda.
  • Options
    "Hoda"

Two other things--

*thunderous applause*

Thank you, well said!

Yeah I've never once had someone say to me "omg is your Maul not zeta'd?! How are you competitive in arena?" When I refer to Maul as my leader.

Actually... people are not smart... thats a fact... i mean we are intelligent by design, but that does not make us smart... point in fact, warning labels on things like"muratic acid" do not ingest, warning label on McDonald's coffee "Its hot!" Warning labels on anything and everything.

But i digress... IG-100/88/86/R2 each need 1 piece to make g12... HK needs 3... idk about grevious mine is almost g11... but with that rework droids may be the easiest way to get a g12 team. Thats not nessecarily the smartest thing, but who knows for sure?

Maybe Hozzzda?
  • Options
    "Hoda"

Two other things--

*thunderous applause*

Thank you, well said!

Actually... people are not smart... thats a fact... i mean we are intelligent by design, but that does not make us smart... point in fact, warning labels on things like"muratic acid" do not ingest, warning label on McDonald's coffee "Its hot!" Warning labels on anything and everything.

But i digress... IG-100/88/86/R2 each need 1 piece to make g12... HK needs 3... idk about grevious mine is almost g11... but with that rework droids may be the easiest way to get a g12 team. Thats not nessecarily the smartest thing, but who knows for sure?

Maybe Hozzzda?

There's a warning label on McDonald's coffee because they served it at 200F despite being warned by the government that 160F was the maximum legal tenperature of coffee. At 160F you spit it out of your mouth and go the rest of the day with a mildly burnt tongue. At 200F you sustain permanent burns.

But at 200F you can get every last bit of caffiene out of the coffee bean, which cuts down on the number of beans you need to buy.

The woman who was burnt won the cost of her reconstructive surgery caused by the burns she received, plus $1, the cost of the coffee that scarred her. McDonald's was then separately found guilty of dangerous neglect and in violation of multiple federal regulations and was fined one day's coffee sales.

People are smart. You are dumb.
  • Globuhl
    751 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    As usual... Stun cuffs and guns -_-'
    I need so many of them
  • Options
    We are all born with the capacity to be smart, but we all get indoctrinated into patterns of thought that make us less flexible in our ultimate potential... for instance you @NicWester replied to my rather obviously planted sarcastically worded comments thus cementing your arguments doom by pursuing me into the rabbithole of my dumbness. A smart man would have left it alone. But noooo... you had to let your ego undermine your argument, and sink to my level. Which does not bode well for anyone.

Which btw is counterproductive to the orginal point @OP is asking... g12 or Hoda...

From what ive gathered from this thread, many will pursue a few characters to g12 first then Hoda, then back to G12... much like the way so many pursued there first couples zetas via fleet shipments, then focused on DS ships to complete zeta challenge to suplement zeta farming.

I think we can expect the same result here, a few G12, hoda then back to G12.

Personally i think im gonna G12 IG-88 or IG-100 first because i like droids... they are not dumb like us humans... they just lack emotional intelligence like me and @NicWester :blush: