Ezra vs. Hera: Who is more important to farm for Thrawn?

Prev1
Kanan0017
81 posts Member
edited August 2017
I already have Ezra to 6* while Hera is back at 5*. Chopper will come along these two...eventually.

Should I keep going on Ezra to 7* before I switch to Hera or should I do one then the other (Hera to 6*, Ezra to 7, Hera to 7)?

Replies

• Options
    Both
  • Options
    Both

...yes I know that I mean the order in which I do them
  • Options
    Both

This. U will also need Sabine, who is the hardest farm. Chopper isn't used for the 6*

• Options
    Sabine is better than chopper and her is the only Phoenix with a leader but you will need both
  • Options
    I have heard of a few people finish it without Ezra but haven't heard of anyone finish it without Hera... so I would say Hera first.
  • Options
    Legit answer--both. You need both in order to get him.

HOWEVER. You want Hera first because she's the only one with a leader ability, and an extremely strong leader ability at that. You can get by with Chopper instead of Ezra, but doing it without Hera is badtimes.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    Ezra 100%. The higher gear he is the quicker the fight will be! Hope this answer helps.
  • Options
    MikeyA56 wrote: »
    Both

This. U will also need Sabine, who is the hardest farm. Chopper isn't used for the 6*

Funny, since ive been told everywhere else to NOT use Sabine at all. Ive been told the winning lineup for a great majority has been hera, kanan, zeb, ezra, chopper. I understand the Armor Shred is extremely helpful but I've heard of wickedly annoying taunts during tier 7. Chopper+Ezra ensures the cleanse.
  • Options
    Plus I wouldn't need freaking Mk 5 mods...which I can't get anyway
  • Options
    Kanan0017 wrote: »
    Both

Funny, since ive been told everywhere else to NOT use Sabine at all. Ive been told the winning lineup for a great majority has been hera, kanan, zeb, ezra, chopper. I understand the Armor Shred is extremely helpful but I've heard of wickedly annoying taunts during tier 7. Chopper+Ezra ensures the cleanse.

Mikey is thinking about the flash event that nixed Chopper from your lineup. You're on point with your line up. Hera first for Leadership, then Ezra is your heavy hitter.
  • Options
    Ezra 100%. The higher gear he is the quicker the fight will be! Hope this answer helps.

This is wrong.
    NicWester wrote: »
    You want Hera first because she's the only one with a leader ability, and an extremely strong leader ability at that. You can get by with Chopper instead of Ezra, but doing it without Hera is badtimes.

This is correct.
  • Options
    They will both be used in tb so I guess you can't go wrong both are easy to farm
  • Blackbeardpepe
    1481 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    You should be able to do it with gear 8 on everyone, their uniques omegad, rest of the abilities level 7, and arena quality mods. If you dont have high end arena quality mods, gear 9 should do it.
  • Options
    You should be able to do it will gear 8 on everyone, their uniques omegad, rest of the abilities level 7, and arena quality mods. If you dont have high end arena quality mods, gear 9 should do it.

Yeah max mods I can get are Mk 3-4. If I have a few Mk 5s, they're probably on my Sith (arena team). So with Mk 3-4 I need gear 8 for everyone 9 for Ezra yes (I was also planning on maxing all abilities)?
  • Options
    You should be able to do it with gear 8 on everyone, their uniques omegad, rest of the abilities level 7, and arena quality mods. If you dont have high end arena quality mods, gear 9 should do it.

Yes, but only if you have Hera since they don't share uniques without her lead. Hera lead is mandatory, and you'll get slaughtered without her. So she is first priority.
  • Options
    Man 4 of my phoenixes need a carbanti to get to g8, Jesus...
  • Options
    yeah thankfully I had a bunch saved up. I was gonna use them on thrawn but it wont help much if I cant get him at all lol
  • Options
    You should be able to do it will gear 8 on everyone, their uniques omegad, rest of the abilities level 7, and arena quality mods. If you dont have high end arena quality mods, gear 9 should do it.

Yeah max mods I can get are Mk 3-4. If I have a few Mk 5s, they're probably on my Sith (arena team). So with Mk 3-4 I need gear 8 for everyone 9 for Ezra yes (I was also planning on maxing all abilities)?

If you dont have mk 5 mods youre going to need higher than 8 for everyone, i didnt use chooper and ive heard he makes it easier but its still a tough battle.
  • Options
    yeah thankfully I had a bunch saved up. I was gonna use them on thrawn but it wont help much if I cant get him at all lol

I've got Thrawn pretty much maxed, the thing is I am getting GK in about 10 more raids and I was hoping to save them up for him...
  • Options
    Nice. My guild can only dream of GK right now
  • Blackbeardpepe
    1481 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Yeah, these are all good points. I'll list in order who I think is the most important to max to take on thrawn 7*. Their uniques are important so the list is based on this.

1. Hera for leader
    2. Ezra for 40% more offense unique
    3. Kanan for 70% counter attack unique
    4. Chopper for 15% life regen unique
    5. Zeb for his 40% more protection and 15% protection regen unique
    6. Sabine for critical chance and damage unique

So essentially I am saying sabine's unique is the least important. Obviously, you need Hera so everyone can share each others uniques and survive.
  • Options
    Yeah, these are all good points. I'll list in order who I think is the most important to max to take on thrawn 7*. Their uniques are important so the list is based on this.

1. Hera for leader
    2. Ezra for 40% more offense unique
    3. Kanan for 70% counter attack unique
    4. Chopper for 15% life regen unique
    5. Zeb for his 40% more protection and 15% protection regen unique
    6. Sabine for critical chance and damage unique

So essentially I am saying sabine's unique is the least important. Obviously, you need Hera so everyone can share each others uniques and survive.

Sabine helps Kanan land his offense down more often, and I find that Ezra and her make for a great partnership to max out damage output
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Get all three to 7*. You don't want to quit halfway through. Doesn't matter who you do first as long as you get them there before Thrawn event comes back.
  • Blackbeardpepe
    1481 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    @Damba_Ba Sabine is great, I love her character in the show and her kit! I agree, she will make the fight go much faster. I am worried OP doesnt have the mods to make sabine, ezra, and kanan fast enough. If OP takes out sabine it will be a slower fight for sure.
  • Options
    @Blackbeardpepe you make a fair point about the mods, chopper would probably help better with lower end phoenix toons
  • Options
    Both

I'd imagine it doesn't matter very much at all if you have decent gear on them, but Sabine is the least useful one for the team. Hera is a given, Zeb is actually pretty **** good, Kanan is a decent tank, Chopper has good utility, and Ezra does as much damage as the rest of them combined while also having decent utility.
  • Options
    you should do Hera first as she is the only one with a leader ability.
    Ezra is awesome, but he has no leader. without hera its practically impossible.
    i did it with chopper instead of sabine.

sabine increases damage and decreases enemy armor,

chopper removes buff from enemies, taunts, adds buffs to allies (random), recovers health&protection and REDUCES cooldowns!!.plus he is naturally fast...
  • Options
    Both

...yes I know that I mean the order in which I do them

Ezra is the better toon but hera has the leadership. I really don't get the point of the question though. You can only do as good as the weakest link so it doesn't matter which one
  • Options
    If u want to play save, better work on Hera. Ezra is replacable, but Hera don't.

Meawhile i don't farm Hera, i work on mod farming.. few days left before Cap Solo coming to cantina and i can't farm mod anymore. I think i will be the first have Thrawn *7 without Hera.. mwuahahaha :lol:
  • Options
    Man 4 of my phoenixes need a carbanti to get to g8, Jesus...

Tell me about it I just unloaded all of them in to my PS