We need Credits

Prev1
Zato
13 posts Member
edited February 2016
As i think we are all in need for more credits.
Leveling up Heroes, create items, promote your heroes, this all takes a bunch of credits.
I went into the 60´s with about 4 millionen credits and now i have 600k.
All the 7 stars i have are Sid and lumi. The rest of my top 8 is about 5-6 stars.
How this will go on when i reach 70?
The new credit event is simply a joke.
8k for 24 energy? With that i can build one item nothing more.
So pls increase the event to 100k or something close to that. Or increase the Credits done from missions to 10k each.
Im so scared to farm shards to promote a hero to 7* and dont have the money.
As the game should go about improving your heroes gear, lvls and stars, because its fun to get better and farther in a game and see how ur roster evolves into something you thought about in the beginning.
So i feel pretty limited and i think im not the only one.

Till now i spent about 80 euros into the game because i wanted to do so and i enjoyed it to spend a bit of money.
Now i feel like i have to buy credits to progress and i dont want to be "forced" to buy something. Spending money with an happy eye is more fun and more rewarding for everyone.

Pls tell me what u all think about it. Do u feel the same? or do u have a different opinion?
May the force be with us

Replies

• Options
    They could revert to the old keycard system that they supposedly "improved" by cutting it down to 15% of its original payout and the problem would be fixed.
  • Options
    I dont think this would fix it, it just doesnt feel "fluid" to pay 50 energy for credits when u are also in the need of gear. If they would return it too the 100k credits prepatch it would be better if it would cost less energy. Aka 100k for 25 energy.
    But i think to improve the creditsdrops to 10k for random missions would be better.
  • Options
    Im trying to promote Phmasma to 6*, have the shards, but don't have the outrageous 500k!! Cmon!! I have 9 main toons (Sid,Lumi,Phas,Vader,Kylo,Bariss,QGJ,Fives,Dooku) that I can't level up (all stuck at lvl68) because racking up credits takes two weeks for ONE character!!
  • Options
    Im trying to promote Phmasma to 6*, have the shards, but don't have the outrageous 500k!! Cmon!! I have 9 main toons (Sid,Lumi,Phas,Vader,Kylo,Bariss,QGJ,Fives,Dooku) that I can't level up (all stuck at lvl68) because racking up credits takes two weeks for ONE character!!

I feel with u. As mentioned before the credit gain system needs some serious improvements.
    What does the rest of you think? Pls join the discussion and lets hope they read it.
  • Options
    Obviously they want you to spend crystals on the credit packs and probably won't change anything for a while. If doing this leads to more people spending money to buy credits instead of just on chromium packs then they're not going to change it. It's not bad now, when the cap hits that's when you'll really feel it. If it cost about 1-2M to get a character from 60-70, get ready for 2-4M to get 70-80 for one character.
  • Options
    Yeah I'm lacking credits and I have 3 heroes on my main team I could promote to 7* but I'm 2.5mil short lol. The yoda event took a bite out of credits, having to build the Jedi's.
  • Options
    They know this, and they nerfed the credit event to tempt more people into buying the credit packs from the store instead. Just another greedy scheme at work here.
  • Options
    With the free energy it makes the old keycard battle viable.
  • Options
    Jesus747 wrote: »
    Obviously they want you to spend crystals on the credit packs and probably won't change anything for a while. If doing this leads to more people spending money to buy credits instead of just on chromium packs then they're not going to change it. It's not bad now, when the cap hits that's when you'll really feel it. If it cost about 1-2M to get a character from 60-70, get ready for 2-4M to get 70-80 for one character.

As u read before spending money is absolutly ok when u are light spender like me. I think everyone who is a light spender or heavy p2p is happy when he spend his money because they have fun with it and they wanted to do so.
    But with such a system u will never get a pure f2p player to spend money on credits.
    Credits are so essential u need them for everything. And as i think crystals are there to make Star wars life a bit easier and not to make gaming and progressing possible.
  • Options
    I'm fine with spending some money if needed and grinding it out for things but obtaining the amount required for upgrades is ridiculous at times. I get it though. Profits and whales drive the game for f2p and moderate spenders.
  • Options
    They've done it I think to a) slow down players progress generally and b) to promote spending.

I've reached level 70 now and in the same position as you guys. I've gone completely f2p now so game getting quite dull. Just grinding.

I'll spend again when extra content is finally put in. The Jedi challenge was just a cash grab again. It's sad they are charging premium costs on a game that's still quite limited at present. Yes they're giving us free credit now but it we can't do much with any extra shards we get as we are all in the credit log jam.

The last update was a improvement overall though so I'm hoping things will get better.
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    Options
    Its becoming more tedious than fun, never have enough credits, energy for mission refills is so expensive, awful shard/gear drop rates and near impossible GWs.
  • Options
    The old keycard battle was viable they just removed it just as many players were hitting 70 so nobody ever got a chance to use it. It was useless leveling up but it was the only way to stay competitive and farm event characters at max lvl. Regardless you don't fix somethig that most players overlooked by reducing its payout by 85%
  • Options
    TommySitt wrote: »
    We might be okay in the long run if they keep the cap at 70 for a few months, which would give us time to top off our toons and save some $$$. But let's be real, increasing the cap will spark another spending frenzy to not fall behind. The lvl 80 cap will come in March, most likely. If they wait until April, that will give players too much time to lvl 70/star everyone and save up credits/energy. Raising the cap ASAP yields the most profit.

If u are right this would be a step in the wrong direction. I hope they dont do that. We all need to help the developers to get this game in the right direction. So everyone profits.
  • Options
    I'm betting that decreasing credit mining by well over fifty percent was a mistake and EA will introduce new events to ease the credit suffering a little bit. We're like live test subjects where they will tweak and fine tune because if they go too far then people will just quit but if they give too much then no one will spend money on crystals to buy credits. Like South Park said, freemium games have to be just fun enough but not too fun.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    I suspect the bounty hunter event will hsve s huge smmount of credits. Don't know if we will need 5 Scoundrels tho
  • Options
    I have 3 droids, poggle, kylo and like 2 more gw randoms at 100shard 6*. To completely upgrade stars for my whole roster I'm looking at over 10mill just for the shards I already have. Not to mention getting to 70 from 50. So add 1.8mill on top of the upgrading cost per character. Yea I'll be done by July. If I complete gw everyday.
    Ally Code: 911-389-156
  • Irrlicht
    471 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    the only resource I'm not short of is credits. What am I doing wrong?
    I'm serious, where do all of you spend your credits? I usually get (per week): 750k from challenges and 1-1,5kk from GW (I always have enough credits, so I've never counted exactly how many, because I wasn't interested in it). With little more from ordinary and cantina battles, it's up to 2,5kk per week. I get 45-50 shards per day appr. (15 from GW Shipment, 10 from Arena shipment, 5 from Cantina Shipment, 6-8 from Cantina Battles and 5-10 from ordinary battles). And it's enough for me to level up and promote character using all my training droids. I'm short of droids, short of shards, short of luck... literally everything but credits and so far have 5kk credits without any possibility to use them (no training droids and no shard for promotion).
    I've read a lot of complaints concerning credits shortage, so I'm definitely sure I'm doing something wrong.
  • Options
    Irrlicht wrote: »
    the only resource I'm not short of is credits. What am I doing wrong?
    I'm serious, where do all of you spend your credits? I usually get (per week): 750k from challenges and 1-1,5kk from GW (I always have enough credits, so I've never counted exactly how many, because I wasn't interested in it). With little more from ordinary and cantina battles, it's up to 2,5kk per week. I get 45-50 shards per day appr. (15 from GW Shipment, 10 from Arena shipment, 5 from Cantina Shipment, 6-8 from Cantina Battles and 5-10 from ordinary battles). And it's enough for me to level up and promote character using all my training droids. I'm short of droids, short of shards, short of luck... literally everything but credits and so far have 5kk credits without any possibility to use them (no training droids and no shard for promotion).
    I've read a lot of complaints concerning credits shortage, so I'm definitely sure I'm doing something wrong.

Hi Irrlicht.
    First what level are you? On my side its the exact opposit.
    Im lvl 65 and i have average shard rng, a good amount of traing droids (arround 4k i think) but never enough credits.
    I only have 1 hero on lvl 65. The rest of my top 8 is lvl 61-62 because i dont have the credits.
  • Options
    No credit problem here. Level 66. Think you guys are just impatient or trying to level too many characters at once.
  • Irrlicht
    471 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Zato wrote: »
    Hi Irrlicht.
    First what level are you? On my side its the exact opposit.
    Im lvl 65 and i have average shard rng, a good amount of traing droids (arround 4k i think) but never enough credits.
    I only have 1 hero on lvl 65. The rest of my top 8 is lvl 61-62 because i dont have the credits.

hi! I'm 66 lvl. 100% f2p.
    Screenshot_2016_02_13_20_55_55.png
    Screenshot_2016_02_13_20_55_09.png
  • Options
    No credit problem here. Level 66. Think you guys are just impatient or trying to level too many characters at once.

I'm 68, had a bunch of credits until I needed to star Jedi for Yoda, finally got a couple toons to 7 and 6 that I had been working on, and unlocked Yoda and QGJ.

The problem with the game right now is unlocking a new too. Is stupid expensive to level them

Takes 1.8 mil to level a character from 1 to 65

"I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
  • Irrlicht
    471 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    2 Zato:
    As I've written above, GW brings 3/4 of all credits I have. Do you complete it every day?
    Think you guys are just impatient or trying to level too many characters at once.

it's definitely not the point. If I were greedy to training a lot of chars (as I am actually :)) I'd still don't have material (droids and shards) to do it.
  • Options
    Heisen wrote: »
    They know this, and they nerfed the credit event to tempt more people into buying the credit packs from the store instead. Just another greedy scheme at work here.

Not entirely sure why this is greedy. Credit packs can be purchased with crystals. Crystals are an in-game currency, not real money. You can get 500,000 credits for 500ish crystals. You can collect 500ish crystals by doing the normal in-game events for a few days, faster if you have a high arena ranking.

You can also collect 250k+ credits every few days from the bounty hunter training mission, which there is no charge for.

No one is telling you or forcing you to go spend real money on crystals to buy credits. Just play the game, enjoy it, and when you get the crystals, buy the credits, or training droids, or Chromium cards, or sim tickets, or whatever you want with them instead of doing energy refreshes for a day or two. What's the hurry?
  • Options
    I agree that there is a credit shortage. I am level 67 now and Galatic War is the only thing that has nice credit income. But it give just enough to level and star up my 5 arena characters. Would be nice to be able to level up at least a light side and dark side team. I bought the €60 jedi pack, but those jedi are stuck around level 40 till I reach level 70 probably... or learn how to use the force... still love this game!
  • Options
    I need a new credit card
  • Tromedlov13
    1559 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

l
    GruyloRen wrote: »
    Heisen wrote: »

Not entirely sure why this is greedy. Credit packs can be purchased with crystals. Crystals are an in-game currency, not real money. You can get 500,000 credits for 500ish crystals. You can collect 500ish crystals by doing the normal in-game events for a few days, faster if you have a high arena ranking.

You can also collect 250k+ credits every few days from the bounty hunter training mission, which there is no charge for.

No one is telling you or forcing you to go spend real money on crystals to buy credits. Just play the game, enjoy it, and when you get the crystals, buy the credits, or training droids, or Chromium cards, or sim tickets, or whatever you want with them instead of doing energy refreshes for a day or two. What's the hurry?

250k and 500k credits is nothing, I need 5-6 million credits just to get started. Examples - I have Sid at 6* and 100 shards but can't 7* him (1mil credits). It costs 1.8 mil credits to take a new toon from level 1 to 65 (and I just got Yoda and QGJ) That's 2000 crystals to level 1 new toon.

I have 12 more toons who have enough shards to star up, but no credits. I have no toons at my team level and only 1 within two levels. Just to level up my arena and GW heroes would cost another 2-3 million

The new event was awesome as it gave you a bunch of credits as well, but I'm broke again with no real change
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
  • Irrlicht
    471 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Nightlores wrote: »
    I agree that there is a credit shortage. I am level 67 now and Galatic War is the only thing that has nice credit income. But it give just enough to level and star up my 5 arena characters. Would be nice to be able to level up at least a light side and dark side team. I bought the €60 jedi pack, but those jedi are stuck around level 40 till I reach level 70 probably... or learn how to use the force... still love this game!

but you will be 70 in a week or two. And your arena squad will be 70. So you will get your hands free to train and promote whoever you want without looking back of being beaten out of arena top. Just patience, my friend, and you will be rewarded (hope not to sound to pompous).
    It's called greed! I hope these people don't manage their money like this in real life. Let's live for today, sod tomorrow. Lol.

As I've written above, I'm greedy like ***, but I don't have stuff to waste my in-game credits for. We need credits to promote characters and to train them, let alone crafting and gearing due to little amount of credits needed. I don't have droids for training and shards for promotion.