TB Deployment [MEGA]

Replies

• Options
    Just that phase.

All phases have their own Deployment section(s).
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • Options
    sying wrote: »
    For those that haven’t played TB yet, when you go in and the tutorial tells you to deploy troops first, make sure you clear all and do not deploy them. Otherwise you won’t be able to do any of he missions.

You can use them for missions once you've deployed them. You can only use them for missions in THAT territory, though.

Hit Deploy All when you've contributed all you plan on contributing to platoons and combat missions in that phase.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    Options
    Can we deploy other capital ships in phase 6? Because the max possible star for capital ships is 6* and from my understanding we need 7* ships for deploying in phase 6.
  • Options
    You can search the map now to see requirements for each area
  • Options

Nice work. Do we think the platoon characters are going to say the same next iteration? Not Phase 2, I mean when we start all over again. If they stay stagnant it could make planning a lot easier.

• Options
    Should we deploy first & then combat/ special missions, platoon. Or should we do missions, platoon, deploy? Our guild seems conflicted about which way to proceed.
    Please don't merge this, I'll never get an answer
  • Options
    Deploy Last
  • Options
    Deploy last. You should do missions first then platoon although it would help to look at platoon to make sure that there aren't required toons in there you might end up using in your combat missions.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Should we deploy first & then combat/ special missions, platoon. Or should we do missions, platoon, deploy? Our guild seems conflicted about which way to proceed.

@ArdenPulsar
    RJ__Brando wrote: »
    Deploy Last
    Deploy last. You should do missions first then platoon although it would help to look at platoon to make sure that there aren't required toons in there you might end up using in your combat missions.

you have your answer.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »

@ArdenPulsar
    RJ__Brando wrote: »
    Deploy Last

you have your answer.

Thanks guys, appreciate it
  • Options
    Something to keep in mind when deciding where to dump/deploy your remaining unused toons after Special/Combat missions when there are multiple territories. Even out the stars, so shoot for 1* in area A, then swap to 1* area B, then swap to 2* area A, then swap to 2* area B and so forth.
  • Options
    ^ Good advice. Hard to monitor accurately, because the main screen the TP bar (until next star) is bugged and seems to be well behind reality. If you click the deploy button, that screen "seems" to be accurate. Some people will probably end up deploying to the less optimal territory because of that bug, so hopefully it gets fixed soon.
  • Options
    Can someone tell me if you deploy ship do you lose the pilot as well for other battles or missions? This will be critical in phase 3 & 6.

Thanks
  • Options
    First thing I did was deploy all my Dark Side troops to the top territory today. I want to make sure we 1* it to advance, but don't particularly care about its platoon ability, so I think focusing on the bottom territory is more important. Since Dark Side troops can't do anything other than deploy, I threw them up there and we're pretty close to 1* already.
  • Options
    Sabian_68 wrote: »
    Can someone tell me if you deploy ship do you lose the pilot as well for other battles or missions? This will be critical in phase 3 & 6.

Thanks
    You're right, this is critical, but no. It's just the ship.
  • Options
    best strategy is to tell all of your guild members to wait with deploys as long as they can. with multiple territories u want all members to do combat missions first and then start deploying units in territories acording to how many points are missing in each.
  • Options
    You can deploy DS characters, and use DS ships in a few battles. There is no combat or special mission that uses DS toons though

No you cannot use Dark side ships and toons out of 'Deploypent'
    In combat missions and platoons only Light side is usable, sometimes only Rebels, in one only R1 rebels (Jyn, Bistan Pao, Pathfinder, Baze, Chirrut, K2, Cassian)
    and in one instance only Phoenix.
  • Options
    You want to deploy only after the entire guild has completed combat. The way that it's been put in my guild...

Say there are 2 territories, each needing 45 m for 3 stars.

Half the guild does all their fights, getting 25m in each territory, then deploys 20m to the first territory to get 3 stars.

Now the rest of the guild will get 0 points for combat in that territory, and it will be much harder to get the second territory to 3 stars. Early deployment has cancelled out the combat opportunity for the later guildies.
  • Options
    Now the rest of the guild will get 0 points for combat in that territory, and it will be much harder to get the second territory to 3 stars. Early deployment has cancelled out the combat opportunity for the later guildies.
    What? No.

Now the rest of the guild will just not DO combat in that territory, and be able to use their combat teams for better results in the second territory.
  • Options
    TB is nothing but a pile of artificial gates that have nothing to do with gameplay and 'deployments' and GP are worst of all of them. you've created a mechanic where a massive part of the reward you generate and content you complete has nothing to do with actually playing the game.

Look, I get it, businesses are here to make money, but do it with a good product and not this GP junk.

A raid mechanic that a specific character is well suited for will bring out people to spend money, and it is the actual gameplay that creates the interest to spend.

You've basically re packaged plain old light side battles in a overly complicated system that in the end makes full completion contingent on character that are not being used.

Tick... tick... tick... I'll play the next phases, but can't say I'll keep playing the game any longer than that. This is lame.
  • Options
    Ranfon wrote: »
    You've basically re packaged plain old light side battles in a overly complicated system that in the end makes full completion contingent on character that are not being used.
    But if full completion is contingent upon those characters, aren't they being used?
  • Options
    On phase 2 with the two deployment areas, is it possible to overfill one or will it stop you from deploying when it's maxed?
  • Options
    Is there any bonus in deploying dark side characters on one territory over another?
  • Options
    Hey everyone based on the look of the northern most sectors in P3 and onwards, it looks like it could be exclusive to ships in more than just the combat. Can anyone confirm if deployment and platoon in these sectors is restricted to ships or if characters can be used to?

Many thanks!
  • Options
    Of course it is. Even the deployment icon is different there. And platoons are called squadrons
  • Options
    So I was using the in game tutorial for Territory Battle, now I am stuck with every character deployed so I cannot engage in battles. This stinks! My guild has less than ten percent participation - likely because of contradictory advice between forum and game. I love the new Territory Event, it needs MUCH clearer starting guidance if it is going to achieve the desired effect of helping all players gear up. At this rate the first event will be a failure even though five of us are giving it all we've got.

I do my best for the Guild every day, until this snafu it had been very rewarding.
  • Options
    Yes bad idea :|
  • Options
    If you do not complete an area (0 stars), does the area reset to zero points or can you continue the next day in the area accumulating more points?
    Thanks
  • Options
    If you do not complete an area (0 stars), does the area reset to zero points or can you continue the next day in the area accumulating more points?
    Thanks
  • Options
    I'm nearly positive it resets to 0, but I haven't actually seen it.