What jedi team did you beat tier 7 yoda with. ...

2Next

Replies

• Options
    On. Yoda certainly is a fun character, he is a staple member of my gw team now..

Im pretty much a collector to be fair, so i had to have him at 7* otherwise it just bothers me.
    If the above mentioned wasnt the case, i wouldnt bother too much with him tho.

These are my thoughts on yoda case.
  • Options
    QGJ
    JC
    Luminara
    Aayla
    Kit
    Guide to Beating Galactic War from Team Instinct
    TeamInstinct.net -- Community Site and Home to Team Instinct
  • Options
    I agree with LlwllynZ 100% on this. I run an all Jedi team in my PvP. While most may think this is suicide due to the droid teams or variations thereof (like Poe & Poggle etc), I find having Barriss as a lead gives me plenty of HP to out last them. When I get Yoda up to a more "functional" level say.. my max level at least Gear 8 I may have more to add.

His leader ability is nice for Jedi, though I think it would be more PvP functional if it was Evasion or HP over Tenacity. This is my opinion because Yoda can pretty much make you immune against enemy debuffs if you play his Battle Meditation.

Do I think he was worth pulling my hair out over like I did? Honestly... I expected more, he is the Grand Master after all and took much to get him. I'm sure after I figure a set of moves with the right team I'll have more to say but, for now I must gear him up. :smile:
    - HumbleSage
    "To me, there is no light or dark side to The Force. There's just the Force and I'll wield it how I see fit."
  • Javofett
    65 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    jordissim wrote: »
    I just beat Yoda in Tier 7 with Luminara (leader), Qui-Gon Jinn, Ashoka Tano, Kit Fisto and Barriss Offee. My Jedi were not that great, since I have systematically spent the Ability Mats I have obtained to try to make most of my players pretty rounded-up. So I fought Yoda ..............................
    OBarriss accompanies Yoda, then forgoet about him and divide your attacks more or less equally between her and the other Jedi in play.
    [*] Manage to get them both, just before one of Barriss Offee's attacks, in the red spectrum of their HP.
    [*] The AI acts very lamely here: Barriss will use her HP equalizer power, dramatically lowering Yoda's life.
    [*] Now it's the time to go "all in": attack Yoda with everything you have. Chances are, you will beat him fairly easily as long as you have managed to keep some balance over your own healing powers throughout the game, and have at least one character (be it Jedi Consular, Luminara, or Barriss) ready to boost the health of your remaining players.
    [*] Now that Yoda's gone, Barriss and her companion don't stand a chance. Go get them, and collect your 100 shards to raise Yoda to his full potential (and gear him up to Level IX, he's one of the two top players who can get there under the current restriction posed by a maximum 70th level). As a side-effect, you will also receive 5 very valuable shards for Darth Vader: they allowed me to bring him to Level 5 (still not much, but I hope we'll all eventually get to enjoy his skills as a Level 7 character).
    [/list]

A slight off-topic:

I feel obliged to admit that Yoda is a very good character, but not that good. It easily ranks among the top ten, but I still will choose Darth Sidious, First Order Tie Fighter, Princess Leia, Count Dooku and Poe Dameron every single time: they build a fearsome team in the Arena (I've been more often than not leading the ranks for the past month and a half or so, and you will see how the top 5 players use variants on this strategy). For the Galactic War, my advice is different: get all healers in, led by Luminara, plus FOTF. Weaken the enemy when they seem too strong with well built synergic teams in suicidal missions, and proceed to wipe out the remains with your base choice. It's been over two months since I was unable to finish a Galactic War, and the added bonus of 4-5 free daily Tier III Ability Mats is something worth taking into account.

I hope this helps, especially now that time is running extremely short with the whole Yoda Challenge! Remember: One day and a few hours to go!

P.S.: Forgive my poor English, it's not my native language, nor even my third. Trying to improve, though.
    Regards, fellow players!

I just got yoda 7*.... running same team but barriss. I used JC. Your post helped me alot.

thank you
  • Options
    I just beat 7 star after about an hour. Took me a while to get the hang of it.

I was against Eeth Ahsoka team and I attacked Yoda the entire time. I got lucky that I got the damage up with QGJ near the end.

My team is real weak dps wise, but I could hang in there with heals barely... I thought I would never beat this challenge until I only focused on Yoda

Baris
    QGJ
    Lumi
    Mace Windu
    JC
  • Options
    I get 7* yoda with barris lead , lumi , jc, ashoka,And qgj.
    Yoda had with him fisto And lumi .
  • Options
    Finally after three days, got 7* Yoda with a following team: Lumi (lead) Qui-gon,Eeth, Plo Koon, Jedi C.
    Yoda has Qui-gon and Barris, first eliminated Qui-gon, than almost killed Barris, and after she use the healing, (with a HUGE amount of luck), killed Yoda.
  • Options
    Fighton wrote: »
    For the past 3 days I've been reading thread on how frustrating(impossible) this yoda Events.....now it's not easy, which is a good thing , but it's far from impossible.
    Took me about 30 mins to beat yoda, with barris and kit Fisto ar his side(after a few retreats with barris n other jedi, kit was by far the weakest jedi I was able to pair with barris. (Even seemed weaker then gaurdian jedi)).
    From my small sample size of battles, you'll need all the evades you can get (was the same for me in tier 6) so here's my team,
    Luminara (lead)
    Qgj
    Kit Fisto
    Jc
    Ahsoka

Wonder if anyone has beat it with barris in place of fisto. Also hoping to help others find there best possible team....my line ID is, trojanjoe1 if.you'd like to see the vid of my yoda battle

Qgj
    Lumi
    Jc
    Ahsoka
    Barris
  • Options
    Ahsoka lead
    Lumi
    JC
    Koth
    Plo
    Against
    Ima, Yoda, Plo

Max Ahsoka leader ability has more evade. Used her because of that.
    Plo was killed when Yoda was at 5% health. Luckily I dodged all but 1 of Yodas huge special attacks (plo Koons death). After that Ima and Plo where easy to kill. Took like 400+ tries.
    Dodge is king in this event
  • Options
    I beat him at 7* with Lumi, Tano, JC, EK, & QGJ. Might have been the most frustrating thing I've ever done. Seriously may have taken 3000 tries. Beat him on third day. Total of maybe 14 hours. If I could go back I would have farmed BO and should have made it much easier.
  • Bex
    21 posts Member
    Options
    Lumi (L), QGJ, JC, Mace, and Plo (gear 7/8).
  • Options
    Lumi (L), QCJ, JC, BO, Mace. Vs BO, QGJ and Yoda. Lowered BO and QCJ till BO healed, lowering Yoda. Quickly killed QGJ, before easily finishing BO. Easy to kill Yoda thereafter. Lost QGJ mid battle and Mace mate on. All level 70, all were max skill and gear. Also F2P
  • Pikot
    65 posts Member
    Options
    Barriss (L)
    Luminara
    JC
    Ahsoka
    Koth
    All max geared and with maxed abilities.
  • Diraan
    332 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Bariss L
    Luminara
    QGJ
    Ahsoka
    JC

All either maxed or within one gear slot of fully maxed. Got lucky and beat the 7* on the second try. Yoda kept targeting Bariss and my healers were more than able to keep up. I was actually aiming to do the bariss-method but I ended up killing him before she could get the second equalize off
    4/25/2016 - The day General Grevious Shards were reasonably priced.
  • Options
    Barris lead
    Qgj
    Ahsoka
    luminara
    Jedi consular

against yoda, qgj, and luminara. Beat it on the 3rd try. 6* yoda was hell for me the first time around. Took hundreds of tries..

• wrilley
    390 posts Member
    Options
    Newly discovered force-sensitivity among other characters!

Meet the new Uber Team for the Yoda Event.

CUP (L)
    Tusken Raider
    Mob Enforcer
    Lobot
    Fives
  • Options
    I beat him on my 5th attempt with:
    Bariss (leader)
    Jc
    Qgj
    Lum
    Mace

He had in support Kit fisto and plo koon.
  • Options
    Barris (L)
    QGJ
    JC
    Ahsoka
    Lumi

All max gear and only took 3 tries