Raid Han didn't shoot first???

Olga
1333 posts Member
I'm on node 11 of GW and I am going against a squad of CLS DN GK R2 and Han. Well I figured if I used my Sith squad with Shortrooper, I can use my zMaul lead to stealth my sith and force han to shoot shore... well guess what? Han didn't shoot first. He is standing there now with full TM and my zMaul gets to go first.

Replies

• Olga
    1333 posts Member
    Options
    Well I guess maybe my maul had full TM from a previous node so it's RNG on who goes first with full TM but... it's shouldn't be RNG in that situation. Han should shoot first, that's what he does.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    zmaul lead grants +20% TM at the start of a battle. If maul had > 80% TM from a previous battle, the +20% will push him to 100% TM.
    The mechanic in place to make han "shoot first" is giving him 100% TM at the start of a battle. When multiple characters are at 100% TM RNG decides who gets to go first. In your case RNG decided to let maul go first instead of han.
    When playing resistance in GW this happens all the time, all 5 resistance members can have multiple turns without han ever getting his "first shot" off.
    edit: i'm a slow typer, seems you already figured it out before i finished typing. lol
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    100% TM = Coin flip. Nothing new here...
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah, figures. Welp, back into the trash chute for you han.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Olga wrote: »
    Yeah, figures. Welp, back into the trash chute for you han.

well, no. There are only very few battles where an opponent starts with 100% TM.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    The ability doesn't match the description. Should say Han starts the encounter with 100% TM, not that he gets a bonus turn at the start of the encounter.
  • Options
    You are correct on maybe they should change he description to where he gets 100% tm instead of what it is currently. But this mechanic has been the same since he was released may of 2016.
    It really only effects GW where tm is carried from node to node
  • Options
    Moved to Bugs & Issues.

I think you've identified the reason : he starts the battle with 100% TM, but he's not alone, and so it's random.
  • Supercat
    3250 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    This bug has been known since February.
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/90958/han-solo-shoot-first-bug

My guess is it would be hard to fix.
    (Although they made it work for wicket...)
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Olga wrote: »
    The ability doesn't match the description. Should say Han starts the encounter with 100% TM, not that he gets a bonus turn at the start of the encounter.

Unfortunately a controlled bonus turn is done by giving the character 100% tm. Seems to be many limitations in the way the game is coded. This is one of them
  • FierceRevan
    1315 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Never mind
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • Options
    D
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    There is an easy fix, which is to make sure other characters can only start an encounter with a maximum of 99% TM. This way Han will always shoot first.
  • Options
    Even if you were to reduce Zaul to 99%, he should still gain the 20% TM at start of combat and shoot that scruffy nerf herder Han first.
    And your so called simple fix still doesn't change anything towards a Han vs Han scenario. Just leave it alone and let RNJesus decide your fate...
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    Options
    In your example, he wouldn't be starting with a maximum of 99% which was what I proposed. Why wouldn't you want to fix it? And the Han vs Han scenario isn't broken, Han still shoots first in that scenario.
  • Options
    Much simpler fix to just change the ability description on Han than to mess around with mechanics. But then you'll lose the flavour of the game. End of the day, I still say pray to RNJesus, just like pretty much everything else in this game.