How OP is CLS?

13Next

Replies

• Options
    The only real nerf he needs is to remove the 100% TM and 40% Health and Protection from Call to Action. That **** is insane. Its basically "heal to full,dispell all debuffs on self, double your damage, and go again". Honestly, the devs were insane to include all that **** in a single character, let alone a single ability. If he just dispelled his debuffs and gained Call to Action that would be perfectly fine, but to have all that extra stuff is just plain crazy. One other thing that is also dumb is giving 50% counter chance without a damage penalty to, of all factions, REBELS. They all hit like F'ing trucks already! Just these 2 changes and he would still be the best character in the game, but he wouldn't be as blatently OP
  • Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    @kat so you are saying unequivocally that no team no matter what, even if maxed g12's cannot beat a team with CLS, so dont even try just give up and moan about it on forums

All im saying is g12 is a new card game and not everyone has even annied up yet. Theres no way you can say cls will win everything b4 the g12 game has even really started.

-hermit yoda
    -smugler han
    -smugler chewy

It's very likely one maybe more of these will be needed to unlock the next legendary character that will put cls at the back of the bus...

Thats "be smart about juice" in its raw form. Any hero that is at tbe top will come down eventually in this game, maybe not tomorrow or the month after that, but a new, better character will replace him... eventually till then you gotta roll with the punches bud.

• Options
    Loose_Lee wrote: »
    @kat so you are saying unequivocally that no team no matter what, even if maxed g12's cannot beat a team with CLS, so dont even try just give up and moan about it on forums

All im saying is g12 is a new card game and not everyone has even annied up yet. Theres no way you can say cls will win everything b4 the g12 game has even really started.

-hermit yoda
    -smugler han
    -smugler chewy

It's very likely one maybe more of these will be needed to unlock the next legendary character that will put cls at the back of the bus...

Thats "be smart about juice" in its raw form. Any hero that is at tbe top will come down eventually in this game, maybe not tomorrow or the month after that, but a new, better character will replace him... eventually till then you gotta roll with the punches bud.

I'm not a big fan of any toon being truly OP, but I do like to see critical figures from the movies play strong roles. For example, three of my biggest head scratchers when I first started was:

Why doesn't Luke have a light saber?
    Vader is really hard to get. Why isn't he good when you get him?
    Han is really hard to get (at the beginning). Why isn't he good when you get him?

The game has addressed two of those - if a (really, really, really) bit late. Hopefully a Vader change will be coming at some point.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Tothebar wrote: »
    Sure he's fun to use, But it's forcing anyone who wants to compete to run CLS, GK, R2, and Chaze. Basically an unbeatable team right there. Nihilus is gone, Thrawn is disappearing quickly and almost gone. Really not much point in even trying for anything else right now.

I run that team still. Only upgraded GK an R2 to g12. I'm not unbeatable. Thrawn under CLS lead is annoying to my team.

Nobody is forced to use those toons. Thrawn (L), Krooper, shore and stormtrooper can beat those teams as well. It may just happen that not many people have all five of them geared.

• Haxthar
    156 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    When 80% of your Arena top 50 is CLS lead, most G12 yeah you get CLS fatigue. I have him don't get me wrong. I chose to max out my resistance team and that has paid off (never worry about GW) I'm in an old shard Nov 2015, and i run a resistance team with three Zetas and a G12 R2, I cannot crack the top 50 because eeeeveyone is running CLS rebels with GK/Leia usually. I get my butt whooped. I would rule younger shards. He has completely messed up the meta, it's not even close anymore.
  • Options
    I run empire in arena. Thrawn L shore storm DT and Dn. I can beat cls teams if zolo dosnt stun Thrawn at the start but if he does stun thrawn it's over quick. Cls is the easy button, and while I don't blame folks for using him. It's the devs that have driven arena into the ditch.

Plain and simple it's just NOT FUN to play the same team over and over and over and over. No diversity no balance, not to mention all the cls teams in gw. It's a fiasco!
  • Options
    I don't have CLS....and I'm still slitting my wrist over it.

I'm seeing ppl state 'what about when Rey, or Wiggs or (fill in a name)....we're OP? My answer to them is that these characters did not take over all elements of game play.

In my guild, I'm seeing players who were average at the raids and don't have strong rosters, now dominating with CLS.

When one character completely takes over all elements of game play, surely there is a problem?

For those that have, well done, for those that don't, get used to going no where for a while.

In saying the above, I'm working hard on old Ben (oh my the grind!), to get CLS next time.
  • Options
    @Dressy you dont need to grind gear on old ben... just 7* him... to unlock CLS with old ben... well its a cut scene from a new hope hope... and basicly your old ben just needs to die. I 7* my old ben in the nick of time and only had him at g6 or g7... was relived it was not an issue. So just do the cantina battles and star him up... forget about his gear.
  • Options
    @Dressy you dont need to grind gear on old ben... just 7* him... to unlock CLS with old ben... well its a cut scene from a new hope hope... and basicly your old ben just needs to die. I 7* my old ben in the nick of time and only had him at g6 or g7... was relived it was not an issue. So just do the cantina battles and star him up... forget about his gear.

Not sure of the truth on this, but I've heard a G12 Old Ben is actually pretty impressive. I used him in my arena for awhile and he did quite well at G9 believe it or not. But in the past couple of days two Old Bens have popped up in my Top 20 at G12. I fought one and didn't notice anything too different - but then my focus was on the nasty guys like Thrawn and CLS and R2 and Han surrounding him. I think I've seen some things on the forums though, too.

My best guess is that he's fine at lower gear or great at G12 but there isn't much of a difference in between. Just get the max speed which is around G8 or G9 and you're set.
  • Kat
    31 posts Member
    Options

I just say the G12 gear will not change the fact of how he's is unbalanced, and may be it can be worst with all advantage he already give at rebels.Rebels was already the faction who had the best synergie, given them cls put them still so far.
    And even if u can beat him, that doesn't mean is not OP anymore.
    -hermit yoda
    -smugler han
    -smugler chewy

I'm glad they begin to introduce other good toons than rebels, specialy on smugler who really needed it, and finaly boba lead will be usefull.
    But the cls kit is so strong that he will always on a team for arena,like the chaze combo had since many months.And just take a look at his utility even on raids, his kit of abilities have no egal.
    Hey be indulgent pls, my english is just basic!
  • Options
    Same can be said about GK originally, but no one actually cared bc he didnt hit you like a truck, just always caused inconvenience.
    People only want nerfs when they deal massive damage. Luke hits for 30k? well Wedge has been doing that since his meta.
    Its the power creep, if youre not with the new toons at G10 and above youre usually behind.

Its unfortunate but it keeps the game interesting.

• Options
    I am a CLS user... and I find him particularly good! Before.. I was struggling to stay in the top 200 and now, well the numbers speak for themselves, hit 90 yesterday, upto 76 today, dream to use , OP is fine....He is Luke , dammit! Anyway , the new scoundrels seem to be the answer to him... I expect a rant on how op they are in the next few months when they become ftp.
  • prime311
    52 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Kat wrote:

I'm glad they begin to introduce other good toons than rebels, specialy on smugler who really needed it, and finaly boba lead will be usefull.
    But the cls kit is so strong that he will always on a team for arena,like the chaze combo had since many months.And just take a look at his utility even on raids, his kit of abilities have no egal.

Boba lead is bounty hunter, not scoundrels. I guarantee you that the new scoundrels will have no impact on the current meta. No stealth, too squishy, no good tanks, will get destroyed by counters
  • Options
    scuba wrote: »
    prime311 wrote: »
    This different than Rex +4 or zeta Maul before R2. Cls is a waste as a lead IMO. I hope peeps keep using him makes for easy battles.

What squad do you run scuba ?

He runs an ewok team that is pretty much impossible to duplicate without spending a thousand dollars.

They didn't cost that much.

Well you bought the packs, right? I was guessing at how much it would cost to build that team now. I had looked at it a bit because I liked what you were doing, but it didn't seem realistic with all 3 new ewoks not farmable.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    This different than Rex +4 or zeta Maul before R2. Cls is a waste as a lead IMO. I hope peeps keep using him makes for easy battles.

What squad do you run scuba ?

He runs an ewok team that is pretty much impossible to duplicate without spending a thousand dollars.

They didn't cost that much.

Well you bought the packs, right? I was guessing at how much it would cost to build that team now. I had looked at it a bit because I liked what you were doing, but it didn't seem realistic with all 3 new ewoks not farmable.

I did. I got lucky on the drops for logray and wicket. Already had most of the gear.
  • Options
    I think he is definitely powerful but he is beatable in Arena.

The main issue I have with him is the reduced variety that he has brought into many aspects of the game.

1. In my shard, out of the top 20, I would say at least 15 players have CLS in their team. Out of those 15, 90% have Raid Han, GK and R2D2 - there is literally NO variety at all in the high-end of the arena. I usually drop anywhere to 15th up to 25th overnight and my 5 battles to get back into the top 5 are pretty much all against CLS leads of some form - I can beat CLS leads, but its boring!

2. Since the release of CSL, my GW has also become stagnant. Since his release, EVERY single day without fail, my Node 12 has been a CLS lead - there hasn't been 1 single leader variation. Afew weeks down the line, and my node's 9, 10 & 11 are also frequently CLS leads too! Before CLS I only had to use my arena team on Node 12 - I now have to use my arena team usually at least 2 out of the last 4 battles, sometimes all 4.

SWGoH - TurgonGW
    Guild - Starchoppers - Feel free to help us in the Raids!
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    TurgonGW wrote: »
    I think he is definitely powerful but he is beatable in Arena.

The main issue I have with him is the reduced variety that he has brought into many aspects of the game.

1. In my shard, out of the top 20, I would say at least 15 players have CLS in their team. Out of those 15, 90% have Raid Han, GK and R2D2 - there is literally NO variety at all in the high-end of the arena. I usually drop anywhere to 15th up to 25th overnight and my 5 battles to get back into the top 5 are pretty much all against CLS leads of some form - I can beat CLS leads, but its boring!

2. Since the release of CSL, my GW has also become stagnant. Since his release, EVERY single day without fail, my Node 12 has been a CLS lead - there hasn't been 1 single leader variation. Afew weeks down the line, and my node's 9, 10 & 11 are also frequently CLS leads too! Before CLS I only had to use my arena team on Node 12 - I now have to use my arena team usually at least 2 out of the last 4 battles, sometimes all 4.

I see that issue with all the "new" shiny toys. DN everywhere, Thrawn everywhere, golden trio was everywhere for a while.

Hell my GW for the easy nodes are mostly Luminara leads.
    What did cls change in my GW... Went from Luminara/gk leads to Luminara/cls leads

Same old same old with any new character that is actually useful.
  • Options
    CLS is overpowered, he made the area a joke. GW not fun dealing with the last 3-4 squads with him as leader with rebels. I used to be able to finish GW 95% of the time now I am lucky to get 5%. Yes, I don't have him. I didn't have time to farm/money when he came out. If I had know how much of a game changer he was going to be I would have took a loan out to get him. He is all of Phoenix Squad rolled into one, nah better. All he has to do is kill Hera, and that's easy to do since taunt doesn't work on him. Oh look let's go to Cloud City and get my hand cut off, but nah taunt doesn't work on him.
  • Options
    STRIKEBOMB wrote: »
    The only real nerf he needs is to remove the 100% TM and 40% Health and Protection from Call to Action. That **** is insane. Its basically "heal to full,dispell all debuffs on self, double your damage, and go again". Honestly, the devs were insane to include all that **** in a single character, let alone a single ability. If he just dispelled his debuffs and gained Call to Action that would be perfectly fine, but to have all that extra stuff is just plain crazy. One other thing that is also dumb is giving 50% counter chance without a damage penalty to, of all factions, REBELS. They all hit like F'ing trucks already! Just these 2 changes and he would still be the best character in the game, but he wouldn't be as blatently OP

Actually that's the only time I can kill him because he has 100% tenacity until he uses that special. So if he just only used basic he would kill every too since he counters for like 10k. But you are right, he's op
  • Options
    Launch shard.

47/50 gold CLS teams.

Nuff said.
  • Options
    please plea for buffing ds, not nerfing ls. nerf is a pain for anyone who has it. buffing underpowered characters is a better way to bring back balance
  • Options
    please plea for buffing ds, not nerfing ls. nerf is a pain for anyone who has it. buffing underpowered characters is a better way to bring back balance

Upvote
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner