The Knights who say, "REN!"

13Next

Replies

• Options
    Boo wrote: »
    Anyway Disney has showed us that training doesn't mean squat, when a girl who picks up a lightsaber for the first time ever can beat someone who has trained most of their life with lightsabers (also I can't stand kylo ren, didn't want my post to sound like I liked him :s).

I agree and is totally contradictory to what Yoda said, that training to be a jedi is difficult and a long process. Even though Anakin came by the use and sill of the force naturally - he lacked the discipline and patience of the jedi - he chose a quick easy and more seductive path of the dark side.

Rey comes along, shatters those rules by mindtricking stormtroopers right away and picking up a lightsaber defeating an experienced force & saber wielding foe - this makes 100% 0 sense!!!!

This is why I believe Rey, at least, must be a skywalker. Because everyone elses training - Jedi and Sith alike have been difficult and gruelling.

I just hope they don't make episode 8 and 9 play by the same "rules" as episode 7 did...
  • Options
    I like Kylo and I think the knights of Ren are really intriguing. I'd love to see a knights of Ren team with the individual knights released. I want to know more about them, but they've also had pretty much the same amount of screen time as characters like Bistan and pao, so if we get any background information at all on them, I don't see why they'd be so out of the question
  • Options
    Woodroward wrote: »
    I'm wondering .........

JJ Abrahms is great a getting people to wonder about stuff, but never providing an explanation. This is just another smoke monster.
  • Bossk_Hogg
    335 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Anyway Disney has showed us that training doesn't mean squat, when a girl who picks up a lightsaber for the first time ever can beat someone who has trained most of their life with lightsabers (also I can't stand kylo ren, didn't want my post to sound like I liked him :s).

She beat a dark side padawan who was experiencing the dark side equivalent of a crisis of faith when killing his father didnt bring him the satisfaction he thought it would. Kylo was experiencing a real case of dead dad buyer's remorse, not great emotions for a sith to channel. That, plus the debilitating bowcaster wound, while Rey let the force flow through her... yep, he's not going to win easily.

It's actually a really well done scene and character arc, but requires some understanding of nuance and subtext.
  • Options
    Bossk_Hogg wrote: »

She beat a dark side padawan who was experiencing the dark side equivalent of a crisis of faith when killing his father didnt bring him the satisfaction he thought it would. Kylo was experiencing a real case of dead dad buyer's remorse, not great emotions for a sith to channel. That, plus the debilitating bowcaster wound, while Rey let the force flow through her... yep, he's not going to win easily.

It's actually a really well done scene and character arc, but requires some understanding of nuance and subtext.

If it is require some clarifications, it is not "well done scene"...
  • Options
    Vinniarth wrote: »
    Bossk_Hogg wrote: »

If it is require some clarifications, it is not "well done scene"...

Dumb people miss things all the time. It doesn't mean that directors should cater to the lowest common denominator.
  • Options
    DatBoi wrote: »
    leef wrote: »
    @DatBoi why all the hate for knights of ren

what hate? Im asking people why they have an opinion on something they know absolutely nothing about
    because the concept art looks promissing?
    maxresdefault.jpg

I suppose i forgot that a character's general appearance determines how popular they are, regardless of the characters themselves <ahem> darthmaul <ahem> general grievous <ahem>

<ahem>boba<ahem>TFA<ahem>
    Not jarjar
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • Options
    Supercat wrote: »
    leef wrote: »
    @DatBoi why all the hate for knights of ren

what hate? Im asking people why they have an opinion on something they know absolutely nothing about
    because the concept art looks promissing?
    maxresdefault.jpg

I suppose i forgot that a character's general appearance determines how popular they are, regardless of the characters themselves <ahem> darthmaul <ahem> general grievous <ahem>

<ahem>boba<ahem>TFA<ahem>
    Not jarjar

agree with boba. not with TFA
  • Options
    Interestingly there has been no confirmation of any type of appearance by the Knights of Ren in TLJ.