My GW run (with photos)

Prev1
Metschina123
361 posts Member
edited February 2016
So yesterday I made a post of my opinion on the GW . I stated the fact that it can be beat consistently with a relatively easy to obtain team and I wrote an generalized guide line of my approach.

I know that GW difficulty is a hot topic right now and certainly a lot of GW strategies have been discussed here since the launch. So I can understand why my over-simplified guide lines was met with skepticism, criticism and misunderstandings.

By sharing my roster info and my GW experience here, I hope to offer something useful to the SWGOH community and raise a constructive discussion on the subject of beating the GW with the least amount of resource possible so that more players will have
more positive experience of GW and the game as a whole, which I clearly failed to do in my earlier thread.

So to right my wrongs, I want to make the following points clear:

1 my team is only one of the many solutions to beating the GW

2 my success in GW could very well attribute to other random factors such as luck since no one has a definitive answer to what factors determine every players GW difficulty

3 Beating GW consistently requires a fairly good roster and utilization of battle strategies and tactics which I won't get into here because I only want to focus on the roster portion

4 building a specific team takes a good amount of time so for those who are struggling with the overwhelming difficulty in their current GW there is probably no quick fix for their problems.

That said, let's move on to the photos then

Replies

• Metschina123
    361 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    My achievements page as you can see I have completed 65 GWs in total

SeymGI4

Here is my roster, clearly I'm neither a whale nor a FTP . I've bought the droid pack the Dooku pack and 300$ worth of crystals

http://imgur.com/a/HyWSw

I only play farmable characters and Vader. So it's not difficult to imitate my build. I have only 5 7* characters and only 5 level 70 characters so my roster isn't overpowering.

Some people say that there is a correlation between the arena ranking and GW difficulty, so I'll include my arena standing

http://imgur.com/a/1DkN7

As you can see I'm competing with many whales, but I can hold my rank with farmable heroes

Here is an arena fight with a whale and his Poe taunted first

http://imgur.com/a/25WVY
    Post edited by Metschina123 on
  • Metschina123
    361 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Let's move on to GW

Here is the team I use for most of my GW battles

http://imgur.com/a/KDohB

I use Lumi lead , GS , Daka , Poe and Ewok elder
    Ewok elder is the only one difficult to farm . I pulled a two star EE and I keep farming him every day and I buy his shards from shipments as well.

In my opinion, you only need 6* Lumi 6* Poe 6*daka 7* GS and 4* Ewok elder to win most of the fights in GW
  • Metschina123
    361 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Node 2

http://imgur.com/a/phzGC

Node 3

http://imgur.com/a/vLVip

Node 4

http://imgur.com/a/1WVbV

Node 5

http://imgur.com/a/ScZLM

Usually my opponents are tougher than today's. My team doesn't have any trouble dealing with the opposition.
  • LSkywalkerr
    105 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
  • Metschina123
    361 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
  • Metschina123
    361 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Node 9

This is a tough fight so I pull out my suicide squad to waste enemy special skills

http://imgur.com/a/KReQX

Node 10

http://imgur.com/a/djldH

I probably didn't need suicide squad for this battle but i just wanted to be safe

Node 11

http://imgur.com/a/rHQJ6

Node 12

http://imgur.com/a/HViGO

For the last two nodes I no longer need heal and cool down so I pull out my A team to finish the fight

The whole campaign took me 45 minutes and I retreated once I think
  • Options
    Your have to be lucky becouse i get stopped on the last three battles, i have maxed sidious, maxed luna, 6* dooku, 4* first order tie pilot, and depending on opposing NPC i use 6* jedi or 5* old doka,
  • Options
    Thanks for sharing information.
    Mestre Fábio - My YouTube Channel - My SwGOH profile - Brazilian player? Come to play with us, AAT heroic, contact me
  • Ivan_Drago
    639 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Thanks a lot for shared information, this is helpful.

Still, we are waiting for a pic of a 70 7* team featuring Dooku, Sid, Kylo and GS. The fifth is anyone from the list of Daka, Leia, QGJ, Yoda, Rey or Poe. So far you are facing Chewbakka and 4* Jawa instead, which, in my understanding, is not a very hard to beat opposition.

In general, it would also be very much appreciated if you could please also put the pictures that feature teams where all 5 characters are at level 70 and 7 stars (because that is what everyone is facing at EVERY node starting from node 3 or 4 onwards)
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Much much better post, and I salute you and kudos you for it. Thanks for the help in name of those who found useful advice here. Elder Ewok is certwinly a grest help

However, in those 12 nodes you faced 0 times vs Geo, Leia, QGJ (L) or rey. Much less vs all of them together. This is what people mesnt yesterday: GW Experience is very different player to player. Some players fsce those 1HKO wonders of speed 143+ seversl times per GW. Sometimes as soon as node 6.
    Post edited by Triqui on
  • Options
    Kudos for substance OP! I hope it will breathe some fresh air into the debate.
  • Options
    Duknukeem wrote: »
    Your have to be lucky becouse i get stopped on the last three battles, i have maxed sidious, maxed luna, 6* dooku, 4* first order tie pilot, and depending on opposing NPC i use 6* jedi or 5* old doka,

I'm afraid I can't agree with you. If I have my A team fresh for the last three battles there is no chance I can't finish. My droids can destroy any opposition regardless of their star, gear levels or composition

• Options
    Ivan_Drago wrote: »

Still, we are waiting for a pic of a 70 7* team featuring Dooku, Sid, Kylo and GS. The fifth is anyone from the list of Daka, Leia, QGJ, Yoda, Rey or Poe. So far you are facing Chewbakka and 4* Jawa instead, which, in my understanding, is not a very hard to beat opposition.

In general, it would also be very much appreciated if you could please also put the pictures that feature teams where all 5 characters are at level 70 and 7 stars (because that is what everyone is facing at EVERY node starting from node 3 or 4 onwards)

So like this? I get this pretty much everyday since the update...its been rough :(

Great post btw, never thought elder would make such a big impact.

http://m.imgur.com/a/sPwZ9
  • Options
    appreciate the support guys! Do anyone of you know how to post pictures instead of links? Because all I see is links
  • Options
    appreciate the support guys! Do anyone of you know how to post pictures instead of links? Because all I see is links

Write [ img ] link of the picture [ /img ] but without blank spaces between img and [ ]
  • Options
    I'm not 70 and I find GW very easy, but I also consider myself very good at puzzles and problem-solving. I've spent $20 on SWGOH and I'm sure many would find my character stable/A-Team to be laughable. I generally breeze through GW (including several retreats), but again, I'm not 70.

I have 26 GW wins at level 63 and I keep waiting for the hammer to drop and GW to crush me as I close in on 70. I would have had more than 26 wins but I didn't know about retreat (I got my first GW win without it).

I wonder what they want out of GW in terms of difficulty? Based on my experience I assume they want it to be a fun challenge with a 90% completion rate, but maybe not. Do they want everyone to be able to do it 100% of the time? That seems as unlikely as them wanting it to be impossible all the time.

I really want to know what the factor is that makes GW so different from one player to the next?
    --"A Team" (or GW Team) composition
    --Level/Star/Gear
    --Facility with strategy
    --Patience (searching for a solution with retreat, character rotation, etc.)
    --Perception...in other words, there really isn't much difference, but one person focuses on the wins and the other focuses on the losses
    --RNG. Obviously this is the culprit everyone wants, but it just seems so unlikely that RNG alone could account for one person always doing well and another always doing poorly. It's definitely a factor, but can it really be the only factor? [see below]
    --I'm open to other suggestions
    So the theory is that he got lucky on 65 GW runs and/or that you were unlucky on all of yours?
    That seems so incredibly unlikely, but I guess it's mathematically possible.
  • Options
    I think 300$ is whale enough.

Anyway good team share! Tough problem for most ftp players is that they have a limited roster they can invest energy on and have to fight against teams that are way higher then their team for an entire gw. I've pretty much won al my gws, but the last few days the enemies went from 12 levels below me to consistent full lvl 70 teams (4lvls above me). I had to spend allot of time playing with team matchup untill i get some luck with rng and get a decent outcome at best. I do finish my gws but it takes to much time and is unrewarding. So yeah, good thread, but they do need to fix that difficulty that goes from extremly easy to extremly hard in a day for ftp players.
  • Options

I can't decide what teams they throw at me so I guess we have to wait for it. I usually face much tougher teams but just not today. When I do meet them I will post the photos.

I did encounter the tougher teams as you described but with so many tools at my disposal, I have no problem with them at all. Perhaps if you let me know what team you are having trouble with I might be able to help.

Also if you encounter maxed teams at node 3 it doesn't necessarily mean the rest of the nodes are all difficult. Sometimes it gets easier toward the end

• Options
    This is great! I have different maxed charaters and have been winning most Gw, but it's awesome to see crew being so helpful :D
  • Options

I can't decide what teams they throw at me so I guess we have to wait for it. I usually face much tougher teams but just not today. When I do meet them I will post the photos.

I did encounter the tougher teams as you described but with so many tools at my disposal, I have no problem with them at all. Perhaps if you let me know what team you are having trouble with I might be able to help.

Also if you encounter maxed teams at node 3 it doesn't necessarily mean the rest of the nodes are all difficult. Sometimes it gets easier toward the end

Great, then please post other strong teams as you come by. In terms of difficulties that I, for one, face - more or less very fast high-dps teams as described above, with occasional inclusion of lower caliber 7* toons as Opress or Phasma.

Last two days I was able to complete it, but the day before that didn't manage. So it's very challenging.
  • Kandinski
    11 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Your other thread made me realize I was using too much firepower in my GW battles, making it hard to finish my cooldowns before the battle ended and making my GW experience really frustrating. Since then I've switched to Lumi (L), JC, Daka, GS and Poe/Dooku and my past two GW's went like a breeze. I finish every battle fully healed up, with at least 2 heals ready for the next one, and yes I do face full level 70 7* QGJ/Leia/FOTP/GS teams.

I had tried the three healer set-up before but I paired it with GS and IG88, which was too much firepower. Switching IG88 for Poe or Dooku (depending on the enemy) provided some extra protection and a chance to finish cooldowns after the biggest threats are down.

So thanks!
  • Options
    Triqui wrote: »

Write [ img ] link of the picture [ /img ] but without blank spaces between img and [ ]

Thanks for the tip, but after I follow your instructions, I see Z1wwdx instead of http but still no pictures.

• Options
    I think 300$ is whale enough.

Anyway good team share! Tough problem for most ftp players is that they have a limited roster they can invest energy on and have to fight against teams that are way higher then their team for an entire gw. I've pretty much won al my gws, but the last few days the enemies went from 12 levels below me to consistent full lvl 70 teams (4lvls above me). I had to spend allot of time playing with team matchup untill i get some luck with rng and get a decent outcome at best. I do finish my gws but it takes to much time and is unrewarding. So yeah, good thread, but they do need to fix that difficulty that goes from extremly easy to extremly hard in a day for ftp players.

Whale or not my team is totally doable even for FTP. Plus I believe CG made GW difficult intentionally in order to drive up player spending. So they are not in any rush to fix it.

• Options
    Kandinski wrote: »
    Your other thread made me realize I was using too much firepower in my GW battles, making it hard to finish my cooldowns before the battle ended and making my GW experience really frustrating. Since then I've switched to Lumi (L), JC, Daka, GS and Poe/Dooku and my past two GW's went like a breeze. I finish every battle fully healed up, with at least 2 heals ready for the next one, and yes I do face full level 70 7* QGJ/Leia/FOTP/GS teams.

I had tried the three healer set-up before but I paired it with GS and IG88, which was too much firepower. Switching IG88 for Poe or Dooku (depending on the enemy) provided some extra protection and a chance to finish cooldowns after the biggest threats are down.

So thanks!

That's exactly it. Too much power is bad for the early stages. Im happy for you.

• Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

Thanks for the tip, but after I follow your instructions, I see Z1wwdx instead of http but still no pictures.

Mmm not sure what is wrong. I just type [ I M G] and [/ I M G] with no spaces, un the middle I just copy paste the imagen url like http://i.imgur.com/6ggaIQHh.jpg

6ggaIQHh.jpg

Note that you have to put the link to the individual picture, not the album
  • Options

Great, then please post other strong teams as you come by. In terms of difficulties that I, for one, face - more or less very fast high-dps teams as described above, with occasional inclusion of lower caliber 7* toons as Opress or Phasma.

Last two days I was able to complete it, but the day before that didn't manage. So it's very challenging.

Fast DPS teams are tricky but totally manageable.

Rule No1 don't bring Jedi to battle against the fast DPS team with Dooku on it.

What you can do is use your B team and concentrate on Dooku, even if your whole team gets wiped out it's worth it to get rid of Dooku and Sid if you can.

Then you can bring out your Jedi healers to fight the rest.

Rule No2 GS owns Rey and pilot. Sid owns Rey. Rey owns pilot.

GS can one shot Rey and pilot so you need GS for those tough teams. Sid's AOE will decrease Rey's damage output. Rey can one shot pilot.

So when you see your enemies lineup just use the counter characters.
  • Options

Mmm not sure what is wrong. I just type [ I M G] and [/ I M G] with no spaces, un the middle I just copy paste the imagen url like http://i.imgur.com/6ggaIQHh.jpg

6ggaIQHh.jpg

Note that you have to put the link to the individual picture, not the album

Thanks, I have those pictures in an album, that's probably it

• Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    So the theory is that he got lucky on 65 GW runs and/or that you were unlucky on all of yours?
    That seems so incredibly unlikely, but I guess it's mathematically possible.

It is unlikely only if you start with the premise that everybody's odds for difficult teams are the same. Which may be a flawed premise to begin with.

I have been very "lucky". Until recently, I did my GW with just one team of 5 guys (now I have to use suicide squads and team B). Used just one healer. Sometimes I changed healer when Lumi was in cooldown. Rest of team was my droid team. Blasted through very very easy GWs, and saw people in the forums posting incredibly hard GW rivals, which I never faced.

Is it that I'm lucky consistently, while others are not? Unlikely, as you said. But let's go with some wild theories. What if the rivals are taken from a pool, and that pool is constructed by several stats, that favor me? For example, I didnt max Sid and Lumi first with 7* as many people do. As I play droids, I leveled HK and 88 to 4*, then 5* then 6*, same with Poggle and 86. What if max number of stars I'm your squad influence the rivals? I dont play in the US, so if the pool is taken from players active in that moment, I'm not facing guys from the harder US softlaunch servers.(OP doesnt play in the US either). Other factors could influence my GW for the good, unknown to us. Just because we dont know the explanation of phenomena, it doesnt mean it doesnt have any

Truth is, in this run at least, OP faced exactly zero chars with one hit KO and fast speed. No geo, no rey, no QGJ, no Leia. Not even " easy " ones like FOTP and IG86.
    The healing approach work less when chars are never wounded. They are either full, or dead after one of the one hit KO guys shoot his bazooka. Granted, he still has revives. It might work. But having to face 7 teams in a row with 3-4 guys able to oneshot people is an experience vastly different from this GW with blue geared Chewies and 4* jawas. It might not translate as well as you think to those GW being experienced by other players.

It is a good ser of advices, through. Elder Ewok is grest, if difficult to farm. Just that ithe solución might not be universal
  • Options
    Lol you faced my team xD
  • Options
    So if you spend $300+ it should be easy to beat. I'm ranked 50 - 100 in Arena, with my highest rank ever at 40. F2P except 21 day sub of crystals. I usually beat GW 6 times a week, but my opponents tend to be a lot worse than what you've got up here. I have easy days occasionally, but most are a fight to get to the last chest. Here is most of my GW yesterday:

http://i410.photobucket.com/albums/pp188/whateverwhatever/Screenshot_2016-02-15-00-50-25_zpsi4f97pdy.png

http://i410.photobucket.com/albums/pp188/whateverwhatever/Screenshot_2016-02-15-01-03-19_zpsykwplhmw.png

http://i410.photobucket.com/albums/pp188/whateverwhatever/Screenshot_2016-02-15-01-06-59_zps0ejf0jav.png

http://i410.photobucket.com/albums/pp188/whateverwhatever/Screenshot_2016-02-15-01-10-15_zps2zrpqokg.png

http://i410.photobucket.com/albums/pp188/whateverwhatever/Screenshot_2016-02-15-01-13-22_zpsiwpl4tfn.png

http://i410.photobucket.com/albums/pp188/whateverwhatever/Screenshot_2016-02-15-01-17-53_zps8szrqynl.png

http://i410.photobucket.com/albums/pp188/whateverwhatever/Screenshot_2016-02-15-01-20-49_zps2tw71px0.png

I ended up beating it, mainly because I have a deep bench, but I've had worse days, particularly when I wasn't at cap:

http://i410.photobucket.com/albums/pp188/whateverwhatever/Screenshot_2016-01-28-01-41-03_zpsoez2mizm.png

http://i410.photobucket.com/albums/pp188/whateverwhatever/Screenshot_2016-02-13-01-04-38_zpsjcocmfl9.png

http://i410.photobucket.com/albums/pp188/whateverwhatever/Screenshot_2016-02-13-03-00-43_zpsdzk7ajvz.png