Territory battles seem 50% more difficult

Prev134
Anyone else experiencing this? Phase 2 seems to be equivalent to phase 4 difficulty from the previous run. If the difficulty escalates at the same rate phase 5 and 6 will be nearly impossible. Did i miss the update where they tuned the difficulty?
Intergalactic space slugs are recruiting. Pm me if interested in entering the slug life. ~°° ♡

Replies

• Options
    Write this when TB started in General Discussion and got shunted to god-knows-where ("don't worry; it's somewhere!") So I'll say it here again since it's got it's "correct" section:

Anyone got a strategy for these massacres? No retreats without losing everything, impossible numbers of assists, protection ups, and dispels not to mention health and damage...tried Wiggs and Jedi, didn't work. What would?
  • Options
    Clones work, res works, wiggs works, Jedi works, It comes down to you gear level, ability levels, and your mods. If your mods are setup well, then you will have issues. And without knowing gear levels, squad comps, mods, it's hard to say why you are having issues
  • Options
    Clones work, res works, wiggs works, Jedi works,

Phoenix team works, some Rogue one teams do work as well... There are so many different combinations that do work...
  • Options
    Jedis don't seem to work, as do rebels...I'm running levels 80s, 7* G8-10, but that's not the point...what happens with any team is that any buffs disappear almost immediately, damage can't get thru health and multiple protection-ups, and the damage from the free assists and suicide droids knock my Lightsiders out instantly, who are almost always squishy or rely on buffs, or damage that just isn't enough.

Guess what I was looking for was a specific (preferably F2P-friendly) strategy i.e. counters team? Or Aoes? Target who first? What sort of leads? "Jedi, clones, res works..." Probably means as much as "Light Side works..."?
  • Options
    If you're looking for a silver bullet that will allow you to go 6/6 in a phase 6 combat mission with g8-10 toons, then you're out of luck. Unless you have 5x +20 Speed mods on all of you characters, and even then it'll be even odds at best.

Until you're geared up quite a bit, the best advice is probably "Know thy enemy". If you're facing a Stormtrooper Commander, who calls up to 2 other units, who in turn might have an assist as well or grant themselves 50% TM on their basic, then you'll probably want to knock him out first. If there's a suicide droid, you'll want to take him out with an alpha strike before he goes below 100% health, etc. Study enemy team composition and adapt your tactics: If Leia is your main damage dealer, a Probe Droid who prevents stealth can hurt your team more than a Snowtrooper's AoE.

But again: Until you're geared up and/or your guild activates every bonus from Platoon missions, you won't be completing all combat mission waves after p4...
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Mhmacleod wrote: »
    Jedis don't seem to work, as do rebels...I'm running levels 80s, 7* G8-10, but that's not the point...what happens with any team is that any buffs disappear almost immediately, damage can't get thru health and multiple protection-ups, and the damage from the free assists and suicide droids knock my Lightsiders out instantly, who are almost always squishy or rely on buffs, or damage that just isn't enough.

Guess what I was looking for was a specific (preferably F2P-friendly) strategy i.e. counters team? Or Aoes? Target who first? What sort of leads? "Jedi, clones, res works..." Probably means as much as "Light Side works..."?

What do you mean that's not the point? Of course it's the point. How much damage your characters do and how squishy they are depend on their gear level. Speed depends on mods. These things are very important.

Zeta Finn resistance team can do anything as usual. As for rebels, that's a very broad category. If you're using an AOE heavy team against the enemies with counters and you don't have stealth, you're going to be in trouble. R2 helps a ton for stealth and stuns. Raid Han helps a ton since he can auto-stun whoever is the most troublesome enemy in each wave. Leia can stealth herself and do a lot of damage. Wedge lead means everybody can have some healing. (I'm assuming you don't have CLS.) Jyn can revive some rebels. There are lots of options, but this is meant to be end game content right now, it's not going to be easy for "level 80s, 7* G8-10."
  • Options
    Is it just me or are the missions harder than they were last week?
  • Options
    Is it just me or are the missions harder than they were last week?
  • Options
    Yea, they are significantly harder.
  • Options
    It's all RNG. You may have had good RNG last time and had easier waves and today you got bad RNG. Combat battles aren't consistent. Any number of different enemies can spawn.
  • Options
    Im not talking about the enemy spawns. Im talking about the power of the enemies. I seem to remember auto-ing P2, and now im losing characters in battle when not autoing.
    Intergalactic space slugs are recruiting. Pm me if interested in entering the slug life. ~°° ♡
  • Options
    It did feel tougher. Not many of the green skulls either. i used gear 8 phx last week and breezed by. This one I had clones and was noticeably tougher.
  • Options
    Phase 2 seems more difficult to me. I easily got 6/6 twice last time and this time only got 5/6 3 times. Just turned level 85.
  • Options
    I was thinking the same thing! A few guildies mentioned this as well, but I thought I just wasn't paying enough attention to it. I did 6/6 pretty easily on two of them, but on the Hoth Soldier node I only went 5/6. I was using a G12 CLS and G11 GK with two level 85 G8 rebels, but still only went 5/6. The wave 6 guys stunlocked me like the noob I was for taking it for granted lol >.<
    SHATTERPOINT - One of the world's strongest guilds
    Recruiting solid 3mil+ GP players, pm for info
  • Options
    It was harder....I beat it still but this was a lot harder. It seemed like P4 for some reason.
  • Options
    Interesting. This makes things much harder, on top of the fact that we need 8 bohdi rooks for p2 platoons. I imagine that a dev would comment if they hadnt made any changes.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    moved to correct sub forum.
  • Options
    I 'member.
    I am the Tard of Tards
  • Options
    It does feel significantly tougher, and so say many in my guild. Still hit like wet noodles, but survive longer so when the deadly AoEs will show up, it will be harder.
    ☮ Consular ☮ - https://swgoh.gg/u/tiggus/
  • Options
    I would like to say in your imagination - but if it is, then it's in mine too. I got through all of P2 last time with protection still left on everyone. Today, I lost two (almost three) toons in a combat mission. Quite possibly RNG. But also possibly increased difficulty.
  • Options
    I 'member.

'Member Chewbacca?
  • Options
    It did seem harder today...last time in same battle i went 6/6 easily with my Jedi squad & today i went 5/6...got decimated in final battle!
  • Options
    Thanks... that's the conclusion I needed. I run F2P without zetas so most of the specific toons won't be usable, but the confirmation about stats beyond what I've got means perhaps setting lower sights on passing lower number of stages or skipping them entirely in favor of platoon missions.
    So in conclusion these missions are more like raids than anything else: with many other events there were the aforementioned "silver bullets" or specific tactics: snowtrooper for Forest Moon, Maul for Places of Power, maybe even AOE for Empire Assault...for Combat Missions I guess the conclusion is "Late-game Arena-Team-level overwhelming power/speed".
  • Options
    Last time TFP didn't have enough health in the last battle to survive a 212 attack, and leaving Cody with a cool down at 1, this time the 212 only took half of TFP and Cody was ready to do it again, so something is different this time around
    That's the best example I can give as that battle was very close to being the same as last time
    The others had more skulls in them, but that can be explained by RNG
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Options
    I don't know.
    Last time I didn't pay attention to the adds. This time I have learned to target Snowtrooper Ops and TFP pronto.

Also, the probe droids won't self destruct until they have lost some of their health, so I try to leave them alone until I ready to focus them down.

If it is tougher this time or not, I can't say. What I can say is that I was only able to finish wave 6 once last time in P2. This time, I knocked all 3 combat missions out and only lost toons on one mission.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Keep in mind, though, that every wave you can get through counts even if you can't do all 6. For example, I only have 3 7* Rogue 1 characters and they aren't well geared, so I couldn't do much in the Rogue 1 mission, but I was able to get through a wave, and that's worth 152,000 points, so it's not nothing.
  • Options
    Looking ahead to the next phase, the Bottom Territory has a Battle that requires Captain Han Solo to enter it and the reward is shards for Rebel Officer Leia Organa.

But we haven't had a chance to earn Cap Han shards yet this Territory Battle so unless we managed to get enough last time, we can't do this Battle this time. And looking ahead at all the other phases, there's no way to earn shards for Cap Han anywhere at all this Territory Battle. So if the NEXT one also has Cap Han as a requirement, that means unless you got him the first time around then you miss out on two Territory Battle's worth of Rebel Officer Leia Organa shards.

Now given the recent statement of "cannot change Hoth", just quite how much is unchangeable?
    You must be able to change the Battles that give shard rewards, surely? If so, wouldn't it make more sense to give everyone a chance to earn some of both Cap Han and RO Leia every TB instead of what you are doing atm?
  • Options
    I think your are getting Capt Han Solo confused with Commander Luke Skywalker. You can farm Capt. HS from Cantina 7D, and yes, you do need him at 5* to get ROLO shards.
  • Options
    Captain Han Solo shards are now available on Cantina Battles (Battle 7-D)

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/129162/version-update-9-8-28-2017#latest

you dont get free Captain Han Solo shards from TB at all, farm him
  • Options
    tabberkev wrote: »
    I think your are getting Capt Han Solo confused with Commander Luke Skywalker. You can farm Capt. HS from Cantina 7D, and yes, you do need him at 5* to get ROLO shards.

Oh I missed them putting him in 7D. Fair enough.

But still, getting him to 5* this quick is a bit tricky.