Gear DB for planning.

Dark
199 posts Member
Is there a Gear Database where I can see which mats a hero needs?
I want to know what and how many mats I need to max a hero's gear.
This will be really useful, because GW opponents are calculated taking character's power level, so if I get this information I don't have to actually gear a hero until I get all mats ... then GW becomes easier.
Ally Code: 859-197-534

Replies

• Dark
    199 posts Member
    Options
    Anyone??
    I wonder why people give more importance to threads about whining, nerfs and rants, over game mechanics, planning and gameplay.
  • Options
    Patience, your thread is only 1 hour old...

I assume you mean gear. Mats are the ability thingys. There isn't a gear database. And I don't see how this will benefit you in gw. So you can save 2 gear levels ahead?
    You can see all the gear needed for the next level in the character screen. And when you upgrade a level, you can see the next requirements.
  • Options
    The biggest issue with gear in the game is the apparent abundance of some things and the extreme rarity of others - even at the same gear levels.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Dark
    199 posts Member
    Options
    GW opponents are calculated based on total power level and highest arena ranking, if I don't gear my heroes before they get max stars and max level, GW becomes easier.
  • Dark
    199 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    The biggest issue with gear in the game is the apparent abundance of some things and the extreme rarity of others - even at the same gear levels.

Agree, I think this needs a rework.
    off topic:
    I can't sell useless gear now, what to do with hundreds of MKI gear? every game allows you to sell things you don't need for gold or another currency.
  • Options
    Dark wrote: »

off topic:
    I can't sell useless gear now, what to do with hundreds of MKI gear? every game allows you to sell things you don't need for gold or another currency.
    Agreed again. A "Gear Shop" where you can trade gear (even at ludicrous rates like the shard shop) would be a welcome change for the better.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Dark
    199 posts Member
    Options
    I just think there will be useful info if you know the total MKIV purple laptops needed to gear Dooku or Luminara to IX for example.
  • Options
    GW opponents are calculated based on total power level and highest arena ranking, if I don't gear my heroes before they get max stars and max level, GW becomes easier.

I don't think that's worth it, you'll lose arena rank. And by not gearing your heroes you make them less powerfull so it will even itself out vs the lower power opponents.
    And how did you imagine that to work? Get your heroes to 7* level 70 with gear 4 and then level up to gear 7? Just curious
  • Dark
    199 posts Member
    Options

I don't think that's worth it, you'll lose arena rank. And by not gearing your heroes you make them less powerfull so it will even itself out vs the lower power opponents.
    And how did you imagine that to work? Get your heroes to 7* level 70 with gear 4 and then level up to gear 7? Just curious

I already have a 7* max geared squad for arena, so losing ranks is not a problem, same with GW I can complete it every day. The problem is when players get to level 40 and unlock GW, they are matched against lvl 60+ 7* full geared oponents because of their total roster power, so if you make this value not too high by not gearing heroes you are not using for GW and Arena .. things becomes easier.
  • Options
    I haven't checked fully, but maybe one place to look would be www.swgohcantina.com? (again, I didn't check if this has anything that covers what you are requesting).

I could help providing info on some of the toons I already have, if you want to ask about specific ones.
    548-145-651 | Playing since Dec 28th (:
  • Options
    Anyone??
    I wonder why people give more importance to threads about whining, nerfs and rants, over game mechanics, planning and gameplay.

Settle down....I just woke up. Let me get a some caffeine lol
  • Options

I already have a 7* max geared squad for arena, so losing ranks is not a problem, same with GW I can complete it every day. The problem is when players get to level 40 and unlock GW, they are matched against lvl 60+ 7* full geared oponents because of their total roster power, so if you make this value not too high by not gearing heroes you are not using for GW and Arena .. things becomes easier.

https://reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/432ybr/dont_reset_gw_at_rank1/czgkyc5
    It's determined by the total power of your top 5 heroes. So gearing the rest up wont make any difference.
  • Dark
    199 posts Member
    Options

https://reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/432ybr/dont_reset_gw_at_rank1/czgkyc5
    It's determined by the total power of your top 5 heroes. So gearing the rest up wont make any difference.

Sad ...
    Anyway I think that info will be useful, like when you level proffesions in WOW, you know how many materials is needed for leveling.
    Thanks for the link.
  • Dark
    199 posts Member
    Options
    Anyone??

Settle down....I just woke up. Let me get a some caffeine lol

It was 10 am in my region .. lol
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options

off topic:
    Agreed again. A "Gear Shop" where you can trade gear (even at ludicrous rates like the shard shop) would be a welcome change for the better.

Or a workshop that you can use to craft better gear. Basically similar idea but I don't like idea of buying gear as I have 100s of useless junk
  • Dark
    199 posts Member
    Options
    OmarFPG wrote: »
    I haven't checked fully, but maybe one place to look would be www.swgohcantina.com? (again, I didn't check if this has anything that covers what you are requesting).

I could help providing info on some of the toons I already have, if you want to ask about specific ones.

Great site, is not there yet but I think they will add gear info soon.
  • Dark
    199 posts Member
    Options
    J7000 wrote: »

off topic:

Or a workshop that you can use to craft better gear. Basically similar idea but I don't like idea of buying gear as I have 100s of useless junk

I hope devs are working on this to release in a new update.
  • Options
    I still wish they would revamp it for a simple point system or something similar. They improvements helped but it's still a clutter of messes lol. One toon needs 5 of these here or 5 of these two but he also need 5 of them here. Plus two others need those same sets of 5's. Even low gear that's like 20 refills lol. Gear boosts stats basically, it would be much easier to assign points to do the same or offer gear currency from grinding and have a gear shop. They could even charge crystals for random higher end gear.
  • Dark
    199 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

Sad ...
    Anyway I think that info will be useful, like when you level proffesions in WOW, you know how many materials is needed for leveling.
    Thanks for the link.

New info:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/469vj1/sad_post_i_was_wrong_about_galactic_war_using/

This will help with gear planning.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/469g1q/gear_farming_tool_40_spoiler_jawas_want_the_most/
  • Options
    I read this whole thread and still have no idea what you are asking. Just keep farming... Farm farm farm til you drop. Focus on one need and go get it. I that's how I plan and it's been great so far
  • Dark
    199 posts Member
    Options
    Kind of messy .. yes.
    Anyway the farming tool in reddit is what I need.