What Was Your Guild's GP to Star Ratio [2nd TB]

Prev1
J7Luke
484 posts Member
edited September 2017
This thread is the second iteration of an idea that @Baldusi came up with last TB. We will collect data on each guild's GP to Star ratio and publish the results in an online data sheet (along with useful features like sorted data, linear regression, a scatter plot, etc.).

Previous Results:
Baldusi wrote: »
Ours is a 50+M GP guild and if we correct for learning mistakes, we should be doing 23/24 stars. I'm wondering if that's below, par or above expectations for such a power. Ideally, I would love to have a GP to stars curve (pretty trivial statistics).
I'm not asking guild's names or anything, just data points. If you see that you forgot to deploy, or most people followed the tutorial and deployed before combat or such, and you think you should be doing one or two stars above, tell me what you honestly think you should be doing.

KEEP THE DATA POINTS COMING!

For now I'm getting a base of 5 stars plus roughly GP/3.
Actual data is Slope 0.34722 and Intercept 5.12069. At over 180 samples, this is becoming a very robust result. And this is the current graph of the data:

v9DJkcZ.png

As you can see, it looks like straight line up to 40 stars or so. 40/41 seems a ceiling. But may be next run with the lessons learned and more discipline we could see even higher numbers! If we followed the linear prediction, 45 stars would require 115M GP. But I didn't run the numbers. It might require a bit more.
Also, if you are to the LEFT of the line, you are punching above your weight. If you are to the RIGHT, you could probably do a bit better. This is a very crude statistic approach. A more detailed analysis would probably explain a lot more. But things like Dark Side GP, Fleet strengh, player participation and even rare toons high starring for the Phase 5 and 6 platoons play a huge role that such a besic approach can not discern.

Thanks to @J7Luke for his spreadsheet (I did mine and got same results!!).
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1L6HOk5N6RfK8RMwhe9T_QtwmZH7SFPjiZatSGpQg_rw/edit#gid=0
This will provide an interesting comparison so we can see how we as a player base improved since our last attempt at TB.

Instructions:
To add your data to the data set, simply post your guild's GP (just one number, not a range) and your final Star count (only post once you are sure it is your final count - don't make predictions). If someone in your guild has already posted this information, please do not post it again.

I will update the spreadsheet once or twice a day over the next week or so. Please follow the instructions so that our data can be as accurate as possible. Thanks! :)

ACTUAL DATA and LINK TO SPREADSHEET:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10xW1uzlN5-flw8DpLCm6mYn_M4CVfeP_fy9sXgPa9So/edit?usp=sharing

Scatter Plot (9/18/17 21:15 EST):
lRVJw3M.png
y=0.338x+5.63
r²=0.964

Scatter Plot [with high GP guilds excluded] (9/18/17 21:15 EST):
NcsqNWG.png
y=0.362x+4.349
r²=0.976
Post edited by J7Luke on

Replies