CLS and Han are cool, but dial them back...

Prev1
Shapelesscrabb
159 posts Member
edited September 2017
I think think the devs mostly did a great job with the new hope events and reworks. But I think they overstepped on the strength on these two characters in particular. This isn't a complaint thread, just hear me out. @CG_Kozispoon

I like to see a balanced game. One that rewards the player for finding their own way, playing their favorited team, and striving to be smart about how to upgrade and use them. This should offer some level of success. For example, in July I saw the following team leaders at rank 1 in my fairly old arena shard (Feb 2016): Rex, Kenobi, Zaul, Phasma, Finn, Thrawn, Tarkin, Zader. I might be missing a couple but there are 8 or so viable teams that you could focus on and mod well to succeed. Nowadays, it's all CLS, with one Rex and one Kenobi still hanging on. The balance that they almost achieved was ruined! What about the people that bought into the new ewok reworks that were said to be "arena viable" by the devs? Do you think wickets little aoe is gonna help against a Luke lead?

I recommend a slight nerf to the new Rebels. I still want to see them at rank 1, but I want to see everything else there too. I feel like anyone who gives two sheets about the fun in this game probably agrees.

My ideas: Luke should either not stun on basic, or not inflict tenacity down and remove TM. Pick if he is a raid or an arena character. Also dial his damage to about 2/3 what it is, and remove/lower the self-heal. Han Solo's basic should be avoidable. Maybe it should not remove TM. The shoot first needs to ignore taunts (great job fixing this!) but that stun should have to go through a potency/tenacity check like every other stun in the game.

Replies

• Options
    Dumb.
  • Options
    I agree, CLS is way OP. But I'm hard pressed to complain because he upped my average arena rank by 100 spots and thanks to him I can beat teams in GW I had no chance of beating before. Like Baze/Cheruit teams.
  • Options
    So what do you suggest? Nerf CLS so he can't compete in arena any more? **** here bro. We shed blood to get him...

Han Solo is simply perfect now. He is strong but not too strong. He does what he has to do. He is a squishy character that you can one shot with a wiggs combo, that's very balanced. I'm happier than ever to see him used in raids and arena.

Both are fine as they are!
  • Odyseass7
    169 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Rancor raid is kitten, don't complain about the characters, complain about the raid...
    Post edited by Sunnie1978 on
  • Options
    I agree about raid han, CLS not as much, he is ok as is.
  • Options
    Everybody complained about Chaze. Now there's a way to beat Chaze, and people are still complaining.
  • Options
    All cls all the time makes for a dull arena. Other factions need some love to be sure.
  • Options
    Commander Luke and Gear 12 have completely broken the game in almost every aspect of it. And OBVIOUSLY people complain when "there is a way to beat Chaze" is simply something even more absurdly overpowered that just replaces it.

Game is utterly broken, and it needs to be fixed, but we hear nothing. It's as if the devs simply don't understand there is a problem.
  • Options
    Indeed it is such a boring chore to fight the 5 daily arena battles, in the top 20 you can only pick CLS lead to play against. Takes away the fun. When i see a GK lead im happy, just to break the monotony of the CLS fighting.
  • Options
    No toon has broken the game, but DN's annihilate is the closest. CLS is powerful but can easily be dealt with just like any other character.
  • Options
    Luke is actually kinda squishy, he can be easily overwhelmed. Great character but not the absolute be all end all.
  • Options
    The biggest mistake, I think, is that the devs had him give retribution to the rebels. Many great DS characters have AOE attacks the AI keeps using most of the times, now with catastrophic results. DS users are left with few good options if they don't want to slip too much on defense, that means no Kylo, no Vader, no Palpatine, no TFP, etc. Some will probably say that those are not meta anymore but that's a part of the problem as it reduces even more the pool of relevant toons.

Overall the character is just too good. There is nothing to counterbalance the great aspects of it. Vador has some great capabilities but they are counterbalanced by his less than stellar damage output when he is not using culling blade. Same with Palpatine, his powers are counterbalanced by his weak health pool, etc. Luke is great everywhere, he has no weakness. The devs just failed at basic game design with this character and now it's too late, the cat is out of the bag.
  • Options
    cuyler41 wrote: »
    All cls all the time makes for a dull arena. Other factions need some love to be sure.

Totally agree, raid Han is squishy so he's fine but cls is way too strong. Characters that are great in the movie (Grievous, JKA, Yoda, even emperor definitely need to be a (little) better.
  • Options
    Vohbo wrote: »
    Commander Luke and Gear 12 have completely broken the game in almost every aspect of it. And OBVIOUSLY people complain when "there is a way to beat Chaze" is simply something even more absurdly overpowered that just replaces it.

Game is utterly broken, and it needs to be fixed, but we hear nothing. It's as if the devs simply don't understand there is a problem.

People claim this with EVERY meta team. They said it with Rey, they said it with Wedge 7 Biggs, and they said it with Baze/Chirut. For being completely broken, the game has moved on quite well.

do-not-think-it-means1.jpeg?w=750
  • Options
    Varlie wrote: »

People claim this with EVERY meta team. They said it with Rey, they said it with Wedge 7 Biggs, and they said it with Baze/Chirut. For being completely broken, the game has moved on quite well.

do-not-think-it-means1.jpeg?w=750

It's a bit different though.
    Every meta had its counters. Palatine/Vader were more countered by zMaul, which in turn could be effectively fought by triple cleanse.

Triple cleanse were quite good defensively, but could be overwhelmed in offense by a variety of teams, hence the arena diversity just before CLS. I don't know if the devs devised a way to counter CLS, but clearly the players haven't found it yet.
  • Options
    Luke is actually kinda squishy, he can be easily overwhelmed. Great character but not the absolute be all end all.

Squishy? Which Luke's are you going against lol. Mine has 65K protection + health (more than some tanks in this game)
  • Options
    Hybridplug wrote: »
    No toon has broken the game, but DN's annihilate is the closest. CLS is powerful but can easily be dealt with just like any other character.

I mean, he can easily be dealt with by other CLS teams hahahahaah. Any other team can't hold against a proper CLS team. CLS is the best character in the game and understandably so. I like it.
  • Options
    I think many people misunderstand the point of the original post. His problem is not that CLS is strong, his problem is that he is too strong. The Devs have not ever balanced the game, their solution to "balance" overpowered characters is to introduce an even stronger character. They haven't nerfed a single character, Rey is not worse than she used to be, other toons are just that much better. Rey used to be meta but now you can't find her in a single top 100 team because CLS is too good. Balance the game, don't break the game
  • Options
    Varlie wrote: »

Yeah not really the same at all. Wiggs and Chaze made it to maybe 75% of top arena teams at the absolute most. Check out CLS. He is on 49/50 teams in my top arena. Basically the only people not using him are the people who don't have him yet; he's that OP. It's very close to game breaking for people who don't have him but of course that doesn't mean the actual game is suffering as a whole. Tons of people spent money to get him and that's what keeps the game going.
  • Options
    I say nerf mob enforcer and CUP. Way too Op! So strong people are scared to use them in arena. They will literally break the game.
  • Options
    Hybridplug wrote: »

I mean, he can easily be dealt with by other CLS teams hahahahaah. Any other team can't hold against a proper CLS team. CLS is the best character in the game and understandably so. I like it.

CLS understandably the best? This is crybaby Luke who lost a hand to Darth Vader... If it was RoTJ Luke I would agree with you.
  • Options
    How did G12 break the game? I see plenty of people on my shard running G12 and they are still getting beaten by some pure G11 teams.

Also, I don't think nerfing CLS is a wise decision
  • Options
    How did G12 break the game? I see plenty of people on my shard running G12 and they are still getting beaten by some pure G11 teams.

Nerfing CLS would be good in order to get more diversity in the different comps you meet. I guess even the CLS lead teams will soon be bored to fight the same CLS lead teams over and over. Soon the only differentiator will be the mods, and that will suck.
  • Options
    Heywood wrote: »
    Yeah not really the same at all. Wiggs and Chaze made it to maybe 75% of top arena teams at the absolute most. Check out CLS. He is on 49/50 teams in my top arena. Basically the only people not using him are the people who don't have him yet

This exactly. CLS is, literally, everywhere.
  • Options
    Globuhl wrote: »

Nerfing CLS would be good in order to get more diversity in the different comps you meet. I guess even the CLS lead teams will soon be bored to fight the same CLS lead teams over and over. Soon the only differentiator will be the mods, and that will suck.

I've lived through how many phases when it was literally all rex, zaul, chaze, wiggs, etc spamming the meta that CLS doesn't really feel that different. I like CLS more in that it opens up the game for many different combos like people running interesting Ackbar leads, or mixing up some GK teams etc. Problem I had with the other meta squads was how literally exact the comps were, whereas now it's CLS in various incarnations .. but unfortunately using him as a lead is a bit of an easy button ..
  • Options
    The problem is, the people that cant get him or didnt get him yet cant do anything. All the chars i farmed till now are useless against him, got a cls team in gw and couldn't beat hin with zader, wiggs, rey.... nothing works against him except an ither cls team
  • Options
    If everyone could get him, then it wouldnt be as bad. But i doubt the event will return before 2056, and i doubt that i will have r2d2 till then as that event wont be returning untill 2067 too
  • Options
    And as soon as players that dont havr him yet will get him, an even more op char is released to "balance" the game
  • Options
    Th3Ch40t1C wrote: »
    The problem is, the people that cant get him or didnt get him yet cant do anything. All the chars i farmed till now are useless against him, got a cls team in gw and couldn't beat hin with zader, wiggs, rey.... nothing works against him except an ither cls team

You need Raid Han - one stun and he is out of the game - I find CLS teams tough but Raid Han is a gamechanger
  • Ig88isboss
    1752 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Both completely overpowered. Cls design is embarrassing. The sheep on this forums will tell you otherwise tho.