CLS and Han are cool, but dial them back...

2Next

Replies

• Options
    The most offensive for DS users with CLS is that he gives retribution to characters that already do huge amount of damage with their basic. As the damages stack, it's an immediate death sentence for the toon that triggered an AOE attack. And many popular DS toons use AOE attacks the AI still prioritizes (Vader, Kylo, Palpatine...) with devastating results for those who invested time and money on the DS side. How come the devs missed that and the consequences on a huge portion of the characters available is beyond my comprehension. CLS has always felt like a rush job to me and we have to do with the consequences.
  • Options
    Ig88isboss wrote: »
    Both completely overpowered. Cls design is embarrassing. The sheep on this forums will tell you otherwise tho.

I don't even have him but he's not the be all end all. I see you class anybody who doesn't subscribe to your "errr he's so overpowered!" Crap is classed as a sheep in your eyes. Jeez man you really are a progressive champion, glad your eyes are open.
  • Th3Ch40t1C
    147 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Massov wrote: »
    Th3Ch40t1C wrote: »
    The problem is, the people that cant get him or didnt get him yet cant do anything. All the chars i farmed till now are useless against him, got a cls team in gw and couldn't beat hin with zader, wiggs, rey.... nothing works against him except an other cls team

You need Raid Han - one stun and he is out of the game - I find CLS teams tough but Raid Han is a gamechanger

I dont have raid han, and it's almost impossible to get him now with all those cls solos and people that kick you out if you dont have him...
  • Options
    Ig88isboss wrote: »
    Both completely overpowered. Cls design is embarrassing. The sheep on this forums will tell you otherwise tho.

I don't even have him but he's not the be all end all. I see you class anybody who doesn't subscribe to your "errr he's so overpowered!" **** is classed as a sheep in your eyes. Jeez man you really are a progressive champion, glad your eyes are open.
    If you say people that say that Cls is op are wrong, then PROVE that he is NOT op - untill then, you are the sheep here.
  • Options
    stop asking for nerf it pointlesss. Either join them or run whoever you like.
  • Options
    Luke from this time period should not be this powerful. In this time in his life he was still weak and learning. He should not be more powerful than jka, grandmaster Yoda, vader, palp, han, etc, etc etc, etc. He wasn't anything special yet in the scheme of things.

The game is starting to not make sense.
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I like to see a balanced game. One that rewards the player for finding their own way, playing their favorited team, and striving to be smart about how to upgrade and use them.

Unfortunately, that is not the case with this game. Quite far from it. There is always going to be a shifting meta because if there wasn't then players wouldn't rush to spend to get the new best thing every time a new character is released. This is the purpose of faction passes.

Unfortunately, since I began playing a year ago this game has been all about the light-side, and mostly rebels for every aspect of the game. Maul had a run, but it didn't take long for Rex, and Chaze to begin showing up, and then r2 came out, and they had a good long, and dominant run, but now with Commander Luke it has been a very easy transition for light side users as they can just mostly keep the same team. Dark side users like me have to start from scratch, and it's rough.
  • Cyberghost113
    10 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Mzee wrote: »
    I like to see a balanced game. One that rewards the player for finding their own way, playing their favorited team, and striving to be smart about how to upgrade and use them.

Unfortunately, that is not the case with this game. Quite far from it. There is always going to be a shifting meta because if there wasn't then players wouldn't rush to spend to get the new best thing every time a new character is released. This is the purpose of faction passes.

Unfortunately, since I began playing a year ago this game has been all about the light-side, and mostly rebels for every aspect of the game. Maul had a run, but it didn't take long for Rex, and Chaze to begin showing up, and then r2 came out, and they had a good long, and dominant run, but now with Commander Luke it has been a very easy transition for light side users as they can just mostly keep the same team. Dark side users like me have to start from scratch, and it's rough.

This is my biggest problem, I have no intention of playing Mod vs Mod in arena. I want some diversity back, I have spent most of my time and resources on Darkside characters, and I love them, but every time the "rebel meta" shifts, I find myself having to mod or gear new darkside toons to MAYBE stay topp 50-100, my top 50 is 90% CLS lead, 5% GK lead, and a sprinkle of Rex / Thrawn (all with the same teammates as the former). LS fanboys have it pretty easy IMO. "Oh a new crazy toon, let me just plop them into my already crazy rebel team and BOOM they completely destroy everything now..even more".

Also, the fact that there is like...1/3 less Darkside characters..wtk? Wheres the rest of the bounty hunters, destroyer droid (tank?), grievous rework, separatist synergy (doesn't exist..at all), or make mods other than speed viable...like i dunno..defense, or tenacity...

I love the game, and I get the rebel hype, but for a majority of the nearly 2 years playing...dark side fans rarely get any love :(
  • Options
    I think think the devs mostly did a great job with the new hope events and reworks. But I think they overstepped on the strength on these two characters in particular. This isn't a complaint thread, just hear me out. @CG_Kozispoon

I like to see a balanced game. One that rewards the player for finding their own way, playing their favorited team, and striving to be smart about how to upgrade and use them. This should offer some level of success. For example, in July I saw the following team leaders at rank 1 in my fairly old arena shard (Feb 2016): Rex, Kenobi, Zaul, Phasma, Finn, Thrawn, Tarkin, Zader. I might be missing a couple but there are 8 or so viable teams that you could focus on and mod well to succeed. Nowadays, it's all CLS, with one Rex and one Kenobi still hanging on. The balance that they almost achieved was ruined! What about the people that bought into the new ewok reworks that were said to be "arena viable" by the devs? Do you think wickets little aoe is gonna help against a Luke lead?

I recommend a slight nerf to the new Rebels. I still want to see them at rank 1, but I want to see everything else there too. I feel like anyone who gives two sheets about the fun in this game probably agrees.

My ideas: Luke should either not stun on basic, or not inflict tenacity down and remove TM. Pick if he is a raid or an arena character. Also dial his damage to about 2/3 what it is, and remove/lower the self-heal. Han Solo's basic should be avoidable. Maybe it should not remove TM. The shoot first needs to ignore taunts (great job fixing this!) but that stun should have to go through a potency/tenacity check like every other stun in the game.

If you stopped having every character nerfed, they wouldn't have to redo the characters later and turn the power up.
  • Options
    I think think the devs mostly did a great job with the new hope events and reworks. But I think they overstepped on the strength on these two characters in particular. This isn't a complaint thread, just hear me out. @CG_Kozispoon

I like to see a balanced game. One that rewards the player for finding their own way, playing their favorited team, and striving to be smart about how to upgrade and use them. This should offer some level of success. For example, in July I saw the following team leaders at rank 1 in my fairly old arena shard (Feb 2016): Rex, Kenobi, Zaul, Phasma, Finn, Thrawn, Tarkin, Zader. I might be missing a couple but there are 8 or so viable teams that you could focus on and mod well to succeed. Nowadays, it's all CLS, with one Rex and one Kenobi still hanging on. The balance that they almost achieved was ruined! What about the people that bought into the new ewok reworks that were said to be "arena viable" by the devs? Do you think wickets little aoe is gonna help against a Luke lead?

I recommend a slight nerf to the new Rebels. I still want to see them at rank 1, but I want to see everything else there too. I feel like anyone who gives two sheets about the fun in this game probably agrees.

My ideas: Luke should either not stun on basic, or not inflict tenacity down and remove TM. Pick if he is a raid or an arena character. Also dial his damage to about 2/3 what it is, and remove/lower the self-heal. Han Solo's basic should be avoidable. Maybe it should not remove TM. The shoot first needs to ignore taunts (great job fixing this!) but that stun should have to go through a potency/tenacity check like every other stun in the game.

I agree, CLS ruined the game
  • Options
    Luke is actually kinda squishy, he can be easily overwhelmed. Great character but not the absolute be all end all.

Squishy? Which Luke's are you going against lol. Mine has 65K protection + health (more than some tanks in this game)

Plus the INSANE counter damage+ Stun, Def Down, Speed Down+TM Removal+ 80% Regeneration (40 health+40 protection) this guys is super broken