Character Shard drop rates down?

2Next

Replies

• reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    i refilled cantina earlier today and out of 16 runs, got 2 shards.
    mighty chlorians
  • Options
    Definitely down for Hard encounters. Last four days out of 24 tries I have received 2 character shards. The rate was much higher before -- I didn't keep track, but it seemed like I received a share about a third of the time before the patch.
  • Options
    My Luke, and lumi shards are still coming in as normal. Better luck tomorrow
    467-325-146
    Pretty good collection of characters so far and GROWING
  • billbob19
    71 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    There are always exceptions to the rule, and maybe you're it. I haven't gotten a Lumi shard in two days. I use to get two or three dooku shards a day, now I get 1 or 0. Consular use to drop about 50% of the time, now I get shards roughly 20% of time (for Consular) over a span of 4 days, everything staying consistent, I'm fairly certain the drops were decreased.
  • Options
    It wouldn't surprise me...it will edge more players over into paying for shards. This game is decently generous with gems, more so than most mobile games, butbi suspect we will be seeing a decrease there as time goes along as well.
  • Options
    Shards are rare, and crystals very rare. Even spending money on this slightly increases find rate. This game = massive cash cow.
  • Options
    Ioniancat, if you go to the AppStore, look at Top Charts, and go to Top Grossing, there are only 26 other ganes that maje their creators less miney than this game. Oit of the more than 230,000 games in the app store, this was Top 27 and climbing. Don't worry, buy EA stock and you'll get any Crystals you buy back quickly.
  • Options
    A note on refreshing Cantina vs Buy Shards. If you refil at 100 cost, you get 1.5 shards from shipments. Not much, but those are also guaranteed drops. The drop rate has been lowered I rhink, and 20% seems a good estimate. So 120 energy gets you 15 runs or 3 shards. I have pulled 5 some times, and 2 at worst case (it sucks when it happens). But average of 3 is normal. So for a 100 crystal refresh you get 3 of your choice rewards, plus 1.5 in shipments, total 4.5 for 100 crystals. If you buy the shards, it's 225 crystals. If you refresh Cantina at 200 crystals, you are almost equal. Cantina gets tou Bronzium, upgrades your Level, and drop much needed mats. At 400 crystals, you are better of buying 8 yards from shipments, unless your focus is Mats and leveling. 400 only makes sense if you are in a postiin that you chise your Car and Holidays without even once looking at the price they may cost.

If you have ever used a supermarket coupon, or ever visited Slick deals, or check the milk prices of different brands, don't refresh Cantina. Only refresh the two 50 Chrystal refills on regular missions, and make sure to level only 5-7 chars you will use in arena and GW, and always, everytime, complete the daily tanks
  • Options
    Just came on here as I was thinking the drop rate had gone from about 30% to about 20% and that I should only concentrate on my mostly used characters from now on. I wanted to see if others had a similar experience.
  • Options
    I'm At 90/100 shards from a 7* Kylo. I refill energy and farm away. Energy is gone, now I'm 9 shards away. Oh FK it I have plenty of crystals, refill again, farm away. 300 crystals, 24 attempts I am the proud owner of............92/100 Kylo shards. 300 crystals for 2 shards. Not even the shards in the shipment screen are that pricey at least they're guaranteed. They MUST change the percentage of chance depending on how close you are to completion which is bull ****
  • Options
    NachoFoot wrote: »
    I really think there's some sort of diminishing returns. When you get so many shards, the next shard is harder to get.

I've noticed this pattern on both hard battles and cantina.

You're correct, i believe the programming system was built that way
  • Options
    I have found the character shard drops in the Cantina to be pretty low since the update. I have been farming to get Plo Koon and out of 24 attempts I got 2 shards, that was 12 attempts and then a refill. I have given up today, hopefully tomorrow will be more generous.
  • Options
    Same with gear !
  • Options
    Lots of speculation regarding lower drop rates since the patch. It might all be hogwash, but EA should still address it. Make it so you can do Hard Nodes until you get 3 drops, or implement a "pity" system where you cannot go more than a certain # of rolls without getting something.
  • Options
    I got 12 GS shards out of my daily energy and one refill yesterday. It's just luck.
  • Options
    Gurley30 wrote: »
    Lots of speculation regarding lower drop rates since the patch. It might all be hogwash, but EA should still address it. Make it so you can do Hard Nodes until you get 3 drops, or implement a "pity" system where you cannot go more than a certain # of rolls without getting something.

They won't do that. It would do nothing for their bottom line and it would be something the players want. Remember who we're talking about here
  • Options
    SmallLimes wrote: »
    I have found the character shard drops in the Cantina to be pretty low since the update. I have been farming to get Plo Koon and out of 24 attempts I got 2 shards, that was 12 attempts and then a refill. I have given up today, hopefully tomorrow will be more generous.

Same here. Farming Barris in cantina and very very low drop rates last few days.
  • Options
    Today i got only 3 Dooku shard for 624 energy spent :( After update the drop rate of shards (not only Dooku, got 0 Ima and 0 Poggle for example on last few days) for me goes around 5-10%. I dont think thats normal, pls fix the drop rate of shards.
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Today i got 1 dooku shard after use around 150 cantina energy. Little odd.
  • Options
    USArmyAV wrote: »
    I'm At 90/100 shards from a 7* Kylo. I refill energy and farm away. Energy is gone, now I'm 9 shards away. Oh FK it I have plenty of crystals, refill again, farm away. 300 crystals, 24 attempts I am the proud owner of............92/100 Kylo shards. 300 crystals for 2 shards. Not even the shards in the shipment screen are that pricey at least they're guaranteed. They MUST change the percentage of chance depending on how close you are to completion which is bull ****

Necro
    Roger roger