Droids Strike Back

STRIKEBOMB
1232 posts Member
edited September 2017
https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/133235/character-strategy-bb-8#latest

With BB-8 having insanely good synergy with droids, he will easily bring droids back to the meta (maybe not the best, but still top 5 teams to use). As someone who's used droids the entire time I've played this game (having never changed to anything else), I'll explain why I think this.

His basic attack can inflict daze if it hits an enemy twice, and with HK lead and 80% counter chance this will be very easy to achieve.

Covert Data Transfer gives BB-8 8% turn meter for each ally with Secret Intel and gains taunt for 1 turn if he's on a droid team.

Illuminated Destiny, although a 70 turn cooldown and starts on cooldown it can be reduced by 5 whenever a droid ally uses an AOE (assuming all 5 attacks crit) and reduced by 1 for each ally with Secret Intel (I assume this effect happens whenever a turn ends for someone who has Secret Intel). The ability itself practically secures the win for you once you get to use it due to all the healing, turn meter gain, and buffs it gives.

Then his unique ability gives him 80% counter chance and calls R2 to assist whenever BB-8 counter attacks. So instead of having 1 droid that can stun on a basic attack you pretty much have 2 droids that can now stun (due to his counter chance and taunt).

Now for the best part...SAY GOODBYE TO JAWA ENGINEER. For so long Jawa Engineer (aka JE) is what enabled droids to stay meta, without him they would be slow to start, low health/protection, but hard hitters. He allowed them to get a jump start at the beginning and then keep that lead with HK's leader ability. But that jump start came with a huge crutch. JE had no way to reliably do any kind of damage. After turn 1, you didn't care what happened to JE whatsoever. If Nihilus annihilated him you would be happy a useless character got killed by their team's guaranteed kill ability. But now, BB-8 will replace JE for giving droids that boost at the start. BB-8 will give 40% turn meter (compared to JE's 45%) to all droid allies at the start of the battle.

In addition to this, whenever BB-8 takes damage he has a 50% chance to gain Foresight, and then when he evades an attack droid allies recover 8% health AND protection. This last part also gets rid of JE's pathetic healing ability as well, so even more reason to get rid of him. So all in all, in my opinion BB-8 will easily ensure that droids will become meta once again.
Post edited by STRIKEBOMB on

Replies

• Options
    We'll see. I agree it's a step in the direction that might allow it. However droids are still pretty squishy so even if they go first there are still a lot of teams (anything with gk zariss comes to mind) that can soak up all that initial damage and then knock off the glass cannons one shot at a time.

Also think of zolo taking out iG-88 first.

• Options
    Holy no paragraph intentions Batman.
    SHATTERPOINT - One of the world's strongest guilds
    Recruiting solid 3mil+ GP players, pm for info
  • Options
    Too squishy. They need a new leader entirely or significant defence, health and protection buffs along with zetas but it's a great start. They'll Do a lot of damage in raids now!
  • Options
    SharkMilkk wrote: »
    Too squishy.

I still get top 50 with my droids. They're not too squishy anymore with R2 on the team
  • Options
    Droid synergy??? How about Resistance. The best offensive team in the game just got way better.
  • Options
    Silky wrote: »
    Holy no paragraph intentions Batman.

fixed :)
  • Options
    So now droids will be even better than they were when they got BB-8 thanks to IPD (Imperial Probe Droid). Now droids have a nihilus of their own :) IMO he'll easily replace B2, making the new team HK, R2, 88, BB-8 and IPD
  • Options
    Chopper is really good along with r2.