Character Strategy BB-8

Prev1345
Kozispoon
3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
edited September 2017
BB-8
Persistent Resistance Droid who empowers allies by circulating Secret Intel.
5vo21tqhk04q.gif
Unlocks at: ??*
Available from: ??????
Abilities
Basic Attack – Arc Welder:
1zaqyrxssdkj.gif
  • Deal Physical damage to target enemy and inflict Tenacity Down for 2 turns. If the target already had Tenacity Down, inflict Daze for 2 turns.
Special Attack – Covert Data Transfer:
ly6pci0qejbc.gif
  • BB-8 and a random ally who doesn’t have it gain the Secret Intel unique buff for 3 turns. Then, BB-8 gains 8% Turn Meter for each ally with Secret Intel. If all active allies are Droids, BB-8 gains Taunt for 1 turn.
  • Secret Intel: +25% Potency and when another ally uses a Special ability, they gain Secret Intel for 3 turns, then the cooldown of Illuminated Destiny is reduced by 1 for each ally with Secret Intel.
Special Ability – Illuminated Destiny:
hdsezn1x4ak6.gif

• Dispel all debuffs on all allies and Expose all enemies for 2 turns. All allies gain 80% Turn Meter and gain Advantage, Critical Chance Up, Critical Damage Up, Speed Up, and Offense Up for 4 turns. Droid and Resistance allies recover 20% Protection. This ability starts on cooldown and can’t be Evaded. Whenever a Droid ally scores a Critical Hit, reduce the cooldown of this ability by 1. (Cooldown 70)
Unique – Roll with the Punches:
  • BB-8 has 80% Counter Chance. When BB-8 attacks out of turn, he calls a random Resistance ally to Assist.
Unique Ability – Self-Preservation Protocol:
  • When BB-8 takes damage, he has a 50% chance to gain Foresight for 2 turns. At the start of each encounter, if BB-8 is active, Droid allies gain 8% Turn Meter for each active Droid ally. When BB-8 Evades, Droid allies recover 8% Health and 8% Protection.
General Strategy
  • Use “Covert Data Transfer” whenever available in order to maintain Secret Intel on as many allies as possible, as it is key in ensuring use of “Illuminated Destiny” early and often.
  • Stacking Critical Chance percentage through BB-8’s mods will also help to reduce the cooldown on “Illuminated Destiny,” especially against teams which are forced to attack him or have a lot of AoE attacks.
Hero Synergies
  • If BB-8 is in an all-Droid team with R2D2, BB-8 will always call R2 to assist when he attacks out of turn, as R2 is the only other Resistance member in the squad. “Arc Welder” provides Tenacity Down to the target, which can create a window of opportunity to stun Tenacity-Up-heavy teams using R2D2’s incoming “Electroshock Prod” attack.
  • If in a Resistance team, BB-8’s use of “Illuminated Destiny” under a Finn lead results in heavy combinations of Expose and Turn Meter combining to stoke the engines of the Resistance attack.
  • R2D2 and BB-8 form the foundation of a new HK-47 led Droid team. Try filling out the team with various other Droids that can combat the enemy you must tackle. For example, B2 Super Battle Droid is excellent when facing enemies with heavy buffs, and either IG-86 or IG-88 can supply more damage.
Where to Use
  • BB-8 is a fantastic addition to many groups in Squad Arena, Events, Territory Battles, and Raids, however he functions optimally with other Resistance or Droid squad members.
  • When using BB-8 in Territory Battles remember you can save “Illuminated Destiny” for the later rounds in the Combat Missions.

Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
Post edited by Kozispoon on

Replies

• Yay!
  • 70 Turn cooldown?
  • 70-turn cooldown: typo or no?
  • No Poe synergies?????
  • DarkPiece wrote: »
    No Poe synergies?????

Um... 25% potency not good enough for you? Every Resistance char is going to be using Specials, so very quickly everyone will have it. Each new special reduces cooldown of the redonkulous skill by 5.

If only Resistance could string together a bunch of turns in a row that cooldown will be reduced with a quickness
    942-122-371
  • 70 turns lol! You will never use it on arena right?
    My favorite characters Empire - Sith
  • Ronoaldo wrote: »
    70 turns lol! You will never use it on arena right?

Def seems like they had TB in mind with that ability.
  • DarkPiece wrote: »
    No Poe synergies?????

They release wiggs and chaze.. people complain..... they don't create 2 man synergies.... people complain
  • Oh yay... another broken ls toon
  • 70-turn cooldown: typo or no?

Don't think so. You'll get 5 turn reductions or more a lot of the time if you read the skills. It's sort of like Darth Nihilus annihilate.
  • Aarcher wrote: »
    DarkPiece wrote: »
    No Poe synergies?????

Um... 25% potency not good enough for you? Every Resistance char is going to be using Specials, so very quickly everyone will have it. Each new special reduces cooldown of the redonkulous skill by 5.

If only Resistance could string together a bunch of turns in a row that cooldown will be reduced with a quickness

The buff is dispellable. Ventress kills it. B2 Kills it. DT kills it. Baze kills it. 70 seems high is all I'm saying.
  • Muaddib wrote: »
    Aarcher wrote: »
    DarkPiece wrote: »
    No Poe synergies?????

The buff is dispellable. Ventress kills it. B2 Kills it. DT kills it. Baze kills it. 70 seems high is all I'm saying.

Plus all attacks on exposed enemies will reduce it.
  • Ronoaldo wrote: »
    70 turns lol! You will never use it on arena right?

You're forgetting that zFinn lowers cooldowns every time an expose is popped.
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    70-turn cooldown: typo or no?

Not a typo!
    Preeetty interesting this is the first Character that has the first special ability with 0 cooldown and the first special ability with a HUGE cooldown.
    tumblr_ng53p1SUXO1r3a63ro1_400.gif

Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • Awesome
  • No one is worried by the fact we will be needing 7* star FO to unlock him ? Yes, not said. But as always, we will need the opposite faction to unlock him. So new players get doomed (polite version) again ?
    Not to mention all carbantis and stun cuff/gun he will be needing.
  • Guest wrote: »
    No one is worried by the fact we will be needing 7* star FO to unlock him ? Yes, not said. But as always, we will need the opposite faction to unlock him. So new players get doomed (polite version) again ?
    How do you know it wont be a marquee event?
  • Wwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. More LS toons. I LOVE the Resistance team under zFinn.... and I'm still disappointed by the news.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Jamesm wrote: »
    Guest wrote: »
    No one is worried by the fact we will be needing 7* star FO to unlock him ? Yes, not said. But as always, we will need the opposite faction to unlock him. So new players get doomed (polite version) again ?

They would have announced it as such.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Wwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. More LS toons. I LOVE the Resistance team under zFinn.... and I'm still disappointed by the news.

When r2 was released it was pretty much a given that BB8 was coming. Last nail in the Haat coffin p2! With helping droid viability more. Also veteran smugglers and now BB8 - we are on the road of tlj. Now legendary arguments aside- please let it be 7* event unlocked by res. (Me being selfish)
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    70-turn cooldown: typo or no?

Not a typo!
    Preeetty interesting this is the first Character that has the first special ability with 0 cooldown and the first special ability with a HUGE cooldown.
    tumblr_ng53p1SUXO1r3a63ro1_400.gif

Is it going to be like annihilate in GW (starts back at 70 every node)?
  • Well far be it from me to be Devil's Advocate but I am actually pretty darned happy we're getting a new LS character! Better than another version of a character we already have.

And as for those of you complaining about it being LS ...
    Well when TLJ releases, we know the film will have 2 new LS characters and a LOT more DS characters. So don't worry, DS players, your time will come soon ...

When r2 was released it was pretty much a given that BB8 was coming. Last nail in the Haat coffin p2! With helping droid viability more. Also veteran smugglers and now BB8 - we are on the road of tlj. Now legendary arguments aside- please let it be 7* event unlocked by res. (Me being selfish)

If BB8 is a 7* unlock I will be happy; I don't care if it requires Resistance or FO.
  • Awesome, another character I won't have enough gear to level up.....
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member

As I had FO 7* for a year or so, no worries here and they’re used in offense mod challenge, so most people should have them at 5*
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • CaptainRex wrote: »
    Jamesm wrote: »

They would have announced it as such.

Did they give us warning about veteran han and chewie? They haven't " announced" anything yet. They released the kit early cause twitter and FB spilled the beans.
  • Clanomadd wrote: »
    Wwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. More LS toons. I LOVE the Resistance team under zFinn.... and I'm still disappointed by the news.

If BB8 is a 7* unlock I will be happy; I don't care if it requires Resistance or FO.

Haha no let it be res! But I smell marquee here