Stuns n cuffs

2Next

Replies

• Kenjamin1991
    109 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I do wish cuffs and guns were easier to get. But really they are farmable gear. Im having a harder time with holo projectors!
    I think they should do an event where there is a 100% drop rate. Something different every day for a week. Cantina shards, DS shards, LS shards, DS gear, LS gear, then all for 2 days.
  • Options
    Wait, were you able to get more from the fleet shop? I've gotten a ton of stun gun salvage from shard shop 2.0 already. I never once thought the fleet shop rate was worthwhile. I'm seriously confused by all the complaints around this change. For me, it's way easier now to get good gear.
  • beatzbylobot
    20 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I appreciate cuffs and guns being included into the shard and guild shops at a reduced cost. Considering pretty much every toon needs a bunch of them they should be priced more as common "epic" gear, which they are in those shops imo.
    Post edited by beatzbylobot on
  • Options
    skywhopper wrote: »
    Wait, were you able to get more from the fleet shop? I've gotten a ton of stun gun salvage from shard shop 2.0 already. I never once thought the fleet shop rate was worthwhile. I'm seriously confused by all the complaints around this change. For me, it's way easier now to get good gear.
    I really like the new Shard Shop, but to be fair I understand where some of the complaints are coming from.

Some people really don't like ship battles so they would use the fleet tokens to buy gear. Now all they can get are ships, which they don't like, and characters, which they may not need. So they're doing a thing they don't like and getting a currency that only allows them to do more of the thing they don't like.

Another point of view is that of a person who just hit 85 and has an okay roster, but is still in the process of farming characters. For you and me it's easy, we earn spare shards for 7* characters all the time--Galactic War, bronzium packs, daily login characters--and probably have at least the GW and Cantina stores fully 7* so we can take those currencies and convert them into shard shop currency with a free conscience. But if you still need folks, then they've taken away an avenue of gearing them.

As I said, I love the improved shard shop. Once I finish Mob Enforcer I'll be getting 300 shard shop bucks a day, enough for 10 cuffs a day. That's a huge bonus for me. But not everyone is in my position.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • ThrakenLuap
    50 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    They are making it harder for FTP to compete. The gap is widening. Look at the people with 15-20 gear 12s. They already have shipments and buy away. This slowed down FTP gearing. We lost fleet which was 8 choices of gear that we need to put it in shard shop with only 3 new choices and 3 degraded choices. The number of available choices went down and we are getting less gear. I have 4 blue choices today. Really??
    https://swgoh.gg/u/thrakenluap/
  • Options
    That the way CG handle the Gear crunch.
  • Options
    Shard shop resets every 6 hours, there is a slot that has 6 salvage of cuffs or guns sometimes. I've gotten a bunch already and the price isn't too bad. Maybe not optimal for some people but I actually like it better

Do you have a surplus of shards?
  • Options
    People acting they got more stun funs/cuffs out of fleet store than shard store are classic.
    Shard store refreshes more often (4x a day instead of 3x a day) and the gear is much more useful.
    Guess people will complain no matter what you do. Give em a free stuncuff per week and they complain droprates are reduced because of it because there is no logic nowadays.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    Options
    five2zero wrote: »
    That the way CG handle the Gear crunch.

Hey, we got the Flash Events. That Really Helped With The Gear Crunch. Can't wait to have them back!
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    Options
    CronozNL wrote: »
    People acting they got more stun funs/cuffs out of fleet store than shard store are classic.

Anecdotal evidence is no evidence? I actually did.
    Shard store refreshes more often (4x a day instead of 3x a day) and the gear is much more useful.

Every reset I seem to have the same items there, the medpac I have thousands, something else I have hundreds etc. After opening I've managed to buy both cuffs and Guns each once and I'm not missing resets.
    Guess people will complain no matter what you do. Give em a free stuncuff per week and they complain droprates are reduced because of it because there is no logic nowadays.

People complain because there was no reason not to keep fleet store as it was. People like to have choices.

Why don't you understand that?

FWIW, I like the Shard Shop now, and as it is I'm back to farming ships instead of gear.
  • Options
    Naw wrote: »

Anecdotal evidence is no evidence? I actually did.

Every reset I seem to have the same items there, the medpac I have thousands, something else I have hundreds etc. After opening I've managed to buy both cuffs and Guns each once and I'm not missing resets.

People complain because there was no reason not to keep fleet store as it was. People like to have choices.

Why don't you understand that?

FWIW, I like the Shard Shop now, and as it is I'm back to farming ships instead of gear.

Anecdotal: Fleet store gave me cuffs/guns once a week.
    New shard store already give me more. Why don't you understand it's better?
    You are like those kids posting topics asking if Chirrut is still in shard shop since they haven't seen them for weeks.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Options

That additional refresh from 1am to 7am is often useless to me as I also have to sleep.

If you think that the gear in the shard shop is more useful then this is your opinion and nothing more. Don't belittle the people that think otherwise.

From my experience stun guns, cuffs and holo projectors have been more common in the fleet shop than they have been in the shard shop so far. But this is just as anectdotal as your experience is.

I very much like the shard shop upgrade . However, personally I would have preferred them to keep the ship shop as it was but can also live with converting ship currency into excess shard. But I don 't think the complaint is baseless. I would like to see more data on comparable drop rates before I form a final opinion. And in the end I will simply adjust to what the new environment is.
  • Options
    Only saw stun cuffs and stun gun once... sad :(
  • Options
    1nSomNiaC wrote: »
    Only saw stun cuffs and stun gun once... sad :(

At least you have plenty of opportunities for sensor arrays and syringes and possibly mk IV carbs. If they had existed, the gear crunches for those pieces would be decimated, for me at least.
  • Options

urtil wrote: »

That additional refresh from 1am to 7am is often useless to me as I also have to sleep.

If you think that the gear in the shard shop is more useful then this is your opinion and nothing more. Don't belittle the people that think otherwise.
    He's not belittling people for having a different opinion, he's correcting their errant facts. There's a difference. When people intentionally misrepresent facts to support their opinion, they should not act offended when someone simply points out that their "facts" are incorrect.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Moving to Feedback: Gear and UI
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    He's not belittling people for having a different opinion, he's correcting their errant facts. There's a difference. When people intentionally misrepresent facts to support their opinion, they should not act offended when someone simply points out that their "facts" are incorrect.

So, stating that the gear in the shard shop is more useful is somehow a fact whereas if people think otherwise they intentionally misrepresent facts? Maybe you should understand that people are at different phases in the game and use different strategies that lead to different bottlenecks. If he believes the gear is more useful then this is his opinion and not a fact that applies to everyone.

I also wait for anything else than his personal experience of

"Anecdotal: Fleet store gave me cuffs/guns once a week.
    New shard store already give me more. Why don't you understand it's better?
    You are like those kids posting topics asking if Chirrut is still in shard shop since they haven't seen them for weeks. "

to show that the claim that the new shard shop produces less stun guns/cuff is "errant" as you put it. And yes, I would view this tone as belittling.

Simply having more refreshes is not proof of anything (nvm that one refresh is not necessarily useful in the middle of the night) unless you can compare how many slots have the stun guns/cuffs that the OP complained about as major bottleneck and how many other gear is there to share that slot. I have not seen him or you or anyone else provide some good data on this in this thread. Therefore please forgive me if I view your "facts" as just your personal impression. Certainly not valid enough to call other's opinion errant or compare them to little kids etc.