BB8>>> not going for him.....

124Next

Replies

• Options
    Atlas1 wrote: »
    Kit_Fisto wrote: »
    Isn't FOTP in fleet shop now?

Yes. FOST seems to be the toon holding people back now.

Thank god the devs gave me him for free back in dec 2015.. Now hes sitting at 7* along the others waiting for the event :)

zero money spent :D
  • Options
    SWGAMER6 wrote: »
    Same as thrawn I think I will get him at five.

That's what happened the first time Thrawn came out. I think a lot more people will be able to get Thrawn to 7* this time and I expect him to begin to change or stir up the meta soon.

I suppose it depends on your shard but Thrawn is part of the meta. My shard's top 25 he's in nearly 2/3 of all teams and half of these squads are all g12 toons, the other half 4/5 g12 toons.

Oh I agree. I said I think he is going to change or stir up the meta. I say that because there are going to be a lot more players that will have him at 7stars.
  • Options
    Fost needs to be put into one of the shipments!
  • Options
    I have been playing for 9 months and in that time they have released 20+ toons, 3 legendary toons, and a host of required toons to get those toons. Then TB requires even more Hard node toons, along with newer toons for better rewards. The comments about how I should have known crack me up..even if I did know, how is anyone ever supposed to keep up. I place 1/1 everyday and still wouldn't have enough, I can't even imagine someone places 50+.

CG really needs to slow down for a bit and start concentrating on QoL or bug fixes. I understand more and greater toons are the money makers, but seriously, the amount of content being delivered requiring updates, fixes is unreal.

What is so hard about slowing down the toon delivery and focus more on creating a better gaming experience for just a bit?
  • Options
    So I tried my 7* level 85 g10 in GW with zFinn, Poe, RT, and R2 in GW and BB8 is completely underwhelming.

Poe with 70% potency plus secret intel (+25% potency) couldn't apply an expose to an enemy with tenacity down.

Performed better with zFinn, Poe, RT, R2 and Raid Han. Jury's out on BB8 for me.
  • Options
    I think BB8 in haat is where he would shine best.
  • Options
    Maybe you should read the game mechanics first....
    Tenacity down means independent of your heroes potency, the guy with this debuff has a 15% resist chance.
  • CryGonJinn
    402 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Zalastro wrote: »
    Maybe you should read the game mechanics first....
    Tenacity down means independent of your heroes potency, the guy with this debuff has a 15% resist chance.

I've been paying since Dec. 2015 - I understand buff and debuffs, but ESPN's NFL Live Crew would add this to their 'C'mon Man'
  • Liamtbqh
    620 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    So because you tried him a few times and your Poe got resisted, hes bad?

There are other teams to test him in, but BB-8 is definitely useful for PvE.

Also currently, for some reason Tenacity never falls below 15%, theres always that chance you'll get resisted.
  • Options
    Liamtbqh wrote: »
    So because you tried him a few times and your Poe got resisted, hes bad?

There are other teams to test him in, but BB-8 is definitely useful for PvE.

Also currently, for some reason Tenacity never falls below 15%, theres always that chance you'll get resisted.

Said he was underwhelming and the jury's out. 'Bad,' not yet. Still need to try him out in HAAT, but as of now, not deserving of a 'legendary' title, compared to R2 and Thrawn
  • Options
    CryGonJinn wrote: »
    So I tried my 7* level 85 g10 in GW with zFinn, Poe, RT, and R2 in GW and BB8 is completely underwhelming.

Poe with 70% potency plus secret intel (+25% potency) couldn't apply an expose to an enemy with tenacity down.

Performed better with zFinn, Poe, RT, R2 and Raid Han. Jury's out on BB8 for me.

I for one appreciate your input and thank you for sharing. It helps me in my decision to panic farm or not.
  • Options
    Strange, a member of my guild made the same remark: his potency boost does not help, quite the contrary actually. I tried and yeah, something seems off..
  • Options
    I think it's awesome and great that they didn't add yet another completely broken character to the game. So yay for BB8
  • Bulldog1205
    3573 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    GW isn't a good spot for him though, because each battle is on its own. There is little time to reduce that cooldown. He's going to work better in modes with waves of enemies or raids they last a long time. In Phase 2/4 of HAAT he is going to be able to constantly use his buff and make teams extremely potent.
  • Options
    Warning: This is another post about BB-8

Basically I want to wait until I have FOST at 5 star before starting the BB-8 event but it's so tempting to just start because I can.

So please distract me in anyway you think will stop me from starting the event.
  • Options
    just start
  • Options
    What's the use in waiting? You'll have to do those tiers anyway and the opening scene is kinda amusing to watch.
  • Options
    GW isn't a good spot for him though, because each battle is on its own. There is little time to reduce that cooldown. He's going to work better in modes with waves of enemies or raids they last a long time. In Phase 2/4 of HAAT he is going to be able to constantly use his buff and make teams extremely potent.

I used him with r2 zinn Poe and rt in ls mission 9a. Got to use his special twice with out really trying to. The cooldowns go super quick.
    And if his cool downs went to other nodes in gw we grab the pitchforks for DN lol

• Options
    I just like the idea of doing 5 tiers then exiting and magically unlocking the droid. It gives me a feeling like saving the crunchiest chips until last.
  • Options
    Use the crystals you get from 1-4 to refresh FOST nodes.
  • Options

I used him with r2 zinn Poe and rt in ls mission 9a. Got to use his special twice with out really trying to. The cooldowns go super quick.
    And if his cool downs went to other nodes in gw we grab the pitchforks for DN lol

Cooldowns don't carry over in GW.

But on node 1, which goes really quickly, he already got down to 24...and that was just through secret intel, and no droids scoring crits. So in a longer lasting battle, he should be able to get it off. Question is whether it will really turn the tide by that point in arena.

As for OP: Poe also only has 65% chance to expose regardless of resist chance. It can also be dodged (foresight effectively blocks his debuffs). So Poe not landing an expose is hardly an indicator of BB-8's effectiveness.
  • Options
    I guess you meant : OVERwhelming ?

A guildmate from Hexagone Sigma just SOLO the whole Phase 2 in HAAT with BB8 and even scratch a little of P3... so BB8 took the 10M from Resistance to a whole new 20M+ ...

If that is underwhelming what do you need...
  • Options
    Dayma wrote: »
    I guess you meant : OVERwhelming ?

A guildmate from Hexagone Sigma just SOLO the whole Phase 2 in HAAT with BB8 and even scratch a little of P3... so BB8 took the 10M from Resistance to a whole new 20M+ ...

If that is underwhelming what do you need...

Yeah every time a new character is released this thread gets made, cls had a few too. . . See how that turned out
  • Options
    Well I don’t agree. BB8 seems to be pretty fine with resistance and Droids squad. I tried it this morning on GW and it definitively improves both squad however I need to up him at max to have a better idea!
  • Options
    Strange, a member of my guild made the same remark: his potency boost does not help, quite the contrary actually. I tried and yeah, something seems off..

I definitely am not noticing a difference in GW. I'm running G12 zFinn, G11 Poe, G11 Trooper, G11 Pilot, G11 BB8 (no zetas or omegas though). I'm still getting resisted at about the same rate. Maybe it's in my head, I don't know. Maybe I should throw R2 back in for pilot? I did manage to get his special off in a couple battles but the first time I did, Baze just cleared them all lol. Forgot about him.
  • Options
    I was against getting him but since he is available and I have the toons to get him I gave it a whirl. Thanks to zylo i got him at 7* and to boost my GP to help with TB i bumped him up to level 72. P2 of hAAT was still going in a guild I am helping so I decided to see how he would do and would back out if he was terrible. Threw on some mods, opened up the raid and saw there was 21% left. I ended up doing all 21% and got about 3% of P3 down. He's intense. I didnt even have his moves at level 7! definitely worth getting if you already have a solid Resistance team
    "Who's the more foolish? The fool or the fool who follows them?"--Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • scuba
    14066 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    crzydroid wrote: »

Cooldowns don't carry over in GW.

But on node 1, which goes really quickly, he already got down to 24...and that was just through secret intel, and no droids scoring crits. So in a longer lasting battle, he should be able to get it off. Question is whether it will really turn the tide by that point in arena.

As for OP: Poe also only has 65% chance to expose regardless of resist chance. It can also be dodged (foresight effectively blocks his debuffs). So Poe not landing an expose is hardly an indicator of BB-8's effectiveness.

Only 24? I got it off CD in node 1. Took him 7 turns. (my resistance team has mediocre mods and only g9-10)
  • Options
    Who cares?
  • Options
    SWGAMER6 wrote: »
    I'm not going to get him this time and I'm not worried about needing him for Jedi Rey or anyone else right now. He will come back around. The packs are not worth it at all. I'll be focusing on other priorities.

Thats gotta feel terrible...having to wait till later to get something while your peers and everyone else gets him 7*. I'm glad I don't have that problem.
    Wanna see a trolls weak roster? Here ya go---->>>> https://swgoh.gg/u/nicwester/You've been warned.

Re: Discussion in category Forum Trash
    HardPill2Swallow
    HardPill2Swallow - December 22, 2017 2:25PM
    If you're like me and play faithfully everyday getting rank 1 constantly, working with others in your shard to not only stay competetive but also working to keep out new players from dropping your rank, then you will understand what I'm saying.

When CLS came for the first time there were a lot of new faces that entered the top 10. Now that he is coming back we will see even more climbing the ranks...not because they have a good roster, or because they are good players..but because they finally got the CLS toon they have been crying about for months. We all know how good CLS is and how he fits into any team or any part of this game.

The shard I'm in has the exact same feeling as I do: All of us don't like to see new faces. All of us have controlled the top of our arena shard for well over a year and the last thing we want is to have to share our ranks with other players, not because they are good or deserve to be in the top 10...but because they weren't good enough to make it to the top 10 with what they had.

Instead they are gonna climb the ranks because of 1 toon. Just 1 toon...that's it. They haven't worked endlessly day after day for months holding on to their ranks of their daily payout, helping each other out like so many of us do. Nor have they helped each other out from snipers like many of us also have done.

My suggestion...work together to keep out all these new faces that get into the top 10 not because they are good or ain't good or deserve to be there...but because they couldn't get there before now all of a sudden because they got Luke they think they are top 10 arena tier and deserve to be there. They don't deserve to be there. Attack them soon as you get the chance to.

I know this isn't a popular opinion and I'm gonna get tons of hate...and honestly I don't even care. I'm just saying what the majorty of all the top people of their arena shards are thinking:

All these new players that are gonna enter the top 10 deserves to be targets first. Make them work for it. Show them just how competetive the top 10 is and what it takes if they wanna try and stay there.

To all the new players entering the top 10...you better be ready for a war cause you're not climbing the ranks that easily because you finally got Luke. Better mod up, refresh and be ready to change your team up cause for players like me and many others: it takes dedication, team work, communication and a willingness to log in multiple times a day to hold on to your ranks that we've held on to for well over a year...and many others and myself aren't giving it up without a fight. Just because you finally got Luke doesn't mean you are gonna get an easy free ride to the top.

If you can't beat any combination of squads in the top 10....you simply just don't belong there yet.
    Moderator TyloRen
    Points 0
    TyloRenTyloRen 5:05PM
    I appreciate passion and all, but I'm removing your post. It really serves no purpose, and trolling other users isn't permitted.
    HardPill2SwallowHardPill2Swallow 5:07PM
    **** you