Phase 5 TB Still asking for Phoenix in Platoons?

1235Next

Replies

• Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    puru wrote: »
    CG_RyDiggs wrote: »
    Greetings Holotable heroes,

RyDiggs filling in for Kozispoon here,

Thank you all for the feedback and reports of replicated unit requirements for missions and platoons!
    First, clarifications:
    • Phase: We denote Phase as a single time period (currently 24 hours) of Territory Battles. However, that could be confusing to some players. Going forward, I’ll reference ‘vertical strip’ when referring to the map and ‘Phase’ when referring to the time.
    • Territory: Refers to one area within a vertical strip.

Your guild may have found the same required units in missions showing across some individual vertical strips of the map.
    While we did limit the unit requirements within individual territories, our intention, per the Territory Battle Cadence and Reward Changes post, is to limit required unit across entire individual vertical strips of territories.

This will be improved next Territory Battle. Unfortunately, we cannot update the Territory Battle in progress.

Please know that: Next Territory Battle, we will have the correctly intended improvement implemented:
    • • You will not have the same unit requirements of Phoenix Squad, Rogue One Squad, and the Hoth Hero Units: Hoth Rebel Soldier, Hoth Rebel Scout, Captain Han Solo, Commander Luke Skywalker, Rebel Officer Leia Organa, for missions and platoons across individual vertical strips.
    • • Example: If a vertical strip of territories has a special mission requiring Phoenix Squad Units in one territory, then that same vertical strip of territories will NOT have any other missions (platoon mission, combat mission, etc.) requiring the Phoenix Squad.

These unit limits respect individual vertical strips, not staggered strips. If your guild staggers strips by advancing one territory and failing to advance another, you MAY see the same required units in that Phase

Example:
    • Phase 3, your Guild is working on vertical strip 3.
    • Your guild advances middle territory to vertical strip 4, but not bottom territory which remains vertical strip 3.
    • Your guild MAY have required units in both middle territory Strip 4 AND bottom territory strip 3.

This improvement will be completely in line with the player expectations.

We apologize that the improvement was not implemented in the current Territory Battles and thank you for your continued feedback and support as we continue to improve on Territory Battles!

Cheers~!

RyDiggs

P.S. I'll be leaving for the night, but will try to answer questions tomorrow 9/26

Our guild advanced all the territories in each phase. In phase 5 we had phoenix battle requirement and platoon requirement in two different territories but same vertical strip. We can provide more details and screenshots if it helps

Thanks for looking into this

They already know it was screwed up this time.... RyDiggs is saying it will be fixed for next time.
  • Twin
    527 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Zaraos wrote: »
    Lets just hope, were not asked for Rogue 1 in the next phase for platoons as well....

Pretty sure for what ever reason, they never have. Phase 6 was working as originally described from the start.

It was phase 5 where only the specific territory that required Phoenix didn't have them in their platoon, the bottom territory had them... then the next TB all of a sudden platoon 4 bottom row was all phoenix.

For what ever reason Phase 5 bottom territory, platoon 4 was not fixed when they tweaked the "rng" of platoon population. If I were to guess a dev was playing around with how to include/exclude characters down to a specific row, used phoenix as a test faction and just forgot to remove the code. Evidence of this is I don't think people had reported phoenix in any other platoon other that 4 bottom row.

• Options
    @puru -- RyDigg's post is saying that they are aware of it in the current TB but can't fix it until the next TB. So they know you (and everyone) had the bug this TB, but next time it should work in accordance with that post.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Greetings Holotable heroes,

RyDiggs filling in for Kozispoon here,

Thank you all for the feedback and reports of replicated unit requirements for missions and platoons!
    First, clarifications:
    • Phase: We denote Phase as a single time period (currently 24 hours) of Territory Battles. However, that could be confusing to some players. Going forward, I’ll reference ‘vertical strip’ when referring to the map and ‘Phase’ when referring to the time.
    • Territory: Refers to one area within a vertical strip.

Your guild may have found the same required units in missions showing across some individual vertical strips of the map.
    While we did limit the unit requirements within individual territories, our intention, per the Territory Battle Cadence and Reward Changes post, is to limit required unit across entire individual vertical strips of territories.

This will be improved next Territory Battle. Unfortunately, we cannot update the Territory Battle in progress.

Please know that: Next Territory Battle, we will have the correctly intended improvement implemented:
    • • You will not have the same unit requirements of Phoenix Squad, Rogue One Squad, and the Hoth Hero Units: Hoth Rebel Soldier, Hoth Rebel Scout, Captain Han Solo, Commander Luke Skywalker, Rebel Officer Leia Organa, for missions and platoons across individual vertical strips.
    • • Example: If a vertical strip of territories has a special mission requiring Phoenix Squad Units in one territory, then that same vertical strip of territories will NOT have any other missions (platoon mission, combat mission, etc.) requiring the Phoenix Squad.

These unit limits respect individual vertical strips, not staggered strips. If your guild staggers strips by advancing one territory and failing to advance another, you MAY see the same required units in that Phase

Example:
    • Phase 3, your Guild is working on vertical strip 3.
    • Your guild advances middle territory to vertical strip 4, but not bottom territory which remains vertical strip 3.
    • Your guild MAY have required units in both middle territory Strip 4 AND bottom territory strip 3.

This improvement will be completely in line with the player expectations.

We apologize that the improvement was not implemented in the current Territory Battles and thank you for your continued feedback and support as we continue to improve on Territory Battles!

Cheers~!

RyDiggs

P.S. I'll be leaving for the night, but will try to answer questions tomorrow 9/26

Our guild advanced all the territories in each phase. In phase 5 we had phoenix battle requirement and platoon requirement in two different territories but same vertical strip. We can provide more details and screenshots if it helps

He said it was still broke and no changes will be made this territory battle. He was giving the scenario if it was actually fixed next TB where you could see the situation of platoons in a phase requiring special characters needed for battles. Almost every screen shot on this thread is of your same situation which again he acknowledged was sit kittened up.
  • Options
    Thanks for the response, RyDiggs.

Good thing for our guild this time around, we don't plan to have many of us doing the Rogue One combat mission in the middle territory. So even if platoons require some Rogue One toons, we should be fine.

However, it would be nice if this was fixed for future territory battles, and it sounds like it will be.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Twin wrote: »
    Lets just hope, were not asked for Rogue 1 in the next phase for platoons as well....

Pretty sure for what ever reason, they never have. Phase 6 was working as originally described from the start.

It was phase 5 where only the specific territory that required Phoenix didn't have them in their platoon, the bottom territory had them... then the next TB all of a sudden platoon 4 bottom row was all phoenix.

For what ever reason Phase 5 bottom territory, platoon 4 was not fixed when they tweaked the "rng" of platoon population. If I were to guess a dev was playing around with how to include/exclude characters down to a specific row, used phoenix as a test faction and just forgot to remove the code. Evidence of this is I don't think people had reported phoenix in any other platoon other that 4 bottom row.

So you are saying you think it was a:
    What does this button do?
    Or
    Dude hold my beer moment.
  • Options
    By multiple I don't mean 2, 3, or 4. Our ships require 8, no really, 8 7* Gauntlets. I thought they said they were going to make sure there was a variety.

See #1 of the TB Cadence and Award Changes under Platoon Mission Changes.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/134276/territory-battle-cadence-and-reward-changes#latest

Other than adding missions, they didn't change anything. Oh, and the rewards actually got worse over a months time. You end up with the same amount of guild event tokens as you would have had under the previous structure, but you get less crystals and one less gear box since they added more time between TBs. Way to mislead on everything.

TBs are quite possibly the worst thing this game has to offer. You spend 6 days babysitting your guild. The payouts are terrible for how much work you have to do. The platoon requirements are ridiculous. The combat is just plain boring. The enemies are nothing special. Gear 12 is not a substantial increase like you said it was going to be. You bungled the release, the requirements, have alienated your fan base with unfair refunds. Have been less than forthcoming as to why things happen the way they do. And you couldn't even put in the mini raids your people had mentioned as preview of things we may see in TBs.

Why couldn't we just get another raid?

• CG_RyDiggs
    536 posts SWGOH Dev Team
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Liath wrote: »
    Thank you @CG_RyDiggs

You're very welcome, glad to clarify.
    Drevin wrote: »
    @CG_RyDiggs Could you also please address the unbalance of certain characters within a vertical strip? With 70+ light side characters and 12 platoons to fill, it seems unnecessary to require 10+ baze and chirrut

We reserve the right to continue to tune TB, much like we did previous Raids ;)
    StarSon wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    Thank you @CG_RyDiggs

Aye, much obliged. Very detailed answer.
    much appreciated reply - thanks @CG_RyDiggs

Truly my pleasure!
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    Very nice work. Glad to see things getting straightened out. I can only imagine a massive piece of content like TB can be a headache to tweak once it's in the wild. I love the TB changes, and that you're taking constructive feedback in to account.

Due to the options and guild coordination, it is surely one of our most challenging features to develop. However, once we have it normalized within players expectations, it's got a LOT of expansion, which is exciting.
    Mzee wrote: »
    Wow, CG_RyDiggs, thank you so much for such a detailed, and clear response. This covers things well.

I am really impressed with CG's effort to communicate and listen to the community in regards to territory battles and have been making improvements based on the feedback. It really does show.

We're working to improve all areas of the game. The Community is a major part of that, and we're working on communication and interaction as well. Thanks for noticing, and we'll continue working on it!

Thank you @CG_RyDiggs. Any chance that the Platoon selection will get a bit more randomized as well? 9x Baze + 7x Wiggs compared to 1x Rey + 1x CUP

We'll be looking at the random buckets in a few more versions. We have other priorities now. However, as the game continues to expand characters, you'll naturally see more variation by default. So, eventually, yes it will happen. Short term, I can't guarantee but we're still tweaking.

For this TB, you could have one territory with RO units and another Territory requiring RO units.
    Next TB, you won't have that issue.
    Development Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
  • Options

Heya Puru,

I believe that could happen, as I describe above, you can have this with two territories in the same vertical strip.
    NEXT Territory Battle, you shouldn't have this happen.

• Options
    If you give a man a fish, he eats for a day...
    Teach a man how to fish, he eats forever...

Don't "babysit" your guild, teach them how to play....
  • Options
    We'll be looking at the random buckets in a few more versions. We have other priorities now. However, as the game continues to expand characters, you'll naturally see more variation by default. So, eventually, yes it will happen. Short term, I can't guarantee but we're still tweaking.

@CG_RyDiggs -- does this mean that the pool of characters who can be in the Hoth TB is dynamic, and thus will be expanded to include new characters like Vet Han and Vet Chewie, or are you referring to future iterations of TB?

• Options

Really? That's what you picked on? And some cliche answer to a real problem? Come on. Running a guild is like herding cats. Literacy seems to be a real issue in the SWGOH universe as people don't read instructions.
  • Options
    @CG_RyDiggs -- does this mean that the pool of characters who can be in the Hoth TB is dynamic, and thus will be expanded to include new characters like Vet Han and Vet Chewie, or are you referring to future iterations of TB?

TB was built to be much more flexible than previous Raids. I don't want to promise or set expectations for the future, HOWEVER, the thought is that they are intended to grow with the game. However that works in the future. Stick around, I think you'll be happy ;)

Really? That's what you picked on? And some cliche answer to a real problem? Come on. Running a guild is like herding cats. Literacy seems to be a real issue in the SWGOH universe as people don't read instructions.

Sorry to break into you two's conversation, BUT, making this easier is a focus from TB feedback. I'm glad to see our alignment is matching up with player's.

Cheers!

• Options
    Stick around, I think you'll be happy ;)

So you're saying you won't add new characters to the Hoth Invasion platoons, because that will make me happy?

tenor.gif

• Options
    Thank you for the communication and the future fixes! @CG_RyDiggs
  • Options

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink.

Touché.

• Options

Heya Puru,

I believe that could happen, as I describe above, you can have this with two territories in the same vertical strip.
    NEXT Territory Battle, you shouldn't have this happen.

Thank you for your response. That makes it clear.

Thank @scuba also for clarifying this earlier in the thread.
  • Options
    It’s just that territory...any other territory and good luck. I did screw that up...wasn’t paying attention....donated 5 Phoenix to bottom platoons. Kind of screwed Hera in her solo battle.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    It’s just that territory...any other territory and good luck. I did screw that up...wasn’t paying attention....donated 5 Phoenix to bottom platoons. Kind of screwed Hera in her solo battle.

Did you read the part where the dev admitted this was a mistake and that it will be fixed for next time?
  • Options

Exploit a man’s lacking skill set by selling him fish for the rest of his life, and you’ll both eat forever, but you’ll be able to turn a profit.
  • Options
    I'm not invested personally in the bug. Couldn't help but comment on the fact that some of us here act like the personal relationship managers for the devs. Guys come in with complaints about broken promises, legitimately a little angry cos TB does that (too much micro management and coordination required not to raise stress just a bit) and all this because they're actually invested in the game. They're competitive and care/worry about all the aspects of the game. What's the harm there? Devs don't want invested players or something @ all the unofficial public relation guys?

Get a life and stop pretending devs need you guys to speak for them.
  • Options
    I'm not invested personally in the bug. Couldn't help but comment on the fact that some of us here act like the personal relationship managers for the devs. Guys come in with complaints about broken promises, legitimately a little angry cos TB does that (too much micro management and coordination required not to raise stress just a bit) and all this because they're actually invested in the game. They're competitive and care/worry about all the aspects of the game. What's the harm there? Devs don't want invested players or something @ all the unofficial public relation guys?

Get a life and stop pretending devs need you guys to speak for them.

Because from their point of view, there are no problems. Therefore, there can't be any of the problems others seem to be having. Reality doesn't work that way /s

It also helps to deflect from the issues the devs should be communicating about when the bootlickers shout down the legitimate concerns of people.
  • Options
    scuba wrote: »
    Twin wrote: »

So you are saying you think it was a:
    What does this button do?
    Or
    Dude hold my beer moment.

Not at all... I am sure they were formulating various solutions or methods for populating the platoons... Things got busy and someone just forgot to remove the code etc. It happens and certainly a mistake I could see getting missed at least the first time. This time though its a head scratcher since they specifically were trying to prevent required toons from platoons in the whole phase. Seems like a pretty simple test to me, unless a dev was making modifications directly to prod and their Test environment never had the issue to begin with.
  • Options
    Let's see how this plays out next tb hopefully fixed
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    American wrote: »
    Let's see how this plays out next tb hopefully fixed

P5 will no longer have Phoenix in platoons
    P6 will will have R1 in Platoons and also 15 bb8's
  • Options
    How about they just make platoons DS toons only. Duplicate all you want.
    Problem solved.

• scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    slugbahr wrote: »
    How about they just make platoons DS toons only. Duplicate all you want.
    Problem solved.

but if you could actually use good rebels in the battles it would be easy.
  • Sunnie1978
    2937 posts Moderator
    Options
    Moving to Bugs and Issues
This discussion has been closed.