Yoda sucks

Prev1
Since acquiring Yoda I have been running him with QGJ (leader), Aayla, Lumi, and Rey (LVL 70 gear 8 &9) and I have gone from a mid - 20s daily arena ranking to barely being able to stay in the Top -100.

Here are the problems that I have observed with Yoda:

1) Extremely low HP makes him a borderline glass canon.
2) Soft offensive output paired w/ low HP makes him a glass pretzel.
3) Terrible Arena AI renders all of his abilities ineffective.

I keep taking him out of my arena line-up but then think about all of the time and resources I put into gearing/leveling him up and begrudgingly re-insert him to the same result (the definition of insanity, I know). If I had to do it all over again I wouldn't touch Yoda.The Yoda juice has not been worth the squeeze. The Yoda juice may even be spoiled.

How can such an important character, a character that IS so important that it received it's own special event, be so mediocre?

Replies

• Options
    well another squad's yoda one shot one of my toons yesterday... on the first attack of the battle....
  • Options
    well another squad's yoda one shot one of my toons yesterday... on the first attack of the battle....

"Yoda beat one of my characters". How is anybody supposed to be able to respond to that?
  • Options
    Whales wrote: »

"Yoda beat one of my characters". How is anybody supposed to be able to respond to that?

i'm responding to your "he's weak"

he can't be THAT weak if he can one shot a level 70 toon with max gear (even if it's a high damage low health toon)

That's all I'm saying...
  • Options

he can't be THAT weak if he can one shot a level 70 toon with max gear (even if it's a high damage low health toon)

That's all I'm saying...

It would really help if you offered ANY details. Ya know like character, level, team comp etc.
    Just saying "Yoda one shot killed one of my toons the other day" adds zero input into the discussion.
  • Options

That's all I'm saying...

Must've been a 3 star character. If he crits with his hardest ability 7* in max gear he can't one shot a single max gear 7* in the game (or even come close for that matter).
  • Options
    Mine is 5900 power And so far to be weak ..
    Full gear he is really good . He is on my arena team , And i'm rank 1 Around many 27000/28000 power .
    Can't understand people saying he is weak ,they Just don't have the good team/ synergie with him .
  • Options
    Considering he is part of the new Meta he cant be that weak.
  • Options
    Full gear he is really good . He is on my arena team , And i'm rank 1 Around many 27000/28000 power .
    Can't understand people saying he is weak ,they Just don't have the good team/ synergie with him .

Again, zero details. What star do you have him at? What's your arena comp etc?

• Options
    Oobydoob wrote: »

That's all I'm saying...

Must've been a 3 star character. If he crits with his hardest ability 7* in max gear he can't one shot a single max gear 7* in the game (or even come close for that matter).

Exactly. The kid is either trolling or confused
  • Options
    Considering he is part of the new Meta he cant be that weak.

You obviously don't have Yoda.
  • Options

I'm at 7* max gear with him as well, #1 in my shard for almost 2 months straight now as well. I use him in my team just to spite CG :smile: (and I feel my shard is weak)

That being said there are a good 20 (maybe more) characters in the game better than him right now. That's just how it is.
  • Options
    If we ever get away from the burst meta he'll be amazing.
  • LordStyling
    1461 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    It would really help if you offered ANY details. Ya know like character, level, team comp etc.
    Just saying "Yoda one shot killed one of my toons the other day" adds zero input into the discussion.

hey bud,

I don't remember exactly, all I remember, battle starts, and he took out a toon on first shot

I was simply saying he's not THAT weak, was not arguying anything else on your post....
    That's all I'm saying...

i do not put any 3* toons in pvp
    I use 7* and a 5* Rey.

He probably one shot my Rey.

✌️
    [Moderator Note: Edited per our Community Guidelines]
    Post edited by Afista on
  • Options

I'm at 7* max gear with him as well, #1 in my shard for almost 2 months straight now as well. I use him in my team just to spite CG :smile: (and I feel my shard is weak)

That being said there are a good 20 (maybe more) characters in the game better than him right now. That's just how it is.
    It's only subjective . Every char Can be good or bad , it's depend only on the synergie.
    Without Any team he still be in the top char .
  • Options
    I use Yoda in my PVP squad right now. My current team is

7 Star QG - Leader
    7 Star Lumi
    7 Star Rey
    7 Star Yoda
    6 Star Daka

All are nearly fully geared, one or zero missing items for level 8.

I'm rank one right now and typically finish between 1 and 10 depending on timing

The dudes in the top 4 with me right now are 26-28K power. They are

QG, Yoda, Ben, Poe, Geno Soldier (all 7s)
    Poggle, IG88, IG86, Geno Soldier, Poe (all 7s)
    QG, Ben, Geno Soldier, Poe, Rey (7s, rey 6, ben 5)

To be honest, I think my team is better when I use Kit (7) instead of Yoda, but I find Yoda fun. I can't remember the last time I lost when I was on offense, but obviously I lose as the defender all the time.

Ultimately, I'm just toying with this group and I'm not sure Yoda and Daka will stay.
  • Options
    Same @Predian, when you're thinking 'Maybe I'll use Kit Fisto instead' it shows the strength of Yoda in the current meta.

Again, I'm not saying he's bad (or I wouldn't use him at all) he's just not top tier.
  • Options
    Hey - I like Kit Fisto
  • Options
    Predian wrote: »
    Hey - I like Kit Fisto
    <3
  • Options
    Hey - I like Kit Fisto

is he really that good?

i'm on a 3 month old server and no one in top 20 uses him
  • Options
    I use Yoda in my PVP squad right now. My current team is

7 Star QG - Leader
    7 Star Lumi
    7 Star Rey
    7 Star Yoda
    6 Star Daka

All are nearly fully geared, one or zero missing items for level 8.

I'm rank one right now and typically finish between 1 and 10 depending on timing

The dudes in the top 4 with me right now are 26-28K power. They are

QG, Yoda, Ben, Poe, Geno Soldier (all 7s)
    Poggle, IG88, IG86, Geno Soldier, Poe (all 7s)
    QG, Ben, Geno Soldier, Poe, Rey (7s, rey 6, ben 5)

To be honest, I think my team is better when I use Kit (7) instead of Yoda, but I find Yoda fun. I can't remember the last time I lost when I was on offense, but obviously I lose as the defender all the time.

Ultimately, I'm just toying with this group and I'm not sure Yoda and Daka will stay.

It sounds like you are #1 in your bracket in spite of having Yoda.
  • Options
    Besides Arena... What about GW? Is he useful there?
  • Options
    I don't have him and won't for a while as my 5th Jedi is only 2*

But from clicking on opponents I only see abilities at 3/4 and not the 7 that is aloud

I am sure this effects usefulness
  • Options
    Hey - I like Kit Fisto

is he really that good?

He's not bad. No glaring weaknesses. He just doesn't fit in arena due to his lack of burst. Great in PvE though.

You'd see him more often if he wasn't chromium only.
  • Options
    Crookid01 wrote: »
    I don't have him and won't for a while as my 5th Jedi is only 2*

But from clicking on opponents I only see abilities at 3/4 and not the 7 that is aloud

I am sure this effects usefulness

I have his abilities maxed out at LVL 7 and he is underwhelming at best
  • Options
    Hey - I like Kit Fisto

is he really that good?

He's not bad. No glaring weaknesses. He just doesn't fit in arena due to his lack of burst. Great in PvE though.

You'd see him more often if he wasn't chromium only.

yeah probably heh

i like him as a movie char, i like his "stats" on paper, but of course, being chronium I do not use my low star one

Several "whales" on my server with 7* Leia's and Obi's, so they probably have him up there too (which is why I asked if he was good)
  • Options
    Besides Arena... What about GW? Is he useful there?

If you're talking about Yoda he has decent utility for GW. Just keep pinging his #1 on high HP characters. If it gets back to his turn and he still has foresight use his #4 and give it to everyone. He does have a fun kit.
  • Options
    I dont have Yoda, but when i find somone in arena with yoda, i go for him. Never failed. Yoda has never been a threat to my team.
    I go with 7* sid, 7* phasma, 6* ig88, 6* duku, 5* poe. power around 24k.
    Just a few minutes ago I beat rank #8, a 28k power team, all 7*, duku, yoda, poe, obiwan, rey.
    I only lost poe.
    Talking about strenght, Yoda hits similar to Sidious. When you control yoda it can be great, but AI makes him a joke
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options

Again, zero details. What star do you have him at? What's your arena comp etc?

I would change his ai to go for foresight his first turn unless Dooku, then tenacity.. Just a random thought
  • Options
    If you don't focus Yoda down quickly, he could very well end up giving you problems from what I've seen.

Pretty sure once the 1 shotting burst meta gets a fix he'll be in the top 5 heroes of the game
  • Options
    Yeah, I've got a 7* Dooku and I just love seeing Yoda in my Arena matchups. Stun him. Attack one other char. AOE. Dead. He's just too squishy and his abilities aren't used by the AI.