Yoda sucks

2Next

Replies

• Options
    Yoda does definitely not suck, he just needs the right comp to shine in. Which is actually something I'm glad about, because otherwise we would be buried in 'Yoda is OP' and 'something something Whales' threads. I mean, did anyone really expect him to be able to get dropped in any random team and wreck? I don't think the game should work like that. But that's my opinion.
    Besides Arena... What about GW? Is he useful there?

I have a 6* level 70, gear 7 Yoda and use him in GW quite a bit. I just love his kit, so many choices to make that might change the outcome of a match.
    Dutch Trade Alliance
  • Whales
    20 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Yoda does definitely not suck, he just needs the right comp to shine in. Which is actually something I'm glad about, because otherwise we would be buried in 'Yoda is OP' and 'something something Whales' threads.

And which team comp would that be? As I said I am using him w/ QGJ leader, Aayla, Lumi and either Rey or Anakin and he absolutely SUCKS
  • Options
    Troll thread? Yoda makes defeating any team easy. He goes first can sap TM, give himself foresight, or just battle meditate and make the old Ben/stuns useless. If you don't like him, don't use him, not sure what team would be better right now.
  • Options
    Oobydoob wrote: »
    Predian wrote: »
    Hey - I like Kit Fisto

is he really that good?

i'm on a 3 month old server and no one in top 20 uses him

He's not bad. No glaring weaknesses. He just doesn't fit in arena due to his lack of burst. Great in PvE though.

You'd see him more often if he wasn't chromium only.

yeah probably heh

i like him as a movie char, i like his "stats" on paper, but of course, being chronium I do not use my low star one

Several "whales" on my server with 7* Leia's and Obi's, so they probably have him up there too (which is why I asked if he was good)

I started using him because I like the counter attack, and I like having one person that can AOE. But Yoda covers the latter.

The guy I want to use is Maul, but he's too slow. I refuse to use Poe, GS, Sidius, Phasma, FOTP because I see them too often.

I'm starting to see QuiGon often, but I had him before then.

Kit is probably the most common thing I got in Chromium packs.
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    So don't use him then....
    Edit: If you can't beat enemy teams with GQJ, Rey and Yoda, then sorry but it's you who suck, not Yoda.
  • Ogion_the_Silent
    41 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Whales wrote: »
    And which team comp would that be? As I said I am using him w/ QGJ leader, Aayla, Lumi and either Rey or Anakin and he absolutely SUCKS

I've heard good things about Dooku lead. Otherwise, I don't know. We probably haven't found his ideal comp yet.

I just think there's a lot of room between insane and 'sucks'. He has good abilities and is fast enough to use them.

Post edited by Ogion_the_Silent on
    Dutch Trade Alliance
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Yoda is one of those characters that is good on offense, sucks on defense. But, still farming the crap out of Barriss so I can upgrade my 6* to 7*. Always good to have a fast 7* in your lineup.

I would say, at least on my server, the people who are all in jedi with Yoda + QGJ + others, are having a tougher time holding their ranks than those who are mixing it up. 7* Dooku's are very good, and 7* sid's are still everywhere, so I wouldn't go all in Jedi's.

PS: I am surprised Yoda didn't have any anti-sith/anti-darkside mechanics. Seems like he would have made a great anti-sid.
  • Options
    Barrok wrote: »

PS: I am surprised Yoda didn't have any anti-sith/anti-darkside mechanics. Seems like he would have made a great anti-sid.

Guaranteed damage to Sith... :smiley:
  • Options
    I hear that everyone hates Yoda..
    I cant know, i dont have him..

But what is it with Rex? I got him as 6th Character once.. Sadly on Super Easy Battle -,-

Do you have Rex?
    Do you NOT have Rex?

Leave your thoughts of him!
  • Options
    I hear that everyone hates Yoda..
    I cant know, i dont have him..

But what is it with Rex? I got him as 6th Character once.. Sadly on Super Easy Battle -,-

Do you have Rex?
    Do you NOT have Rex?

Leave your thoughts of him!
  • Options
    CPMP wrote: »
    Edit: If you can't beat enemy teams with GQJ, Rey and Yoda, then sorry but it's you who suck, not Yoda.

You sound like somebody that doesn't have Yoda but appreciate your well thought out insight "you suck, not Yoda." Really constructive stuff.
  • Options
    Barrok wrote: »
    Yoda is one of those characters that is good on offense, sucks on defense. But, still farming the crap out of Barriss so I can upgrade my 6* to 7*. Always good to have a fast 7* in your lineup.

I would say, at least on my server, the people who are all in jedi with Yoda + QGJ + others, are having a tougher time holding their ranks than those who are mixing it up. 7* Dooku's are very good, and 7* sid's are still everywhere, so I wouldn't go all in Jedi's.

The anti-sid buff would help alot. It's almost impossible to run a Jedi arena team in the current META
  • Options
    I have heard that Rex is not very impressive and that is a shame. Adding to that is the difficulty whales will have farming him. Most whales have most of the characters unlocked so when they attempt to go for Rex, they''l end up mostly with useless shards opening Chromium packs. Trying to upgrade one character from Chromium will be very expensive.

I think CG needs to abandon Chromium all together and just start selling shards instead.....
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I have a hard time understanding how anyone could think that Yoda "sucks". Even leaving aside his speed and many potential synergies that are yet to be discovered, just being able to go first and give everyone on the team a massive tenacity buff is absolutely huge. Ever see a maxed Sid do his AoE and only 2 DOTs stick? Or Phasma do Fusillade and nobody gets Speed Down? It even works on Poe's turn meter reduction.
    If there are no big debuffers and you are willing to wait until his second turn, you can give everyone Foresight in addition to that.
    Yoda can also do a massive turn meter reduction on the character of your choice at the start. How about Poe's 142 speed becomes 85 speed for the first turn? Not guaranteed, but if it works, by the time Poe taunts the fight will be over.
    Sometimes I try to use Unstoppable Force and he just kills the opponent outright with a 5k hit, and mine is only 5*.
    And this is just the tip of the iceberg.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    Could buff an entire team with these buffs...
    + 25 speed
    Always resist negative effects
    + 25 crit chance????
    And two more?

Holy H E Double Hockeysticks
    34x5QNd.jpg
  • Options
    He should have never been introduced to the game.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Options
    Try running Yoda as your lead. I am always top 5 on my shard, place 1st 50% of the time ... sniping, being sniped. All 7 star, max gear.

Yoda (lead)
    QGJ
    Aayla
    Old Ben
    Luminara

The speed from running QGJ as lead is nothing compared to the 25% turn meter boost from resisting exposes, stuns, DOTs, aoe slows etc. More turns and more survivability. I would never run him not as lead.

Every toon can be good with the right comp / synergy. 1 day I will field the Royal Guard and really surprise ppl lol. Just gotta wait until lvl cap raises again and his auto-taunt is 55%. With the AI's boosts to everything, I just need to kill their debuffers and gg.
  • Options
    It s the same with darth vader and luke they should be super strong. But they are not the best characters
  • Options
    I've been bouncing between #1-#6 using QGJ lead, Yoda, Lumi, Sid, and Poe. Yoda steals turn meter from enemy QGJ, my QGJ assists his down, then I clinch it with Poe. I agree he sucks on AI defense though.
  • Rheen
    269 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Here are the problems that I have observed with Yoda:
    1) Extremely low HP makes him a borderline glass canon.
    I mean...I guess it's lower than tanks, but seems to be pretty on-par with other attackers at around 11k health. Plus foresight adds whatever someone tried to hit him for (or double on an assist hehe).

2) Soft offensive output paired w/ low HP makes him a glass pretzel.
    His basic attack is about on-par with the other "best" attackers in the game right now, especially if you are attacking a target above half health. His 3rd skill is better than avg damage with the added chance to reduce TM or stun.

3) Terrible Arena AI renders all of his abilities ineffective.
    Can't argue with that one. Although even when the AI plays him horribly, his animations still look very cool. Hard to put an exact value on that...

Since acquiring Yoda I have been running him with QGJ (leader), Aayla, Lumi, and Rey (LVL 70 gear 8 &9) and I have gone from a mid - 20s daily arena ranking to barely being able to stay in the Top -100.

What is the strength of your characters? That doesn't seem like a terrible comp (although I don't think Aayla has very good synergy with your team aside from the speed leader).

Guide to Beating Galactic War from Team Instinct
    TeamInstinct.net -- Community Site and Home to Team Instinct
  • Options
    J7000 wrote: »
    Mine is 5900 power And so far to be weak ..
    Full gear he is really good . He is on my arena team , And i'm rank 1 Around many 27000/28000 power .
    Can't understand people saying he is weak ,they Just don't have the good team/ synergie with him .

Again, zero details. What star do you have him at? What's your arena comp etc?

I would change his ai to go for foresight his first turn unless Dooku, then tenacity.. Just a random thought

I was thinking the same thing. With his health he needs his protection right of the bat. And just like how healing only triggers when a toon is at a certain percentage, that's the only time he should use that move he goes 1st with now. The way the AI is now is not good at all. I couldn't believe when I fought a Yoda team for the 1st time that he did that move 1st. I was like really? I thought that move was intended to be like an execute maneuver and if you couldn't finish your opponent at least you would get a stun out of it. Jedi seem to excel at defending except the Grandmaster himself I'm very disappointed with Yoda.
  • Options
    The only issue with Yoda his the ai using him. He is pretty worthless on d. Ai always attacks someone random with his big hit that doesn't do THAT much dmg. It just has a 65% chance to take 40% turn meter. Any time anyone in your group as a buff he does his AoE to get it. No mater what the situation is he does it. And his AoE dmg is laughable.

But in the hands of the player, Yoda is awesome. He can just about dictate how the whole battle can go. No big threat, then let's hit with normal attack to get foresight. They have old Ben, well do meditation and make Ben pretty much worthless. They have poe with a droid army, do his big special to try to take Poe's turn meter making him almost worthless.

I run
    Qgj lead gear 8 7*
    Yoda gear 8 7*
    Poe gear 8 6* (about to be switched out for Rey )
    GS gear 8 7*
    FOTP gear 8 7* (about to be switched out for dooku for an expirment)

I finish top 3 everyday at rewards time. Since starting at hard launch.
  • Options
    Yoda is just a miserable green creature
  • Options
    I don't have yoda at 7* yet but he's good on offense. You're right about the AI needing a lot of work with him though. I think twice facing him in arena because when paired with certain heroes you have to roll the dice and either kill him first or let him be and he can turn a battle if left alive.

He also gears to 9 and brings tenacity, self survival, and turn meter manipulation.

He's far from weak but he isn't going to ensure a top arena spot alone.
  • Options
    not when you put Yoda in this team

QGJ, Lum, Rey, Yoda, Anakin