Arena is broken and needs to be fixed ASAP

Prev1
I've only been playing since the hard launch so not very long. I started quickly making my way to the top of arena and had my sights on the top 10. Then one day I get moved to another server and was only rank 156 on this server. So I work at it gearing up my team, raising their stars and doing everything I can to level up. I am able to make it in the 20s on this server. That was three days ago. Now today I woke up to find myself at rank 80 and falling fast. When I look at the ranks at the players ahead of me I can see that other stronger players have been moved into my PVP pool. I don't mind this if the rewards are increased with the overall strength of the server. However as we're all aware thats not the case. In light of this I won't be spending another dime on this game until it's fixed. This is the most irritating way I've ever seen Pvp handled in any game. Why would you punish players that put money into your game by making things harder and rewarding them less? This is a horrible game and business model. Please fix it!

Replies

• Options
    You are NOT being moved to different server bro. It just happened you were lucky for the first few days as not so many people or people who are P2P joined your server. then the next few days after you joined thats when many P2P joined and climbed the rank....My case is similar like you...it was easy for me to get to top 10 for the first 2 days then started to get hard and many BARRIS leader (means they paid to get him) comes out nowhere...that where i started to spend my free gems to focus on 5 characters only (maxed them as much as I can everyday and level up the gear (now all of them are level 43 with level 6 gears))...

anyway, i am free user and never spend any dimes on this game, i just lucky to get 2x 4* good characters in the beginning lol....
  • Options
    If you started the game before global launch as I am, you are doomed to compete with 7 star level 60 folks. In my server top 200 (the limit that you could see) are all lvl 60, 7 star folks. The best ranking I ever got in (now lvl 53) is like 14xx.

That said, EA should really do something about different tiers of arenas, how difficult is it to group lvl 1-10, 11-20, 21-30, 31-40, 41-50, 51-59, and 60 folks together, like the world of warcraft arenas?
    swgoh.gg/u/Sysydrexler007
  • Ser_Phoenix
    142 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Seconding what Sysy said - try being in a soft launch server lol.
  • RAMifications
    189 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    So you want being the best out of ~12k people to be easy? PvP isn't, and shouldn't be, easy.
    --Nud Stark--
  • Options
    Unless you're spending money you're going to get overpowered.
  • Options
    I don't have a problem with people spending money. The issue I have is EA moving me to a more difficult server.
  • Options
    You're not being moved.....
  • Options
    PVP is wacked. Honestly no matter where I'm placed in the ranks, there always seems to be equally powerful players all around me. Whether I'm at position 60 or 200.

Example, I'm level 43 with 10.5k power. Trying to break into top 50 and I face a bunch of level 43 players with 10.7 to 11k power. Ok no problem. BUT then I let my battling lapse a bit and I drop to position 185. So I go on to battle and who do I find? A bunch of players that at level 43 and up with 10.5 to 11k power.

How is this legitimate PvP? How is it that no matter where I am in the ladder, there are ALWAYS equally or slightly higher level/power players? If I drop to position 10000 will I still face the same level 43 10k+ piwer player? Can anyone explain this?
  • Options
    I just started playing a few days ago all the tops are like 30-40 haha
  • Options
    I guess they put all the new players in the same server. So you all progress the same. And then there are some who spend more money than the rest so they are ahead in levels and gear.
  • Options
    Yeah I've been pretty frustrated lately as well. I max out everything in the game I can do each day, and often refill my energy once. As it stands though, I'm up against players several levels higher and several thousand points greater than me. Something amiss with that, as that's just between 150-100 that the disparity hits.
  • Options
    True I keep having players my same level
  • Loce
    194 posts Member
    Options
    The way I look at it is if you are having a hard time beating people look at their lvl. I'm stuck at 450 to 550 but all of the ranks I'm fighting are higher lvl, it means I'm doing well. On a side note, I haven't spent a dime and have a 4 star barris.
  • Options
    I feel pretty good in the spot I'm in. I always finish top ten in my group with a much weaker team. I've spent a few hundred bucks, but I dread to think what the guys I'm fighting against have spent. They all have 7* Quigons and old Ben and tons of Chromium characters. Point being I can still compete with them and even beat the some of the time. Feels pretty good to me.

(ironically the one pack I didn't buy was the heroine pack. Still don't know if that was mistake or not lol)
  • Options
    Good grief guys, you know you can beat more powerful teams than you anyways, right? Did you try? 1k more power can be handled, the issue is more with the higher star level units than anything else imo.
    ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ ︵ DOE
  • Options
    Fantazy wrote: »
    Good grief guys, you know you can beat more powerful teams than you anyways, right? Did you try? 1k more power can be handled, the issue is more with the higher star level units than anything else imo.

Agreed, the teams I play against have 3k more power then I do. Gear and ability levels are what I think is most important. And the important quality or RNG
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    i'm constantly fighting players with 1-2k more power than myself and often 2-3 levels over me. hasn't been a problem.
    mighty chlorians
  • Options
    Last 5 days more or less I started getting creamed in pvp after not losing ever for the first few weeks. I'm not complaining , but it was easy one day, impossible the next. I often lose two characters before I get a turn.
  • Options
    PvP is all about the path you took at the start. Some used crystals to refresh quest to progress. Some used crystals to farm characters. Some used crystal to refresh arena. People seen what the wanted and went for it.

Me? I seen all them free crystals and I started refreshing arenas when I first started playing. Once I hit the top I started farming shards more than progressing. Now I have never found myself out of top 15, and always jump back up in top 5 with ease, and only have to use the 5 battles a day to do it.

And since I jumped up, its the same people in the top 10 with not much change. We were the lucky ones to jump early and now we don't have as many to contend with to stay tuned. Want proof? One guy team is qgj, tie pilot, jawa, jc, and telia and yet he stays in the top 10 with us because not as many to contend with. We have maybe 15 people to worry about each day for the most part.

All of you trying to climb up are having 50-100 people to contend with, and that is where the issue is. Chances are you'll never get up towards the top because of how many you have to contend with.

This is where the issue is, and believe it or not I think the whole PvP part needs to be looked at and reworked a little. Because unless you got an early jump on PvP you are punished with little chance of ever actually moving up. And I don't feel thats fair to everyone.

I finish #1 99% of the time at reward time and I'm saying PvP needs to be looked at. Because I just don't feel its really fair to everyone right now
  • Options
    djlott wrote: »
    PVP is wacked. Honestly no matter where I'm placed in the ranks, there always seems to be equally powerful players all around me. Whether I'm at position 60 or 200.

Example, I'm level 43 with 10.5k power. Trying to break into top 50 and I face a bunch of level 43 players with 10.7 to 11k power. Ok no problem. BUT then I let my battling lapse a bit and I drop to position 185. So I go on to battle and who do I find? A bunch of players that at level 43 and up with 10.5 to 11k power.

How is this legitimate PvP? How is it that no matter where I am in the ladder, there are ALWAYS equally or slightly higher level/power players? If I drop to position 10000 will I still face the same level 43 10k+ piwer player? Can anyone explain this?

That's competition due to many competitive players in this game. The game has been downloaded millions of time so you can only imagine how many people will play this game
  • Options
    xJazzx wrote: »
    djlott wrote: »

That's competition due to many competitive players in this game. The game has been downloaded millions of time so you can only imagine how many people will play this game

Maybe..but that doesn't explain why 2 days ago, fighting for a top 50 position, I faced players that were level 42. Now suddenly I advance to level 45 and miraculously, everyone around e is level 45 and 45 fighting for the same top 50 position.
  • Options
    Did you notice if its the same players? I'm sure everyone else is lvling while your lvling. Look at the names. I bet it's the exact same people. They are just lvling the same speed your lvling. Or maybe even a little faster.
  • Options
    Arena is not broken :) you just need to spend more! I've only spent 300$, I have almost every character unlocked, most are 4-5 stars though but I always stay between 20-4 arena, I was a rank 1 a few weeks ago when my server was fairly new bc I spent hundreds to beat everyone!
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    i don't refresh arena invites and i climbed my way from top 500 to top 20 today over the course of 2 weeks. no such thing as 'starting early' and staying there. anything can change at any moment.

edit:
    i take it back. top 10 today. most of everyone i was trying to fight 'locked' themselves and their ranks like cowards. i used my last attack on someone who was 2.5k power and 4 levels over me.

UUwQaiQ.jpg
    mighty chlorians
  • Options
    I've finished 2nd 3 days in a row and I've been top 10 for a week on a newish server where #1 is level 57 and 2500 stronger than anyone else. Everyone in the top 10 is leveling at the same speed. It's not a conspiracy. Everyone around you is just leveling as quickly as you are dude.

The only thing I can advise is to do what people on these forums advise and make sure you're concentrating on farming shards for your top 5.
  • Options
    reizse wrote: »

edit:
    i take it back. top 10 today. most of everyone i was trying to fight 'locked' themselves and their ranks like cowards. i used my last attack on someone who was 2.5k power and 4 levels over me.

UUwQaiQ.jpg

So not allowing you to steal their spot makes them cowards? Give me a break..
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    i'm not stealing anyone's spot. once the devs figure out a new way to handle pvp timers, i'll have more targets since they can't hide and lock their ranks.
    mighty chlorians
  • Options
    I've been on the same server since launch. How do you move to new server?
  • Options
    How can I boost my speed? I am lvl 53, gear lvl 6 on arena team, 4 or 5 star squad. Depending on team I'm about 13500 power. Mostly I play Sid, councilor, luminera, fett and one of maul, leia, or dooku. I almost always lose both healers and weakest attacker before I make my 3rd move. I'm trying to farm gear but it takes days to upgrade at this point. My dooku is my weakest but should be 4 star soon. Is there any way to select for speed in gear or does eveyone upgrade same gear?
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    007bugs wrote: »
    How can I boost my speed? I am lvl 53, gear lvl 6 on arena team, 4 or 5 star squad. Depending on team I'm about 13500 power. Mostly I play Sid, councilor, luminera, fett and one of maul, leia, or dooku. I almost always lose both healers and weakest attacker before I make my 3rd move. I'm trying to farm gear but it takes days to upgrade at this point. My dooku is my weakest but should be 4 star soon. Is there any way to select for speed in gear or does eveyone upgrade same gear?

gear is all the same. the only difference is the order you choose to craft/equip. i usually go for the +spd gear first because that's the most important stat to me.

aside from that, every single character at 7*/VII will have EXACTLY the same stats. that's what will make this game boring in the end if everyone uses the same characters. the only way to shake things up currently is synergy between characters and leader skill.

my team is sid, lumi, jc, daka and dooku. i plan on building a full nightsister team to make use of asajj's spd lead once my core team is all 7* with the exception of dooku (long term project).
    mighty chlorians