About to start a new account? Check here for when to pop 28!

Prev134
Hey guys, I'm sure I'm not the only one looking to roll an alt soon. I'll be updating the below linked discord server with the status of the growing shard. Feel free to jump in and share your results as you level test accounts to 28 so your main account can get a good start.

https://discord.gg/eEyrh5

Replies

• Options
    Update, just dropped into The Shard. The current Arena count is: 10,956
  • Options
    Nice thread. They should have an ongoing thread for this haha.
  • Options
    I know, right?
  • Options
    ExarTheKun wrote: »
    Nice thread. They should have an ongoing thread for this haha.

I figure the discord server would be easier to keep tabs on. Anyways, at 10k, how long do you think I should wait to lvl the next tester to 28?
  • Options
    I'd give it at least 48 hours. Probably only move about another 5k in that time. Doesn't hurt to check though, just to be safe.
  • Options
    I read somewhere that it's about 150-180 people who join per hour. Even at the low end of that spectrum it will be at least 2 days before you should open an account. I have 1 dummy account I can drop on the after noon of the 5th.
  • Options
    The fill rate is very slow now since it was raised to level 28. I'd say at least 3 days before next test.
  • Options
    Yeah I saw on another forum post it only moved about 7k in 3 full days. I didn't realize I need to farm cantina energy still, so I may miss this shard and go for the next one. Idk I'm impatient. All rerolls I've done I've held number 1 before, but only once since 28 and that was soon after it was changed. What pulls are you starting with? I have a baze I want to play, and an old ben as well.
  • Options
    Did a rough guesstimate on the math: if this shard fill at around the same pace based on posts time logs a new shard should happen around or after oct 6th at 9pm est. I might just pull the trigger on the 7th around mid day if I feel confident. If not I'll have to wait another 9 or 10 days until the 16/17th of october. I need to find the post with the math about how much stored energy I need to reach level 40 first day of arena.
  • Options
    I read somewhere that it's about 150-180 people who join per hour. Even at the low end of that spectrum it will be at least 2 days before you should open an account. I have 1 dummy account I can drop on the after noon of the 5th.

If you have one ready to test on the 5th, have (at least) 1 more to test the waters the closer we get.
  • Options
    Did a rough guesstimate on the math: if this shard fill at around the same pace based on posts time logs a new shard should happen around or after oct 6th at 9pm est. I might just pull the trigger on the 7th around mid day if I feel confident. If not I'll have to wait another 9 or 10 days until the 16/17th of october. I need to find the post with the math about how much stored energy I need to reach level 40 first day of arena.

Heyyy I mean, if you want to drop the link to that post, that'd be fantastic...
  • Options

Start 2-3 hours prior to reset, you can get to 28 on the same day, personally i don't see why you would wanna start an account now, it's ginna be bad
  • Options
    You should do one battle with your test account with 1 weak toon, that way, your arena "team" will stay rather close to the bottom of the shard and you can track its growth.
  • DarthZannaH
    577 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options

@PoeticJumpshot3

7.350 xp from lv28 to lv40. Considering you can get 900 from dailies, you will need around 6450 of hoarded energy (around 1500~2000 cantina and 4500~5000 regular energy) needed to reach 40 by day one (not including bonus energy along the day).

That's around 37 days of hoarding, if completely F2P.

That's the sweet spot for hoarding. If you hoard more, it will take double that (7k energy) to lv45 (13.4k energy hoard) and another 9.5k to lv50 (22.9k energy hoard). Which will require a lot more time hoarding and will not be optimal (unless you really want to push more on daily challenges / marquee events / try luck with bronziums).

Now that subscription pack is gone, it makes no sense to hoard more, in the past you could collect 100 daily cristals with a simple sub and make your account really powerful the more you hoarded.
    Do or do not...
  • Options
    alright thanks saved me some time on the math. I guess I was hoping it would be sooner but getting gw day one is helpful
  • Options
    @PoeticJumpshot3, do you still plan to try a test account this afternoon?
  • Options
    Update, we're at about 17,000 in the current shard. Can I get a volunteer to test it out tomorrow?
  • Options
    I dont think my account is ready for this one i just hit 27 now i have to hoard for a few weeks before i can go. maybe next shard ill hop on early if i think i can hit 40 on day 2
  • Options
    didn't realize i needed to hoard so much more to get there
  • DarthZannaH
    577 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    @Mkalmurphy I would but I got tired of sending scouts to my mates. @MakiChan30 has a hoarded account and want someone to test for him.

@PoeticJumpshot3 if you are not F2P you can hoard less and use crystals to refresh energy, 50+50+50+100+100+100 (6x refreshes) would give you 720 regular energy and 100+100+100 = 360 cantina energy for a total of 1.062xp, with 900 from dailies you would have 1962xp.

So you would have to hoard 1k energy less (-6 days). But you still have to hoard at least a month (31 days).
    Do or do not...
  • Options
    For sure. I wasn't planning on dropping hella crystals beyond the 50 refreshes really. probably gonna need to save them for the arena ladder depending on the starting position. i need to hoard for about 10 days to reach 5k. i have 2.8 already saved. Hopefully the next ladder takes a week or so to start.
  • Dread
    152 posts Member
    Options
    The link to discord is invalid now. Did you guys figure out how a shard is determined? Is it based on when you hit lvl 28 or when you create the account?
  • Options
    Sorry, I closed the server due to inactivity. Your character will be placed into a shard when they hit lvl 28. Ideally, you do it shortly after a new shard is created. This way you don't have to fight your way up from the thousands position.
  • Options
    Is the server still dead? I'm expecting the next shard to open up tomorrow morning and hoping the one after opens up the 31st
  • Options
    I've been playing this game for over a year and I have no clue what you guys are talking about...
  • Options
    Why don't we mak this a thread where anyone who does a test just posts up the current shard count?
  • condeducao
    48 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Arena now: 3331, 11:49 UTC

Be carefull because of the Madre Talzins >:) I think I will wait a few more weeks to get into a new shard.

@PoeticJumpshot3

x5GpvQ0.png
  • Options
    Thanks for doing this!
  • Options
    So I'm pretty sure your idea here is flawed guys. According to this site: https://thinkgaming.com/app-sales-data/68737/star-warstm-galaxy-of-heroes/ , there are about 20,000 installs a day of SWGOH. Now not all of those are going to be new gamers, but I'd be willing to bet that most of them are. It takes something like 1 day or 2 for a shard to be filled.

Now some people will protest because they know people in the same shard that started playing weeks apart. Well guess what? I am in a different shard than my RL friend who started playing 2 days before me (Dec. 8, I started Dec 10), but there are people who started playing in November in my shard.

In other words: there is more than one shard being filled up at a time. You can't see the "state of the shard" by logging in to check it because there is no guarantee which shard you are going to end up in.

Just keep making accounts until you get lucky because starting arena rank is just one more thing that is controlled by RNG in this game (since your starting arena shard is too).
  • Options
    Woodroward wrote: »
    So I'm pretty sure your idea here is flawed guys. According to this site: https://thinkgaming.com/app-sales-data/68737/star-warstm-galaxy-of-heroes/ , there are about 20,000 installs a day of SWGOH. Now not all of those are going to be new gamers, but I'd be willing to bet that most of them are. It takes something like 1 day or 2 for a shard to be filled.

Now some people will protest because they know people in the same shard that started playing weeks apart. Well guess what? I am in a different shard than my RL friend who started playing 2 days before me (Dec. 8, I started Dec 10), but there are people who started playing in November in my shard.

In other words: there is more than one shard being filled up at a time. You can't see the "state of the shard" by logging in to check it because there is no guarantee which shard you are going to end up in.

Just keep making accounts until you get lucky because starting arena rank is just one more thing that is controlled by RNG in this game (since your starting arena shard is too).

I disagree. Maybe back when we first started shards would fill up that fast, but not anymore. I was able to pretty accurately start my alt account at the right time (rank 300). As I leveled up test accounts, they showed a regular progression towards 20k rank. The other players that shared their results had numbers matching the expectation.
    It took about a week for the shard to fill up after I dropped my first test in.