About to start a new account? Check here for when to pop 28!

Replies

• Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    J7Luke wrote: »
    N5yhqEt.gif

Perhaps, @Woodroward, the players who "started playing" before you did not enter arena until the same time you did. Remember, arena shards are based on when you enter arena, not when your account is created.

The reason I remember the guy who runs my shard chat from the beginning of the shard is because he was #1 when I opened it the first day I started playing it and he was level 40. He's not the only one in shard that started playing in November. I started at rank 15000 but climbed to the top 100 in a week or two, and got to 85 a week or two after most of the guys who started in November (except the Krakens of course) most of whom I also remember fighting before I switched to droids about a month in. I remember because I was proud to be fighting guys that were higher levels than me and beating them.
  • Options
    This is what it sounds like when nerds cry
  • Options
    @Brother_Ezekiel @PoeticJumpshot3 Arena 12553 at 2:20pm UTC
  • Options
    Thanks conde much appreciated!
  • DarthZannaH
    577 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    @Woodroward I do scouting all the time and it's always in the same arena until it fills up to 20.000 and it's linear, not random.

This week I made 3 accounts and they are in the same arena (check top5, same guys). Last year I did a couple of hoarded accounts for guildies, and yep, same thing, same arena.

So no, it's not RNG, and no, it's not 20k players a day. The numbers right now are 120/hour so around 2.8~3k players / day. Each shard of 20k is filling up in about a week.

I can start taking screens of my scouting and put them all in imgur to end this discussion.

You completely derailed the thread and is flooding it with wrong information.
    Do or do not...
  • Options
    @Woodroward I do scouting all the time and it's always in the same arena until it fills up to 20.000 and it's linear, not random.

This week I made 3 accounts and they are in the same arena (check top5, same guys). Last year I did a couple of hoarded accounts for guildies, and yep, same thing, same arena.

So no, it's not RNG, and no, it's not 20k players a day. The numbers right now are 120/hour so around 2.8~3k players / day. Each shard of 20k is filling up in about a week.

I can start taking screens of my scouting and put them all in imgur to end this discussion.

You completely derailed the thread and is flooding it with wrong information.

There was nothing wrong about my information. I don't really care what your results are. Explain my situation or refrain from trying to tell me I'm wrong.
  • Options
    Woodroward wrote: »

There was nothing wrong about my information. I don't really care what your results are. Explain my situation or refrain from trying to tell me I'm wrong.

I feel like your situation is pretty easily explained by the exact reason this thread exists.

I have been hoarding an account for a few weeks. I'm saving up tons of energy and shards, but I have specifically not leveled enough to be put into an arena shard yet. Once I am "ready", I'll drop 300 sim tickets at once, hit 40, and only then join the newest shard. I will be playing with mostly brand new accounts, even though I started weeks or months before them.

The leader on your shard who started weeks before you? He could easily have done the exact same thing.

How does this relate to this entire thread? I don't want to make my big push when the newest shard already has 15,000 people and was created several days ago. The leaders would have already eaten several hundreds or thousands of crystals in the arena an my headstart would be diminished as I spent days trying to climb the ladder. To prevent this, I do 2 things: I watch threads like this, and I make new accounts to speed level to 28 to see how the shard is doing.

I have made well over 2 dozen accounts in the past few months. Every single one drops into the exact same shard with the exact same arena leaders. Each time I jump in, I start at a progressively higher arena rank (I don't bother actually playing any arena battles, I just care where I start) until I get very close to rank 20,000. The next character then starts at a low rank on a brand new shard, although the low rank spots definitely fill much faster. I have never, with any of my characters, seen any deviation from this. I have also checked multiple times by getting a few characters to level 27, waiting with them, and then hitting 28 with them in the reverse order of when they were created. It always follows the pattern where hitting 28 dictates when they join the shard, NOT the date I made the character.

I also did this way back about a year ago. Shards filled much, much faster, and characters were put in at level 8. I could create three characters in the same week and have them all join different shards, because they simply filled up that fast. However, if I made them fast enough, it still followed the pattern where characters would all join the same shard with progressively higher starting ranks until I got close to that 20,000 Mark.

Now it's possible that every single one of my characters worked this exact same way, and so did every single one of DarthZannah's, and so did everyone else who follows this system, but for some reason you and your friend had it happen in a different way. I can't prove that isn't true. I will, however, continue to stick with this method that has not failed me over dozens of attempts. I will also continue to collaborate with others. And since that is the reason this thread was created, it would be nice if that was what the conversation here remained.
  • Ral
    54 posts Member
    Options
    Back to what this thread is for, any news or speculation which day the new shard opens? The 31st still the target day?
  • condeducao
    48 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    @Ral I think Oct/29th or 30th (Sunday/Monday) I will send a scout tomorrow and check. Yesterday was at 12k. So probably it's 14~15k today, tomorrow will be 17k, and sunday 19k~20k. So monday 30th is a safe bet.
    Post edited by condeducao on
  • Ral
    54 posts Member
    Options
    Ahh nice alrighty thank you.
  • Options
    Heads up everyone @Ral @PoeticJumpshot3 arena at 19.900, as of now UTC 4am.
  • Ral
    54 posts Member
    Options
    Oh so close! i'm not sure if i should keep saving energy or not and wait till december to start!!!
  • Ral
    54 posts Member
    Options
    I have another account to send in to check, how long should i wait? half an hour?
  • Options
    Its already past 2k for anyone who didnt get in already
  • Ral
    54 posts Member
    Options
    checking in, my burner account is ranked 4553 atm. May join the new shard this next time.
  • Options
    I am interested in knowing current rank so I can join next one, but do not have the ability to have dummy accounts since I am on a company phone. Thanks for any help
  • Ral
    54 posts Member
    Options
    I’m planning on leveling up another burner account soon, I’ll post here when I do.
  • Ral
    54 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    just entered in the shard, and its at 10,435. Maybe saturday or sunday the new shard opens?
  • Options
    @Ral Thanks for update... you are awesome!

• Options
    11.195 (UTC 11pm)
  • Options
    Shards' filling very quickly, somewhere on forum I've read that shards are filling very slowly, 1k per day.
    However, guys, If I buy a new phone until Sunday - I'm with you on next shard, we cam really cooperate with taking top and payouts :))
    Right now, pulling out chrom packs with hope for Baze/Wedge/Lando.
  • Options
    Now 14127 (UTC 2am)
  • Ral
    54 posts Member
    Options
    filling up faster than i expected!
  • Options
    I think Saturday is about right. 3k jump in about 24 hrs with 6k to go. Thanks for update condeducao. FYI I took an old phone and made a spare account and have it up to lvl 27 if we need help in the next two days!
  • Ral
    54 posts Member
    Options
    i'm working on another account to see the shard count as well.
  • Options
    Thank you all!
    So, in average, one shard fulls in one week.
  • Options
    Do we want to coordinate using our dummy accounts? If so let’s get a count of who has some. I have one.
  • Ral
    54 posts Member
    Options
    I have one ready as well, I plan on using it at 9 pm cst
  • Options
    Arena at 18.011 (UTC 13:30)
  • Options
    Thank for update @condeducao do you guys want me to do mine before @Ral or wait for his update? I can do it in 10 hrs, 8pm est?