Did not receive Wal-Mart / Google Play promotion

LordEmperor
8 posts Member
edited October 2017
  • Purchased a $10 gift card from Wal-Mart online.
  • Successfully redeemed on Google Play.
  • Successfully activated promotion - have confirmation e-mail and shows up in Google Play order history.
  • Google Play app crashed upon redemption.
  • No reward in-game.
  • Contacted Google support, confirmed order went through, did some basic troubleshooting at their request - clearing cache on Google Play and Google Services apps and restored purchases in-game.
  • Contacted EA support, three days later their response:
I am forwarding your issue to our developers .Although the support team can't make any changes directly, we are passing your feedback on to the game team to consider in future updates.

Moreover I value you as a player so I can add 200 crystals on your account please revert if you want it.

You've made a purchase from Electronic Arts on Google Play.

Order number: GPA.****-.****-.****-.*****
Order date: 3-Oct-2017 9:44:28 PDT AM
Item	Price
4*Scavenger Rey+750Crystals (Star Wars™: Galaxy of Heroes)	$7.50
Reward: 4*Scavenger Rey+750Crystals	-$7.50
Tax: $0.00
Total: $0.00
Payment method:	
Google Play balance

Replies

• Options
    Hey, they only offered me 100 crystals for inconvenience and said they couldn't give more! (same prob, see diff thread)
  • Options
    Hey, they only offered me 100 crystals for inconvenience and said they couldn't give more! (same prob, see diff thread)

That's crazy. All we want is what we "paid" for.
  • LordEmperor
    8 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    EA support's latest response after a bit of back-and-forth during which they asked me for the same screenshots, order numbers and information I already provided.

I guess this is good for anyone else who is wondering exactly how to redeem this promotion when it works correctly.

Still do not have what I paid for though.
    Thank you for writing us back.

Please let me inform you that Beginning October 1st, players can get a SW:GoH gift when player buy and redeem a Google Play gift card. This campaign starts in Walmart on October 1 expands to a couple other retailers through October before going wide on November 1. There are 3 different tiers per country that we're participating in. Depending on what tier the player buys into and redeems, they'll then receive a free gift from SWGOH. If the player does not have SWGOH installed, they'll receive a prompt in the store to install the game. If they already have the game installed, they receive a prompt to open/update the game.

Once the player launches the app after redeeming the code, they're automatically granted the character shards (+bonus crystals and credits for some tiers, this will be noted in the player's redemption message). Rey is given as shards, then activates at 4 Stars. If the gift was for a higher-star character, the player can then promote her normally using the rest of the shards and credits given. Each tier of gift card can be redeemed for the gift up to 3 times, after which they will not receive additional gifts for that tier/purchase amount.
  • Options
    @LordEmperor check out my thread (i'll sumarize here) someone said use an emulater and only connect the 1 account, this worked for me, hope it does for u 2