Thrawn event needs fixed!

2Next

Replies

• Options
    I used Sabine. It's not impossible I've read a bunch of post about not using chopper. My Chopper was fractured and then killed almost immediately and I only had three characters left at the end of the battle so I wasn't benefiting from his Omega anyways. Try switching things around making some characters faster than others. Eventually you'll find the right match
  • Options
    Finally got 7* today using Hera G9, Ezra & Chopper G8, Zeb & Kanan G7. All basics and uniques omegaed. Took a lot of tries as I didn't want to do a lot of mod swapping. Only got it when I gave Ezra all my Wedges mods (rock star mods with high speeds). Hera a speed arrow only other with speed arrow. No big speed secondaries on the rest. Instead, protection mains and mods with high protection secondaries. Zeb a potency main cross. Basically everyone got very nice mods that had little to no speed in favour for high protection besides Ezra. Was annoying, but it did the trick with a bit of good RNG in the Thrawn round.

Calling Zeb on assists for possible stuns was pretty key. And getting Chopper's taunt up to take the first fracture then getting backup plan on him after.
  • Options
    Finally got 7* today using Hera G9, Ezra & Chopper G8, Zeb & Kanan G7. All basics and uniques omegaed. Took a lot of tries as I didn't want to do a lot of mod swapping. Only got it when I gave Ezra all my Wedges mods (rock star mods with high speeds). Hera a speed arrow only other with speed arrow. No big speed secondaries on the rest. Instead, protection mains and mods with high protection secondaries. Zeb a potency main cross. Basically everyone got very nice mods that had little to no speed in favour for high protection besides Ezra. Was annoying, but it did the trick with a bit of good RNG in the Thrawn round.

Calling Zeb on assists for possible stuns was pretty key. And getting Chopper's taunt up to take the first fracture then getting backup plan on him after.

Congratulations man. I was pretty stoked when I got my thrawn also. Probably the hardest I've worked for character in the game so far but it feels good to have gotten him.
  • Options
    ExSoldier wrote: »
    It appears that we are playing two different games. On all events the whales or the long time players state that we had that many months ahead to prepare for it, but they forget that in every month there are events. For some we get prepared, for others we don't. Advises like get better mods or gear them up are just trolling. Like we would not mod or gear them more if we could. The strategy is there and is NRG dependant. Of course we could beat the event with the best gear and mods, overriding the "bad NRG" with brute force and tanking, but this is not an event just for top players or for throwing money away, or is it!?

I’m a long time F2P player. Yes there are events every month. You will never get a legendary character first time out unless you either spend money, or get lucky and have farmed the team needed for that toon.

Best advice I found was if you want a legendary toon, focus on the team needed for him and only that team.

You can’t farm a team for 1 month and expect to get a legendary character without spending money. 2 months minimum.

And find a good guild that raids a lot so you can get more guild tokens and raid only gear.
  • Options
    **** is with this event, I see so many post about people beating 7* with a weaker team then what I have and I haven’t come close to beating this event. I don’t have godly mods because I haven’t had time to farm them with so many things to get. 62.5k team, with level 8 or higher and I haven’t even been able to kill more than 4 of the 6 characters in stage 4. Thrawns fracture is distorying me. So people can say I suck and don’t know what I’m doing all they want but this challenge is pretty hard. For those that beat 7* on the second try with a crappier team then me, congrats, but I’d say you got extremely lucky, i’ve run 7* over 100 times and I haven’t gotten anywhere!
  • Options
    Dramgon wrote: »
    **** is with this event, I see so many post about people beating 7* with a weaker team then what I have and I haven’t come close to beating this event. I don’t have godly mods because I haven’t had time to farm them with so many things to get. 62.5k team, with level 8 or higher and I haven’t even been able to kill more than 4 of the 6 characters in stage 4. Thrawns fracture is distorying me. So people can say I suck and don’t know what I’m doing all they want but this challenge is pretty hard. For those that beat 7* on the second try with a crappier team then me, congrats, but I’d say you got extremely lucky, i’ve run 7* over 100 times and I haven’t gotten anywhere!
    that’s my point man this event is bugged or something it’s not the same for everyone at all

• Options

Have you tried changing your mods up? Changing the speed of different characters so they go in certain orders. If your order is wrong, then it can wreck havoc. I just did it with Ezra G9 and the rest G8 and no Omegas in 5 tries. If something isn't working, you need to change things up.
  • Options
    Goobs wrote: »

Have you tried changing your mods up? Changing the speed of different characters so they go in certain orders. If your order is wrong, then it can wreck havoc. I just did it with Ezra G9 and the rest G8 and no Omegas in 5 tries. If something isn't working, you need to change things up.

^THIS^
  • Options
    I reworked my mods added protection and speed where I could still hasn’t helped yet I taunt with Chopper and he get 3 shot, tried a few different combos I only have 1-30 speed health arrow, the game hates me when it comes to good mods. The problem I’m having is some people post gear 8 with crap mods or none, I’ve moved all my best mods and spent 5 million credits leveling others. So either I’m doing it all wrong or the RNG hates me.
  • Options
    I wouldn’t post a discouraging post before trying what others have said. I’ve seen to many people get torn a new one by complaining first, I am venting but I have actually watched videos and read comments and it still hasn’t gotten me to 5 characters standing with only Thrawn left.
  • Options

I have changed all my mods at least a dozen times every time I dispel the taunt he immediately gets the taunt back again and I get crushed
  • Options
    It appears that we are playing two different games. On all events the whales or the long time players state that we had that many months ahead to prepare for it, but they forget that in every month there are events. For some we get prepared, for others we don't. Advises like get better mods or gear them up are just trolling. Like we would not mod or gear them more if we could. The strategy is there and is NRG dependant. Of course we could beat the event with the best gear and mods, overriding the "bad NRG" with brute force and tanking, but this is not an event just for top players or for throwing money away, or is it!?

I’m a long time F2P player. Yes there are events every month. You will never get a legendary character first time out unless you either spend money, or get lucky and have farmed the team needed for that toon.

Best advice I found was if you want a legendary toon, focus on the team needed for him and only that team.

You can’t farm a team for 1 month and expect to get a legendary character without spending money. 2 months minimum.

And find a good guild that raids a lot so you can get more guild tokens and raid only gear.

If I would farm a team for one month I wouldn't have that team at 7* gear 8.
    The "money" thing tell's all. Happy spending and from time to time come by and lecture us about us not being prepared.
  • Options

The "money" thing tell's all. Happy spending and from time to time come by and lecture us about us not being prepared.
    I farmed for close to three I think to get them all leveled and geared
  • Options
    D_Nemes1s wrote: »
    I have changed all my mods at least a dozen times every time I dispel the taunt he immediately gets the taunt back again and I get crushed

I don't think I've had the taunter ever instantly taunt again. One time I dispelled the taunt with Chopper and he taunted again pretty quick and wiped me out, but when I did it with Ezra the next time, it didn't. It's not the easiest thing to do, but try and get Ezra to go first or second coming into the final round.

Now I don't know what your mods look like, but I stacked Chopper and Kanan pretty heavy with protection and a decent amount of speed. Whomever I was taunting with, I also gave them defense up from Kanan and Zeb and Backup Plan. My final time, I lost Chopper twice, but he lasted a longer time with it.
  • Options
    The only change they made was to make him prioritize Fracture over his cleanse which he already did in the event last time (I got him to 6* last time the event came through).

I used my arena mods last time and this time I didn't. I omega'd all uniques and increased the gear levels on Ezra and Sabine.

Beat it first try.

It's definitely not harder.
  • Options
    D_Nemes1s wrote: »

I don't think I've had the taunter ever instantly taunt again. One time I dispelled the taunt with Chopper and he taunted again pretty quick and wiped me out, but when I did it with Ezra the next time, it didn't. It's not the easiest thing to do, but try and get Ezra to go first or second coming into the final round.

Now I don't know what your mods look like, but I stacked Chopper and Kanan pretty heavy with protection and a decent amount of speed. Whomever I was taunting with, I also gave them defense up from Kanan and Zeb and Backup Plan. My final time, I lost Chopper twice, but he lasted a longer time with it.
    Looking back now Sabine was basically a wasted investment I really should have gone with chopper I guess I will have to wait for next time and farm chopper
  • Options

Don’t know what you think I meant by F2P, but that means “Free to Play”. I don’t spend money on the game.

I am a long time player like one of your options said (either whale or long time player). I was just offering up the advice I thought would be helpful.

I never said you weren’t prepared. I offered advice that has worked for me to help you get prepared for legendary events. I did say if you don’t spend money on the game (like me) you will NEVER get a legendary toon on the initial release unless you got lucky farming the characters needed. I didn’t get Thrawn 4 months ago. I did now. Without spending any money. I have a great guild that raids a lot so I get the raid only gear too.

Just because you seem to be bitter about the difficulty of the event, don’t take it out on me.