Anyone "farming" (scraping) the Millennium Falcon from the hard node?

Prev1
RyloKen
24 posts Member
edited October 2017
First of all, I think we can all agree that calling something that's only F2P obtainable from a single hard node "farmable" a stretch. I'd consider it to be "scrapable" now.

That being said, has anyone here started going for it? It's a very long investment for a single ship. I'm sure it's great, but there's a few things keeping me back from scraping it:

1) There will probably be a new Millennium Falcon next April or May with Han and Chewie (for the Han Solo movie), which I would much rather have over this one.

2) The time commitment. How long is it going to take to 7* this thing? 8 months? 10 months? A year? I could really use that energy for gear and other characters.

3) Would it really be a game changer in Fleet Arena? I'm sure some of the few whales who bought it would say it's the best ship ever, but by the time I could use it in arena it could already be outshined by other ships, such as the Han Solo version of the Falcon.

Replies

• Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Yep. 12/80 now until unlock.

Just farm the five battles on the one node everyday and forget about it. It will pay off. FOST, FOTP, and 7* BB8 says Hi. :)
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I’m farming it and will eventually unlock it. Slow and steady. 22/80 so far.
  • Faroer
    246 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    It is good to have robust discussions about the pros and cons of putting limited resources towards longer verses shorter farms in this game. I hope this post stays.

To the OP, I'd say don't forget about TB platoons. Falc is a make or break some days. Better if more people have it. Plus, TLJ = more FO and resistance stuff = possible light side legendary event.

It's only a little energy a day, prob not a "bad" use of resources.

Still plugging away at baze and shore here lol. Focusing a few hard nodes keeps the game simple and fast in some ways.
  • Options
    Faroer wrote: »
    It is good to have robust discussions about the pros and cons of putting limited resources towards longer verses shorter farms in this game. I hope this post stays.

To the OP, I'd say don't forget about TB platoons. Falc is a make or break some days. Better if more people have it. Plus, TLJ = more FO and resistance stuff = possible light side legendary event.

It's only a little energy a day, prob not a "bad" use of resources.

Still plugging away at baze and shore here lol. Focusing a few hard nodes keeps the game simple and fast in some ways.

Yeah, I'm salty that I had to post this 3 times. You make a good point about platoons, so maybe I should just start working on it.
  • Options
    I think tie reaper would be more useful. One of the few toons that can slow down an enemies capital ship
  • Options
    Just find it strange that they the previously 3 unfarmable ships out but made the 2 dark side ones the hardest to obtain. As of yet I have not been able to 3 star either of the 2 9 nodes they are in but have the blaze and Kennic ones 3 starred. Go figure
  • Options
    I'm a masochist so I'm just farming it so i can stare are the wrong pilots and be mad
  • Options
    I'm working on it slowly but surely. I'm at 10/80 right now and I figure this way, it gives me small amounts of shard shop currency on those pulls that give me Rey in addition to the Falcon. I'm mostly farming it for platoons since my guild pretty much always gets at least one Falcon over a TB run. And...the pilots are two of my better characters so that'll help also. xD
  • Options
    Yeah I'm farming it. I don't have Rey unlocked either right now so its kind of nice double dipping a node like that.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    One hard node is still ftp. Myself and many others have 7* bazes and have never spent a dime
  • Options
    DatBoi wrote: »
    One hard node is still ftp. Myself and many others have 7* bazes and have never spent a dime

But not solely through farming though. That's what the OP is referring too.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    you have no idea how much i dislike hard node farms in general, specially those with only 1 node. Using resources wich could benefit you 6 months from now, but could just as easily be a total waste, is not something i like in a game. Heck, i don't even know if i'll still be playing by then.
    On top of that, i've already got rey 7 stars and the gear in the falcon node is not worth mentioning. So no, i'm not farming the falcon.
    edit: censor can't handle "em ef" haha.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • RyloKen
    24 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Winstar wrote: »
    Yep. 12/80 now until unlock.

Just farm the five battles on the one node everyday and forget about it. It will pay off. FOST, FOTP, and 7* BB8 says Hi. :)

My 7* BB8 says hi back! Those were a lot more bearable for me than someone like Krennic, because they were at least in 2 hard nodes that I used (got 7* FOTP in December, and 7* FOST in the spring). Reading the other responses here, I think it would be a good idea to hold my nose and just start going for the Episode 7 Falcon :p
  • Options
    Yup, I'm farming Both Falcon and Shuttle from 0 through the hard nodes. Averaging 2 shards a day.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Melvil
    242 posts Member
    Options
    Not Yet, but planing to start soon :)
  • Options
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    DatBoi wrote: »

But not solely through farming though. That's what the OP is referring too.

Yep! I know it's ftp now and I'm not disputing that, but I'm calling it scrapable rather than farmable. Baze was at least in the shard shop for a while and has been in shipments for several months, and also has a hard node. So far, the Millennium Falcon just has a single hard node (correct me if I'm wrong).
  • Options
    Yes, farming all the ships they just added to hard nodes and it’s slow. I already have the toons on those nodes 7* which seem to drop more frequently for me, but hey it’s shard shop currency.
    Falcon 9/80
    Shuttle 9/80
    Reaper 14/50
  • RyloKen
    24 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    HyperCalm1 wrote: »
    Reaper 14/50

Guess my rng has been a fancy kitten since they added them. I've been farming Shoretrooper from his hard node for 5 months and only have 5 Reaper shards so far.

Post edited by Kyno on
  • Options
    Yea I’m picking up reaper and falcon. Reaper is obviously gonna be awesome for awhile. I just want the falcon cuz it’s the coolest ship
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Options
    My Resistance Trooper is 78/100 and Nihilus is 68/100. Until they're done my hard node farming is spoken for.

Wouldn't mind the falcon. Not sure it's the best use of my resources though.
  • Options
    I probably will soon, but not yet. Too much other important stuff right now with all the panic farming happening and doing a node refresh on the Phoenix ships.

My Nihlus is at 75/100, so once that's done will definitely be farming it, as well as the other dark side ships (I've never farmed shore, so that feels like a win now).

Plus, like someone else mentioned, shard currency from Rey is nice, and I'm burning thru mine way to fast.
  • Options
    Yep. I've maxed it every day since it opened. Sitting at 8 shards and planning to keep with it.
  • Options
    Hmm, four days in and I have 11 shards. At this rate I'll be done in about 4 months. I expect it'll be closer to 5 months though, since RNG can bounce around.
  • Options
    skeptical on farming command ship with Kylo getting a brand new tie fighter in the last jedi so just the other 2 for me
  • Options
    RyloKen wrote: »
    Reaper 14/50

Guess my rng has been **** since they added them. I've been farming Shoretrooper from his hard node for 5 months and only have 5 Reaper shards so far.

I think I’ve gotten 8 Reaper shards from the military might event so just 6 shards from node farming.
    https://swgoh.gg/db/events/military-might-assault-battles/
  • Options
    I just finished baze, finally. Now can proceed to this node.
  • Options
    An interesting addendum question is this: Is anyone planning to devote 50 crystals per day to halve the time it takes to unlock him?
  • Options
    Napoli wrote: »
    An interesting addendum question is this: Is anyone planning to devote 50 crystals per day to halve the time it takes to unlock him?

Him as in the Falcon? Haha I probably won't bother but I'm sure some definitely will.
  • Options
    RyloKen wrote: »
    Reaper 14/50

Guess my rng has been **** since they added them. I've been farming Shoretrooper from his hard node for 5 months and only have 5 Reaper shards so far.

I think I’ve gotten 8 Reaper shards from the military might event so just 6 shards from node farming.
    https://swgoh.gg/db/events/military-might-assault-battles/

Ok that sounds more realistic! Someone else posted here they were at something like 15 already so they must've gotten lucky with the recent Military Mights.