Anyone "farming" (scraping) the Millennium Falcon from the hard node?

2Next

Replies

• Options
    RyloKen wrote: »
    Napoli wrote: »
    An interesting addendum question is this: Is anyone planning to devote 50 crystals per day to halve the time it takes to unlock him?

Him as in the Falcon? Haha I probably won't bother but I'm sure some definitely will.

Yes. Force of habit referring to "him." I'm not planning on spending the crystals either. However, I am going to be spending 50/day this week on Phantom trying to get my last 30 shards for the sixth star before the Chimera event is gone.
  • Options
    I am. But I'm not really serious about it yet--I'm doing Baze (40/85), Nihilus (73/100), and Hoth Rebel Soldier (71/100) so that's a helluva lot of energy per day, and I still need bits of gear. So I do a couple sims each day with leftover energy, but once I finish Nihilus or the Soldier I'll get serious and do the full five per day.

It'll be a long farm, but it's always going to be a long farm. The sooner I start, the sooner I finish.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    STRYKER667 wrote: »
    Just find it strange that they the previously 3 unfarmable ships out but made the 2 dark side ones the hardest to obtain. As of yet I have not been able to 3 star either of the 2 9 nodes they are in but have the blaze and Kennic ones 3 starred. Go figure
    Actually, to be honest with you, I think the command shuttle is the best farm. They stuck each ship on a node with one of the needed pilots (TIE Reaper on Shoretrooper, Falcon on Rey, Shuttle on FOST. Cassian has no farmable pilots, so they put it in Cantina.) but if you look at the gear that drops along with each ship, the shuttle is the best of them.

Rey's node drops nothing useful, Shoretrooper nothing useful, but you always need more mk4 laptops and mk7 Shield Generators. I forget ow hard 9A light was, but I know I was able to clear it months before I was able to clear 9B, so it can't have been that bad!
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    Myself and a couple more in my guild are farming them for TB. I want to see if the Star Destroyer in phase 6 crashes.
  • Options
    An interesting addendum question is this: Is anyone planning to devote 50 crystals per day to halve the time it takes to unlock him?

Nope. With the drop rate as bad as it is, I feel like those 50 crystals are useful elsewhere.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Options
    You have to do 5 hard mode battles for your daily, so why not?
  • TVF
    36630 posts Member
    Options
    Because there are so many other hard nodes I need to farm.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Wil
    140 posts Member
    Options
    Lebronaims wrote: »
    I'm a masochist so I'm just farming it so i can stare are the wrong pilots and be mad

Ha! Are you suggesting that Finn isn't the first Millennium Falcon pilot that pops in your head!? How silly.
  • Options
    Every journey begins with one step.
    Just like toons get reworked, so can ships. Maybe there will be a new falcon , maybe not , we don't know. Hard nodes are annoying but a fact of life, so in the words of shawshank redemption, "get busy living or get busy dying"
    I am farming all the new hard nodes ships. I don't want to be surprised by a new legendary event.
    I finished dn, baze , shoretrooper. I am 93/100 for krennic. Started farming him when he became hard node.
    So it will take a year. .. I rather start sooner than later. So again yes, I'll get busy living and start the long farm of kylo shuttle , falcon , reaper.
    Once I have urururu and lobot all farmed to 7* ill be finished with all hard nodes only toons. Yippee.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Optimus11 wrote: »
    Just like toons get reworked, so can ships. Maybe there will be a new falcon , maybe not , we don't know. Hard nodes are annoying but a fact of life, so in the words of shawshank redemption, "get busy living or get busy dying"
    I am farming all the new hard nodes ships. I don't want to be surprised by a new legendary event.
    I finished dn, baze , shoretrooper. I am 93/100 for krennic. Started farming him when he became hard node.
    So it will take a year. .. I rather start sooner than later. So again yes, I'll get busy living and start the long farm of kylo shuttle , falcon , reaper.
    Once I have urururu and lobot all farmed to 7* ill be finished with all hard nodes only toons. Yippee.

Dang, that's commitment!
    How do you ballance farming gear with farming that many hard nodes for an extended period of time though?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    I started reaper with 12 prints, only a dozen or so away now. I'm farming falcon on the side also, but its not at the top of my energy 0priority list by any means.
  • Options
    I'm super mad about Kylo's shuttle. It's great the way they have set it up for new players but I just got done w/ FOST and now I will have to start over just for Kylo. I'd be happy if they rotate these in the fleet store w/ the other ships. It seems like a penalty for existing players who already farmed this node.
  • TeshKarhann
    45 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options

Yep. At 20 something shards right now. The question for me is does it have a place in fleet arena? I have G11 Rey and Finn so I want it real bad. I think under Tarkin it might make a good reinforcement. If Falcon throws up its buffs in its first move, with retribution, every time it gets attacked, the attacker gets target locked, and Falcon counters 3 or 4 times (65% chance for four times), for three different attackers. Or it gets ignored and can do a massive AoE. Or you know Ahsoka comes along and dispels it lol. Or scimitar TLs and Fives dispels.

It's a weak ship overall too, I would love to see it in arena though.
    Post edited by TeshKarhann on
  • condeducao
    48 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I'm doing 3 refreshes (energy / node) to sim 20x / day. Doing it for Platoons only. Ship sucks in arena.
  • Options
    Have you seen it in arena?
  • Options
    Have you seen it in arena?

Falcon is terrible in arena.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Options
    leef wrote: »

Dang, that's commitment!
    How do you ballance farming gear with farming that many hard nodes for an extended period of time though?

I don't farm gear at all. I used to use arena crystals 400-500 daily plus the daily sub that was discontinued to buy gear from shimpment and now shard shop. This new fleet crystals is just superb , I can add 375-400 crystals daily to my gear shopping budget
  • Options
    CaptainRex wrote: »

Just because of the low speed and health? Can we elaborate a little? I don't doubt that it's awful in arena, I just want to make sure I'm not missing anything.
  • Options
    Wil wrote: »
    I'm a masochist so I'm just farming it so i can stare are the wrong pilots and be mad

Ha! Are you suggesting that Finn isn't the first Millennium Falcon pilot that pops in your head!? How silly.

No lando
  • Options
    leef wrote: »

Dang, that's commitment!

most of those hard nodes drop decent gear
  • Options
    CaptainRex wrote: »

Just because of the low speed and health? Can we elaborate a little? I don't doubt that it's awful in arena, I just want to make sure I'm not missing anything.

reverse thrusters is only good if u're not getting hit. with horrible speed, u're gonna get all 3 buffs gone before ur next turn.
  • Options
    Wil wrote: »

No lando

Lame. You should have said Nien Nunb