Thrawn event is a colossal waste of time

2Next

Replies

• Options
    True. There is no point arguing when you're wrong.
  • snowhut
    290 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Yeah, it can definitely be a huge waste of time. Given two players with equivalent gear, mods, and strategy, player one might finish after 2 attempts and player two might finish after 200. Huge waste of time for player two because RNG is the ultimate determining factor of success at the minimum recommended team strength.
  • Lekrom1982
    343 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    They could at least eliminate the useless tier 1-3. Talk about wasting time.

this would make you eat dirt even more against Thrawn and his cronies.

you need those tiers to build up the offense stack on Ezra's shared unique to be able to take out the mean toons in Thrawn's node...
  • Options
    Liath wrote: »
    You are obviously struggling with this concept.

1.) Take a gray mod with no secondary stat.
    2.) Upgrade said mod to lvl 3. It will turn green a secondary stat will appear . Cost is $14,750 credits.
    3.) If that secondary stat that has now appeared is speed, upgrade again.

If you do that. The speed that appears at level 3 CANNOT UPGRADE AGAIN. That's how mod works. You get a secondary at levels 3, 6, 9, and 12. Every mod must have 4 secondaries at level 12. That means that if you don't start out with any secondaries at level 1, no secondary can hit more than once. You cannot get speed for the first time at level 3 and then have it go up again.

You are the one struggling with the concept, not me.

He’s a lil kid. ALL GREY MODS Start with NO SECONDARY!
  • Options

Good point. I was ranting at the time. Once I found that speed kills it went a lot smoother.

Oh if it only was all speed

I had to try at least 30-40 times and my speeds were between 180 - 225 (zeb, ezra, hera, chopper), only Kanan was slow on purpose.
  • Options
    Here's another trick in light of today's credit heist. Upgrade gray mods to lvl 3 (green). When a speed secondary shows up, upgrade it. Sell back those you don't want.

Don't do this. This isn't how mods work. Watch Warrior's video.
  • Options
    There are some really dumb people posting here.

What the guy is saying is this:

A grey mod has no secondaries.

He upgrades this mod to level 3 to see what secondary appears.

If a speed secondary appears, he will then upgrade that mod to 15.

At no point does he say the speed secondary itself will upgrade further.

He is upgrading the mod, not the speed secondary.

Brainless.
  • Krjstoff
    633 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I don't know what people expected ... to win easily?

I did it with Ezra G10, Hera, Zeb, Chopper and Kanan G8.
    All level 80. Abilities maxed on Ezra, Omega on all leader/uniques, omega on a couple of other abilities, no zetas. Mods were good - and lots of speed.

And no, I didn't win because of good RNG.
    I won because I prepared for the event, and didn't try to settle with the weakest possible team for the job.

At this point you should expect end game content to be pretty hard to get.
    So, of course you need lvl 80+ toons, of course you're not going to auto-win with G7 toons, of course you need good mods to win, and of course you need omega abilities to win.

I fail to see how this can be a surprise to people.

It is more than doable if you make the effort - but make no mistake, it DOES take effort, and no, you won't be able to farm or gear 5 other toons at the same time.

Stop crying, and start grinding and preparing for the next time.

Post edited by Krjstoff on
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Ciel_6 wrote: »
    There are some really dumb people posting here.

What the guy is saying is this:

A grey mod has no secondaries.

He upgrades this mod to level 3 to see what secondary appears.

If a speed secondary appears, he will then upgrade that mod to 15.

He is upgrading the mod, not the speed secondary.

Brainless.

He said he took a grey mod to +10 speed. He's wrong because that's not possible.

You can't get a grey mod to give a speed secondary of +10 with just one upgrade.

And you can't take a grey mod and get a secondary stat to upgrade twice.

So he's wrong. End of story.

I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • jhbuchholz
    1966 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Ciel_6 wrote: »
    Correction it was +10 not 12. However I've only upgraded to lvl 12.

It was a health data bus (circle) and most definitely a secondary. Can't remember what the initial speed was when I upgraded to level 3 (when 1 secondary appears). Think it might have been six to start with. However after upgrading to lvl12 it jumped to +10. Definitely more than 6.

Looks to me like he said the speed secondary will upgrade further.
  • Options
    How old does a post have to be to be considered a necromancy?
  • Options
    *Collects tears of despair.*
  • Options
    It's not just omegas, gear, mods and RNG, it's strategy. It's not as simple as "Kill DTs first, Thrawn last". What is going to help your chances immensely is if you can time Zeb's Staggering Sweep when Thrawn is close to full turn meter so that another character can hit him and effectively cause him to lose a turn. He's the real danger in this group so he has to be neutralized as much as possible while you take out his minions.

Your goal should be to ensure he takes as few turns as possible and if properly timed Sweeps can reduce his turns in the encounter by even two, then you've given yourself a far greater chance of beating him.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    How old does a post have to be to be considered a necromancy?

I don't know, but necroing a thread in order to call other people brainless when he didn't even understand what was being posted about might be hilarious enough to let it slide.
  • Options
    Thrawn event gave me Thrawn. I certainly don’t see that as “a colossal waste of time”.
  • Options
    I mean... I got Thrawn to 7* with all my phoenix being Gear 7, no Sabine.

The real trick is to max their abilities, aside from any zetas. The uniques matter most to max first, since they're shared.
    "You demand a simple answer, refusing to look for it within. That is the essence of your failure." -Valkorion, the Immortal Emperor
  • Options
    One of the key point is Ezra speed. Assign the best on Ezra. The faster Ezra gets turns, the faster the whole team will get to +40% attack (assuming Ezra unique is Omega'ed).