The day my GW streak ended

Hello guys,

I have a bad news... Remember the time I said I can make any GW, well that's over and here's why..

Hope this is a bug or something because the pain of not getting them rewards is one I can't bear.

He is my opposing team.

G0TNQff.png

These are my available chars...

Note that being 5 levels bellow has a great impact on buffs.. debuffs

z38qulF.png

I'm willing to try anything and will be greatful for a good tip.
Follow on twitter, Subscribe to my channel , 10$ free giveaway here

Replies

• l3end3r
    895 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Team doesn't look horrendous, but I understand they're a little higher on levels. Get QGJ to purple gear asap.

Today I faced a full 7*, lvl 70 max gear: QGJ(lead), Rey, GS, Poe, Dooku, so I promise it can and will get harder

Try switching up leaders and I'd focus Lumi down with QGJ, Sid and Dooku before she pops anything. Then take down Dooku or GS and time it so Bariss cant get her heal off

You could also send in a suicide squad to make Lumi and GS waste their hard hitting skills from you main swuad
  • Options
    Yea it doesn't make sense how they generate battles. It's evident that they don't intend for you to win every day.
  • Options
    I can deal with same level or one level above but 5... it's insane.. and 7 stared fully gear.. it's pointless
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options
    Be glad it's only 5 levels higher. Back then when I had problems with GW the enemies were at least 15 levels higher and purple geared.
  • Options
    what's your highest ever arena rank?

my highest ever arena rank was 194. The hardest teams I have faced have been squads of four lvl 70's at 7 stars with purple gear with the fifth being a 5 or 6 star. My current team is all 6 star with purple gear at level 68-69. The last node I face seems to always be a lvl 70 player with 64-66 characters in purple gear. It makes me glad I haven't tried to make an arena run for top 50.

My only advice is to get your characters closer to the level max and get your player level to 70 as fast as possible. GW's will be easier at that point. I did struggle with completing them when my characters were mid 60's.
  • Options
    The only way is to take down Sid in turn 1 then GS the next turn the last 3 just slowly play ard with their health so they heal on their respective turns for you to cd your skills

1)To take down Sid you need fast chars: Sid, dooku and OGJ as leader. OGJ might miss but hopeful your assist can hit, dooku can hit second time on Sid's aoe

2)GS will then use assist and see where it hit, if the char at that spot dies (e.g dooku), restart the match and swap a tougher char to the spot that can withstand the shot

3)lumi or JC then use heal and kill that GS when OGJ and Sid goes again. You can try stunning opponent lumi for dooku next turn

Alternatively you can use a suicide squat to adsorb GS assist shot but your dooku won't have a chance to count Sid and you might not be able to kill him in turn 1

Let me know how it goes. Good luck!
  • Options
    Wasnt able to finish GW coz i faced an all 7* max gear level 70 nightsister team w/ lumi and ventress as lead. I was level 67. Didnt even try fighting.
  • Options
    I will send a mid-level suicide squad maybe get a heal off
  • Options
    boy2sok wrote: »
    Wasnt able to finish GW coz i faced an all 7* max gear level 70 nightsister team w/ lumi and ventress as lead. I was level 67. Didnt even try fighting.

Lol? Nightsisters are just good in pve missions you can beat them quite easily.
    Tbh I dont see the ops team as a problem ive faced some worse teams when I was around lvl 54 or so.

I'd use some backup squads and get rid of Sids AoE first. Then focus GS down, not that hard. 2nd I would kill Sid to get rid of his heal block and then lumi. one by one you shoudlnt have that much of problem. Try to use some high dps guys to suicide and kill GS then it should all go its way.

What i realized is that you are in need of one high ds charakter such as GS/rey or other
  • Options
    Suicide squad, get at least one down. One high level squad. 5 toons. This is seriously not an unsurmountable wall.
  • Options
    Manage to pass it.. I used Phasma Leader, Dooku, NI, Sid, JC... I lost Dooku.. I still have Vader and Luminara but JC is pretty low now facing lvl 65 opponents with QGJ leader purple gear and all
  • Options
    This isn't that complicated. Your first squad, which should be wiped out by early round two, only goal is to have geo, lumi, and jc burn their assist/force wave specials. If Sid uses his that's fine but not necessary.

Your main team then focuses down geo, then Sid, then lumi or jc, then Bariss. Done.
  • Options
    eBitzu wrote: »
    Manage to pass it.. I used Phasma Leader, Dooku, NI, Sid, JC... I lost Dooku.. I still have Vader and Luminara but JC is pretty low now facing lvl 65 opponents with QGJ leader purple gear and all

Good for you, didn't use a suicide squad? I always try to keep Daka, Dooku and Lumi until the end. Rest can all die as assassins or cannon fodder.

After reaching 70, I rarely meet more than 2 teams at the same level. Easier for us level capped guys?
  • Options
    It's because i reached rank 186 in arena last night
  • Options
    eBitzu wrote: »
    It's because i reached rank 186 in arena last night

Umm, directed at me? Do you mean to say you got a difficult opponent because you made 186 in Arena? I'm always in top 50, highest top 5 and the other player in the house does top 10 regularly. She's lvl 64 and burns through GW with her droids and Lumi, JC subbing in whenever necessary.

I read about the difficulty rising in GW but I honestly don't see it with the 2 players in house. Only thing I can make out is other 60+ guys here on the forum seem to be getting lvl 70 opponents much more than me. I'm not sure how regularly it's happening because obviously no one is posting updates, just that one difficult day.
  • Options
    Yeah... this is what my first 30 or so GW looked like. Opposing teams that were 4+ levels higher than me. It sucks, because you have a hard time beating them even with a suicide squad.