mother talzin legendary?

123457Next

Replies

• Options
    I don't think it makes much sense to use separatist now before they get their rework. That will just make it harder to make money off their rework. We know they could make money by requiring NS.
  • Options
    Wedneaday credit heist and talzin event?
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • Options
    I don't think it makes much sense to use separatist now before they get their rework. That will just make it harder to make money off their rework. We know they could make money by requiring NS.
    Don’t think logic with this game
  • Options
    Chagoth wrote: »
    I've said it before and I will say it again: just the first season of The Clone Wars alone is roughly 243 times better than the prequels.

so true lol
  • scuba
    14078 posts Member
    Options
    There's always going to be valid arguments to both sides of it- but it can be anything devs decide. We ll find out hopefully Monday and get some ewoks released too. Personally- both factions ns and seps needed work on my side so it's a good excuse for me to do so. In the end they are all just platoon fodder.

Go away - you’re not using the internet properly...

You’re meant to have a dogmatic approach to your own opinion so that you present it as fact! Not this well reasoned, balanced, rubbish... :D

Sorry, talzin should be legendary unlock at 7* by ns because I have them closer to 7* than I do seps and I never bothered with gg. Hyperbole - ns will be the top of arena forever!

Excellent I love this idea! To kitten with all of you who didn't farm NS because they suck!
  • Options
    Roken_Fett wrote: »
    I get what the OP is saying. Vader, even with his Zeta isn’t even close to a top 5 toon in this game. Which he should be. And the Emperor has ZERO Zetas and had all but disappeared on my launch shard. Vader, too, to add.

Vader needs another Zeta and probably another powerful ability and needs to hit harder.

Palestine needs zetas too, not to mention synergy with Royal Guard.

Those are just two examples.

But the OP aid technically en pointe with this.

Thrawn was/is a beast though, so I have no problem with him being powerful.

I must disagree sir, if Palestine got a zeta things would be even worse in the Middle East :p
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Palestine needs zetas too, not to mention synergy with Royal Guard.

Palestine can only get a zeta if EVERYONE can use it, or NOONE can use it.

;)
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • Options
    Fauztin wrote: »
    Palestine needs zetas too...

What the hell?!?!?? One is a joke the other is a Samsung spell check issue. But seriously, who types Palestine so much that Palpatine auto corrects to Palestine??
  • Options
    Fauztin wrote: »
    Palestine needs zetas too...

What the hell?!?!?? One is a joke the other is a Samsung spell check issue. But seriously, who types Palestine so much that Palpatine auto corrects to Palestine??

A Palestinian?
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    Options
    tumblr_inline_o6lf5mw5Nw1szmjhd_500.gif

Cool, expecting Mother Talzin + Old Daka synergy... The Mother Daka!

What?

tumblr_m1r6oz36y91qibhi9o1_500.gif

• RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    My guess is Talzin will be a legendary event, as she is the only source of Plague, so they will make her obtainable without spending money. The other new nightsisters will have really good synergy and be what makes the nightsisters arena viable (maybe some sort of taunt or ally stealth?) and they will be marquee events that are P2P.

That would probably net them a ton of money. Whales would buy the marquee characters to have a great arena team. Others would buy the relatively reasonable packs of $20 for 80 shards for the reworked characters to be able to get Talzin and have a pretty good nightsister team.

This seems reasonable. Release 2-3 marquee event style nighsisters and then the next week Talzin Legendary.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Boooo
    106 posts Member
    Options
    Phantom Menace was so bad, it's hard to see how anyone would even consider wanting Qui-Gon Jin. Seriously.

Now the actual toon - especially with zeta upgrade - isn't bad at all. But why would anyone want to remember that movie?

On the other hand, Mother Talzin had vast power, was considered a serious threat to Sidius even after he became Emperor and had unlimited ability to command the military, and was responsible for bringing Maul and Savage to power. She had complicated plans and used her powers extensively on behalf of her people, giving rise to complex, interesting plots in the Clone Wars episodes that featured her.

Qui-Gon didn't offer anything but blind faith that Anakin would someday bring balance to the force, and he was tragically wrong about how that would happen and the consequences for both the Jedi and the galaxy at large. He won a single battle ... but the battle was merely to escape with his life (and the life of his Padawan) from a ship which let him aboard peacefully. While I respect his ability to sneak around ventilation shafts and his ability to cheat at dice, Qui-Gon's cool factor doesn't come close to that of Talzin or Ventress.

Enjoy the movies, if you like. I enjoy a lot of what I've seen in the movies as well. But I'm not unwilling or unable to honestly assess the what makes Star Wars great and which portions of the source material exhibit more of those qualities than others. Merely having been seen on the big screen does not, in itself, make a character, a plot line, or even a movie great. It takes much more than that, and NightSisters have it in much greater quantity than any character from Phantom Menace ever did.

Yes TPM was a terrible movie - but had some memorable moments and certainly memorable characters and QGJ was certainly a memorable character. I really like Liam Neeson and he did an awesome job as QGJ - loved him in that movie and Darth Maul - the whole lightsaber fight at the end was certainly memorable and a sequence I would gladly watch over and over again.

Shame the rest of the movie ****.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    Boooo wrote: »
    Phantom Menace was so bad, it's hard to see how anyone would even consider wanting Qui-Gon Jin. Seriously.

Now the actual toon - especially with zeta upgrade - isn't bad at all. But why would anyone want to remember that movie?

On the other hand, Mother Talzin had vast power, was considered a serious threat to Sidius even after he became Emperor and had unlimited ability to command the military, and was responsible for bringing Maul and Savage to power. She had complicated plans and used her powers extensively on behalf of her people, giving rise to complex, interesting plots in the Clone Wars episodes that featured her.

Qui-Gon didn't offer anything but blind faith that Anakin would someday bring balance to the force, and he was tragically wrong about how that would happen and the consequences for both the Jedi and the galaxy at large. He won a single battle ... but the battle was merely to escape with his life (and the life of his Padawan) from a ship which let him aboard peacefully. While I respect his ability to sneak around ventilation shafts and his ability to cheat at dice, Qui-Gon's cool factor doesn't come close to that of Talzin or Ventress.

Enjoy the movies, if you like. I enjoy a lot of what I've seen in the movies as well. But I'm not unwilling or unable to honestly assess the what makes Star Wars great and which portions of the source material exhibit more of those qualities than others. Merely having been seen on the big screen does not, in itself, make a character, a plot line, or even a movie great. It takes much more than that, and NightSisters have it in much greater quantity than any character from Phantom Menace ever did.

Yes TPM was a terrible movie - but had some memorable moments and certainly memorable characters and QGJ was certainly a memorable character. I really like Liam Neeson and he did an awesome job as QGJ - loved him in that movie and Darth Maul - the whole lightsaber fight at the end was certainly memorable and a sequence I would gladly watch over and over again.

Name a single line of dialogue that characterizes QGJ’s personality.

A line like “Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.” or “If there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from.” or “I don't know who you are or where you came from, but from now on you'll do as I tell you, okay?”
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    DatBoi wrote: »

A line like “Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.” or “If there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from.” or “I don't know who you are or where you came from, but from now on you'll do as I tell you, okay?”

"that rug really tied the room toghether" ?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Boooo
    106 posts Member
    Options
    DatBoi wrote: »

"The ability to speak does not make you intelligent. Now get out of here." - Brilliant!!!

I can think of a number of times each day I could say this line to people.
  • Options
    @DatBoi
    Reminds me of the Plinkett TPM review.... Describe a SW character without any mention of their appearance, actions, or dialogue.

QGJ: ....... *crickets* .... Stern?
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    @DatBoi
    Reminds me of the Plinkett TPM review.... Describe a SW character without any mention of their appearance, actions, or dialogue.

QGJ: ....... *crickets* .... Stern?

Its sooooooooooo dense
  • ChickenFett139
    1484 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    It’s an older code, but it checks out.
  • Options
    I'd prefer Separatists only because it would be nice to actually use GG for something for a change
  • Options
    I'd prefer Separatists only because it would be nice to actually use GG for something for a change

This. Most of the Nightsisters have actually seen some play time from my roster. Daka in arena a while back and even now in early-node GW. Talia was on my very early arena team as a second healer/attacker. Ventress lead a GW team early on for me as well.

GG has sat on my bench collecting dust. Like a coughing, wheezing old trophy.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    "There's always a bigger fish."
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Options
    If you go by the clone wars, it should be grievous and droids (B2, IG100) that battle the nightsisters. Which would leave me just as short as if we needed nightsisters. Oh well, another looks cool, but another time hero :)
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Options
    More likely a series of Macquarie events like DN and other Sith units, a few NS will be released
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    Edward wrote: »
    More likely a series of Macquarie events like DN and other Sith units, a few NS will be released

Maybe it will be a couple randoms and Luce for the marquee events and around halloween we will get the legendary event for Talzin?
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    Ig88isboss wrote: »
    My sources have confirmed a 7* gg will be required. Have to take it with a grain of salt, but they haven't been wrong yet...

might have to reconsider your sources