mother talzin legendary?

Prev134567
Is the Mother Talzin event legendary requiring night sisters to unlock?

Replies

• AleSahnDroh_1979
    950 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Seriously, I know that many people claim for a nighsisters rework because they are too weak, but reading the feature of this new toon Mother Talzin I suppose she will be a new OP God like Thrawn is.
    I'm a great fan of SW.... but this means that I'm a great fun of SW MOVIES!!
    How can Devs totally ignore a logic scale of power making toons like Thrawn, Mother Talzin so strong and so overpowered?
    We are talking about characters that simply DO NOT EXIST AT ALL IN SW MOVIES.
    Further, it seems that 6-7 stars mods are coming...
    Maybe they will help some of us to finally beat HAAT, or maybe we will need 2 M credits to upgrade a single mod.....
    Post edited by Sunnie1978 on
  • Options
    Star Wars is more than just movies. Some of its most beloved characters come from other stories, games etc.

Not everyone shares your opinion.

• Options
    6-7 star mods are NOT coming. Has been clarified.
    Thrawn and Talzin were really powerful so don’t act like you know everything; the clone wars/rebels series is part of the star wars universe too.
    Talzin is going to be a legendary event requiring separatists with GG required, so not many will have her
  • Options
    6* and 7* not coming. Kozi confirmed. As for Mama Tee. We shall see. Seems to be putting an end to cleansing allies. To me this means Rex , gk, bariss. (Haven't had time to go super in depth with it) and there's super smart peeps here that will share counters to it. Let's see how she's released and what's required.
  • Options
    Separatists required?

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    I agree with your perception of talzin, not of thrawn. He’s been an integral part of the universe for a decade longer than anything from the prequels
  • Options
    Also a really cool thing about this being a game within a game is that it doesn't have to play out how it does in the movies or series. That's everyone's biggest gripe about rebels. Yes. They defeated the empire but empire should still be able to hold things down in a game.
  • Options
    I've said it before and I will say it again: just the first season of The Clone Wars alone is roughly 243 times better than the prequels.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    Chagoth wrote: »
    I've said it before and I will say it again: just the first season of The Clone Wars alone is roughly 243 times better than the prequels.

+a whole lot
  • Options
    Phantom Menace was so bad, it's hard to see how anyone would even consider wanting Qui-Gon Jin. Seriously.

Now the actual toon - especially with zeta upgrade - isn't bad at all. But why would anyone want to remember that movie?

On the other hand, Mother Talzin had vast power, was considered a serious threat to Sidius even after he became Emperor and had unlimited ability to command the military, and was responsible for bringing Maul and Savage to power. She had complicated plans and used her powers extensively on behalf of her people, giving rise to complex, interesting plots in the Clone Wars episodes that featured her.

Qui-Gon didn't offer anything but blind faith that Anakin would someday bring balance to the force, and he was tragically wrong about how that would happen and the consequences for both the Jedi and the galaxy at large. He won a single battle ... but the battle was merely to escape with his life (and the life of his Padawan) from a ship which let him aboard peacefully. While I respect his ability to sneak around ventilation shafts and his ability to cheat at dice, Qui-Gon's cool factor doesn't come close to that of Talzin or Ventress.

Enjoy the movies, if you like. I enjoy a lot of what I've seen in the movies as well. But I'm not unwilling or unable to honestly assess the what makes Star Wars great and which portions of the source material exhibit more of those qualities than others. Merely having been seen on the big screen does not, in itself, make a character, a plot line, or even a movie great. It takes much more than that, and NightSisters have it in much greater quantity than any character from Phantom Menace ever did.
  • Options
    I agree. I don't disagree with the nightsister rework. Many people like them. However I do see where the design is to make them very hard to kill.

I agree with every rework the characters become for a time being overpowered. I.e. maul and savage then they become yesterday's news and almost need a full rework....Vader...

The night sisters were in a handful of episodes in clone wars. Can we not make them a focal point of the game.
  • Options
    no matter if its from the movies or tv shows... Its the powerful OPnes thats annoying me as hell..
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    Gamorrean wrote: »
    no matter if its from the movies or tv shows... Its the powerful OPnes thats annoying me as hell..

Nobody knows if they’ll be OP
  • Options
    I get what the OP is saying. Vader, even with his Zeta isn’t even close to a top 5 toon in this game. Which he should be. And the Emperor has ZERO Zetas and had all but disappeared on my launch shard. Vader, too, to add.

Vader needs another Zeta and probably another powerful ability and needs to hit harder.

Palestine needs zetas too, not to mention synergy with Royal Guard.

Those are just two examples.

But the OP aid technically en pointe with this.

Thrawn was/is a beast though, so I have no problem with him being powerful.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • Options
    All I was really hoping for were some percentages and base stats boosted for the NS, so that they would have some competitiveness for the sake of more variety in the Arena and GW...plus future DS TBs.

I didn't want or expect a new game mechanic that might be...to use an old term..."pwnage".
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • Options
    Can't wait for the Darkside TB mission that requires 7 star Nightsisters :s
  • Seigi
    26 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Not really excited for what's obviously *another* legendary event. Too many legendary events, the reworks on the Nightsisters have made them (from what it sounds like) a NS only team, instead of a characters you can plop into other DarkSide teams for more general synergy. Really, it would have been better for a more general synergy boost/faction rework than turning them into a more phoenix-ish DS team.

Though it seems like the devs at CG/EA don't care what the player base has to say for months and months, and months, on end. Just more big toons, more panic farming, and more pressure to spend money. woo.
  • Options
    Seigi wrote: »
    Not really excited for what's obviously *another* legendary event. Too many legendary events, the reworks on the Nightsisters have made them (from what it sounds like) a NS only team, instead of a characters you can plop into other DarkSide teams for more general synergy. Really, it would have been better for a more general synergy boost/faction rework than turning them into a more phoenix-ish DS team.

This is probably for the Dark Side territory battles coming up.

I’m actually glad they only work together. That way I don’t feel bad for not caring about unlocking/farming them. Lol!
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • Options
    I think Ns is purposely powerful - maybe mt in arena and Ns for ds tb. Also - I think more Ns being added as well. Hopefully update soon?
  • Options
    Maybe they will help some of us to finally beat HAAT

With the general power creep there's no reason an organised guild can't have HAAT on farm 2x a week right now.

It's meant to be hard, it's meant to have a big reward, you are meant to have to work for it.

• Options
    Im seeing a sudden increase in discussions on mother talzin; where can i find the information everyone else is getting? nothing appears to have changed on the updates page
  • Options
    Thank you both, and thank you vinny for that info, i was not aware
  • Options
    Why separatist will be required if Talia is the monthly login? Doesn't make sense. Last month we had Phasma and legendary required First Order
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    Options
    Nightsisters = Ewoks.
  • Options
    fpancheri wrote: »
    Why separatist will be required if Talia is the monthly login? Doesn't make sense. Last month we had Phasma and legendary required First Order

But we weren't unlocking snoke. All but yoda's required the "opposite" faction. I personally would enjoy the Ns unlock, especially that I think there is a separate event for Ns on Halloween.

• Options
    Seriously, I know that many people claim for a nighsisters rework because they are too weak, but reading the feature of this new toon Mother Talzin I suppose she will be a new OP God like Thrawn is.
    I'm a great fan of SW.... but this means that I'm a great fun of SW MOVIES!!
    How can Devs totally ignore a logic scale of power making toons like Thrawn, Mother Talzin so strong and so overpowered?
    We are talking about characters that simply DO NOT EXIST AT ALL IN SW MOVIES.
    Further, it seems that 6-7 stars mods are coming...
    Maybe they will help some of us to finally beat HAAT, or maybe we will need 2 M credits to upgrade a single mod.....

CLS Broke the game, he is annoyingly OverPowered