Need some quick help here

I have two teams in mind and I can't decide which one to go with. I'll end up with both teams eventually but I need to pick one right now.

First out are all the nightsisters on one team. (3 healers, 1 attacker, 1 support)

Or all the three droids together with the two geonosion characters. (2 attackers, 3 support)

I know there are better teams but you have to pick one of these. And please explain why.

Replies

• Options
    I personally don't like the droids, too slow in the group you mentioned, speed teams can take you out quick. Drop 88 before he gets to attack and the team synergy falls apart (at least from what I've seen)

The NS's are my number 2 most wanted pure squad after Rebels

I think they will work well with Asajj as speed leader, then lots of healing, self-healing, and resurrection.

They might be a little light on damage, but they are the team I would pick between the two
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
  • Options
    The nightsisters get destoyed on defense, not sure how they are offensively. The 2 that can actually hit for anything will be dead before they even get a turn.

The droid team. There are more than 3 droids though. HK, 86, 88, 100. You'll probably wind up taking one of those out to put some one in there to help your droids survive until their turn. A lot of people still use Poe. There are other options. Daka, Lobot leader (doesn't quite do it for me). A pretty standard droid team is Poggle, Poe, HK, 88, and 86. They still do pretty well in the arena standings.
  • Scinful
    161 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    One more thing HK(L), IG86, IG88, Geo, Poggle is an outstanding offensive team. However, you won't hold your spot in the arena defensively. So 4 attacks with that team, then swap out your GS or 88(probably 88 since he is easy to one shot with QGJ or GS' assist) with Poe for your last attack.

GS (hopefully) calls in 88 or 86 to assist, who will probably crit, activating HK's ability bumping all your droid's turn meters up 30% and letting them go directly afterwards. It's not a total loss if HK or Poggle get called in. HK can still crit (activating his leader ability), and can give Off up, Poggle has a good chance at ability block.
    Post edited by Scinful on
  • Options
    Scinful wrote: »
    One more thing HK(L), IG86, IG88, Geo, Poggle is an outstanding offensive team. However, you won't hold your spot in the arena defensively. So 4 attacks with that team, then swap out your GS or 88(probably 88 since he is easy to one shot with QGJ or GS' assist) with Poe for your last attack.

GS (hopefully) calls in 88 or 86 to assist, who will probably crit, activating HK's ability bumping all your droid's turn meters up 30% and letting them go directly afterwards. It's not a total loss if HK or Poggle get called in. HK can still crit (activating his leader ability), and can give Off up, Poggle has a good chance at ability block.
    Thank you! This was incredibly helpful!
    I know what to do now :)
  • Options
    So what you are saying is play your first 4 battles with your best offensive team to up your ranking, then put in your defense team for your 5th fight, as this would hopefully preserve your ranking until the next day. Correct?

That's right!

• Options
    Ok what about this
    Count dooku, greedo, boba fett, savage and sidious.
    Vs
    Old daka, talia, count dooku, sidious and assajj

I'm looking at the numbers and can't tell which team would be better
  • Options
    So what you are saying is play your first 4 battles with your best offensive team to up your ranking, then put in your defense team for your 5th fight, as this would hopefully preserve your ranking until the next day. Correct?

That's right!

Thank you for that. Can you also give me some advice about my squad. I run this team at the moment:
    Sid 7 (L)
    Lumi 7
    Ig86 6
    Poggle 5
    Poe 5

I also have Phasma 5, qgj 4, Ig 86 5, hk47 5, jc 7 and Daka 4.

What is the best defensive team using these toons, in your opinion, which I can field?

Looking at your toons... this is a little bit of an odd combination. I think your best defensive bet might be Daka (recommend 5*ing asap, HK(L), IG 86, Poggle, and Poe. Poe will taunt. IG-86 has increased crit and assist. HK has self rez, Daka has team rez.

Alternatively Sid (L), Daka, Lumi, QGJ, Poggle or Phasma
  • Scinful
    161 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Kickex wrote: »
    Ok what about this
    Vs

I would try the nightsister Hybrid. Replace Talia with the Acolyte. Make Assaj leader. Daka, Dooku, and acolyte will go first most of the time. Assaj led Daka, Acolyte, and Dooku are 4th, 5th, and 6th fastest toons in game, in that order. Sidious is 10th. Dooku and Daka can both multistun. So attack different toons with them and try to kill a low HP toon before Assaj' turn. Or at least get some one low enough that Assaj Wrath will finish the job. I would use Sid to heal block anyone you don't want to be healed before Assaj gets to them rather than use his AOE.

If the RNG goes poorly and you miss most of your stuns, this team will do poorly. It should do well if they hit, and Dooku's stun almost always hits Jedi.
  • Options
    Kickex wrote: »
    Ok what about this
    Vs

I would try the nightsister Hybrid. Replace Talia with the Acolyte. Make Assaj leader. Daka, Dooku, and acolyte will go first most of the time. Assaj led Daka, Acolyte, and Dooku are 4th, 5th, and 6th fastest toons in game, in that order. Sidious is 10th. Dooku and Daka can both multistun. So attack different toons with them and try to kill a low HP toon before Assaj' turn. Or at least get some one low enough that Assaj Wrath will finish the job. I would use Sid to heal block anyone you don't want to be healed before Assaj gets to them rather than use his AOE.

If the RNG goes poorly and you miss most of your stuns, this team will do poorly. It should do well if they hit, and Dooku's stun almost always hits Jedi.

You're a savior o:)
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options
    I would say build your droid teams first. Nowadays it's the speed and damage meta. Your nightsisters team with healing meta won't hold your rank for long. As everyone can see your team u will be more likely to be their chosen target to be attacked.

HK47 as leader, IG86, Poggle, Poe, and Sid as a team as u build up IG88 or GS who will replace Sid for an offense boost.