Who was/is your longest farm to 7*?

Replies

• Options
    Tie advanced. Still farming that one...
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Grievous took me 4-5 months nonstop farming fleet store only.

Plo Koon is at 47/100 after a year of farming just his 20 energy cost node almost daily that has the mk5 stun cuff (don't even bother with his other nodes).

Ewok scout, clone sarge, fost, fotp took 5-6 months non stop. Shoretrooper took 8 months with a 80 shard pack boost. Baze 7 months with recent TB store boost. Krennic at 4 months and still have 100 shards to go.

Think I got 10+ months to go on Falcon, reaper, kylo ship.

Longest by far is Kit fisto and Geonosian Solider. They keep going to the bottom of the to do list. Almost 2 years now and they are both at 3*.
  • Options
    Jyn - because she Neeeeevvvuurrrrrr showed up in the Guild Shop - and I'd get impatient and spend my currency on something else and THEN she would show up - again and again. So glad though.

But this is only because I still have 60 something shards to go for Baze - 3*d hard node - yes!! Territory Battles, wait what? Need Hoth Rebel Soldier - what's that? Aww man, Baze on hold. Phoenix for Thrawn? Really, need Sabine or no? Best to be safe. Aww man, Baze on hold again. Mother Talzin?? - nahhhh, she's DS, won't be any good. :-)
  • Options
    Lobot
  • Options
    Fotp for sure. I did it back in the 3 attempts per day times. Months it took. Cost was no picnic either. Now it's baze and shoretrooper.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    Options
    Lobot

More like No-bot. :D

fa3.gif

• Options
    Baze by a mile... so many 0 for 5s
  • Options
    Winstar wrote: »
    Lobot

More like No-bot. :D

fa3.gif

tumblr_o5utc1y6u11s6w6foo1_500.gif
  • Options
    millenium falcon, tie reaper, and kylos shuttle.
  • Options
    Deathtrooper wasn't the longest, but was definitely the most frustrating. 16 energy cantina nodes are miserable enough. Add to that I had to put him on hold 3 separate times for panic farms I didn't want to do, and another pause because I was in desperate need of mods. It ended up taking just over 5 months.

Baze was probably the actual worst at around 7 month or so.
  • Options
    If the answer isn't lobot you're not doing it right
  • Options
    Mine was General Greavous. I had shown one of my friends that he was in the game and he told me to immediately farm him. Now at the time I had only 2 7* toons. Took me over a year of farming (along with other things) to get him to 7*. Now my next long farm is Nihilus......it took me 4+ months to just get him to 5*, but it's worth it (not because he's my only counter to the dreaded CLS) because he's awesome for soo many parts of the game.
  • Options
    Tuscan21 wrote: »

Lobot has two hard nodes, which you can now farm 5x each for free daily! That's a bounty compared to the single 3x HR Soldier node that I farmed.
  • Options
    Grievous (ftp) was a year and that's before fleet shop, so shard shop only
    *** So be it... Jedi ***
  • Options
    Hoth Rebel Soldier. Over 6 months of one node monotony
  • Options
    Id argue that CLS was my longest farm, took basically since day one and just finished old ben like a week before the event came. But this might not be what you're looking for :wink:
  • Formerly_Randy
    333 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options

Lobot has two hard nodes, which you can now farm 5x each for free daily! That's a bounty compared to the single 3x HR Soldier node that I farmed.

Time wise yes, he's pretty easy.

Sanity wise? He's a nightmare.

giphy.gif
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Rogee
    178 posts Member
    Options
    So of the characters listed, would you consider them Over-powered, Just-right, or Under-powered (for the amount of time it took to get them)?
  • Options
    Urururururururu, because I keep farming him then getting distracted...
    You guys had a riot? On account o' me? My very own riot?
  • Options
    Krennic. Was so painful.
  • Options
    Krennic, by far. His drop rates seem painfully slower than everyone else.
  • Options
    DrooNutz wrote: »
    Royal Guard back when he was hard node only and 3 attempts per day. Not like you crazy kids and your 5 attempts nowadays.
    :D Same.
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Only counting everyone I've gotten to 7* already, Darth Nihilus took the longest. Even after they put his 4 or 8 shard item in shipments (free-to-play, saved daily crystals).

Current longest, have to be Sabine Wren and Hoth Rebel Soldier. All week, I've been getting 0/5 Shards for them each day. Most frustrating thing in this game to me is getting NO characters Shards when they only have one node. Even more so when I spend 50 crystals to refresh that node.

Grievous didn't take that long for me, only ever got him from fleets, never shard shop. Same with Vader (except the achievements), maul, Cody, echo, Rex, now doing the same with Fulcrum. For guild shipments, jyn didn't take too long, but jawa engineer has taken a while. 4 more shipments to get him to 7*.
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • Options
    Lobot has two nodes on different sides (meaning you can get three daily activities from doing both) and both are medium cost.

Nihilus has one node at high cost that drops dumb gear, but at least he was a Marquee character when first released so you might have a head start depending on when you started playing.

Baze has one node at high cost that drops dumb gear and wasn't a Marquee, so unless you bought him in the Shard Shop for the while he was there, you're starting from scratch.

Compared to either of those, Lobot is a walk in the park.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    Snowtrooper, got him purely from bronziums, took me like at least 10 months
    https://swgoh.gg/u/fahrius/ - Discord - Fahrius#1194
  • Options
    Either Vader, Grievous, or Shoretrooper. I can't remember how long exactly it took me for each, but Vader was only achievs, Grievous was shard shop until 6* and a bit with fleet doing the rest, and Shore was like, 2-3 star (whatever he unlocks at) and the rest was entirely saving up shards and buying him from shipments. If I had to guess, Vader was 8-10 months, Grievous was 12-13, and Shore was about 9-10.
  • Options
    URoRRuR’R’R for me. Been playing since December of 2015, and I’m at 51/80. Only farming from bronzium
  • Options
    I have Baze at 64/85 and am not even at the required level to try his cantina node.

He doesnt have a cantina node, only one hard light side node...
  • Rizn
    246 posts Member
    Options
    HRSoldier here also. Drop rate is terrible for me.