Please make the game mechanics transparent

I want to know the rules to the games I play. I would welcome a breakdown of all buffs, debuffs, timing, speed mechanics, etc.
Banthas want to eat me, but I eat back!

Replies

• Options
    YouTube is your friend
  • Options
    What isn't transparent to you.. If you press and hold a debuff, it tells you what it does... tenacity down is -50% tenacity for example.
    ObiShenobi
    DeathStarIIMaintenanceCrew
    https://swgoh.gg/u/obishenobi/
  • Options
    ObiShenobi wrote: »
    What isn't transparent to you.. If you press and hold a debuff, it tells you what it does... tenacity down is -50% tenacity for example.

That's not what Tenacity Down does. Go to swgoh.gg and click on each Ability Mechanic that you're interested in to see more details.
  • Options
    Huatimus wrote: »
    ObiShenobi wrote: »

That's not what Tenacity Down does. Go to swgoh.gg and click on each Ability Mechanic that you're interested in to see more details.

Ok, so I'm guilty of not going to look first... didn't realize I was going to run into the technicality police. My point remains.. pressing and holding a debuff/buff tells you what it does.

I'm still asking the OP the same question though.. what do you feel isn't transparent? (Assuming we can stay on topic)
    ObiShenobi
    DeathStarIIMaintenanceCrew
    https://swgoh.gg/u/obishenobi/
  • Options
    The pop up doesn't display enough information. Take Tenacity Down as an example again, if you go to the Ability Mechanics page, you can then see that it is unresistable and thus can bypass Tenacity Up. Granted that it cannot answer all of OP questions but it's a great start at least.
  • Options
    To clarify: I play this game for a long time, and have a good understanding of the mechanics. I just don't get why the mechanics are hidden. Why do we have to look youtube videos or go to third party websites to understand the inner workings of the combat engine? It's stupid, and I guess even I still don't get every little bit right. Speed mechanic is pure speculation, timing of effects seems unclear at some points: which goes first, heal over time or damage over time, or are they applied simultanously? I don't want to start a threat for every liitle question that comes up.
  • Options
    What do you mean pure speculation about Speed mechanic? It's been explained pretty extensively on a post somewhere in the forum. Usually someone will miss out on certain TM manipulations and thus not understand why characters go in a certain turn order. (Main culprits being Stormtrooper Han, Zaul lead and so on)
  • Options
    If the speed mechnic works as described in the posts I found it certainly has some quirks, plus the guy who explained it certainly has gotten some math wrong. It works for the first round, then it gets muddy. A precise question would be: is turn meter set to 0 after a toon takes his action, or does he get the surplus from the last round? If it's 0, then it certainly matters how "big" the tm scale is, as does modding your chars' speed to just above a whole division of the tm scale, to minimize speed loss. I notice my palp always has tm after killing the last toon in GW, which is related to the question of speed and applying debuffs: is that tm leftover speed from the last round or does palp debuff enemies he has already killed, or does he first apply his debuff and then kills the enemy?
  • Options
    Also: A post somewhere in the forum is NOT tranparency.
  • Options
    TM is capped at 100% so there is no surplus from the previous round. You definitely read an outdated guide as there is no longer a TM scale and it fills at a continuous rate(I.e. You probably read a guide that said TM fills to 1000 and you have specific speed break points like 250/200 speed). Your EP gained TM from his basic ability.
  • Options
    This is what I suspect, too. But that is also interesting, as this would mean palp kills the enemy, maybe simultanously apllies shock, then gains tm from shock, and only after that the enemy is declared dead. That's a timing issue.

I would also be grateful for a good explanation of how exactly speed works, as all I can find is the 1000 scale...
  • Options
    You can get the 1000 here, for example:
    gaming-fans.com/2017/03/swgoh-look-speed-turn-meter-gain-turn-order-manipulation/
    I never mentioned the 1000, you guys did.
    I already knew the caveman, and he certainly gets round 1 right.
    The point of my post stays: please reveal the mechanic!