nightsisters flash event (2pm-8pm) Feedback

Prev1
echo33
51 posts Member
edited October 2017
Can someone pls explain me why CG/EA has decided to put such a strict time window for the new nightsisters flash event (2pm-8pm local time)? I was rly excited about the nightsister rework and all those new events coming within, but this one feels like a "Strike under the belt". I mean, why cant we have this flash event running lets say 12 noon - 8 pm? Whats the problem? CG/EA is happy to take our money 24/7 and in return they wont allow us to play new content because of some irrational time restriction? I just dont get it, it definitely doesnt feel right...
Post edited by Vampire_X on

Replies

• Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    Options
    What are you doing open heart surgery nonstop from 2-8 pm? Just take a ten minute break. It'll be ok.
  • Options
    Or go to the bathroom. Can't get mad at you for bodily functions.
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Options
    Just don't worry about it bro. It will be alright if you miss something. The game goes on and so will your life.
  • Options
    Lol, this is so much better compared to previously where the event was only open for 1 hour windows.
  • Options
    U dont get it guys - its about the principle. We, the players, are paying for this and all we want is to make this game better and more accessible - so why cant CG just ask ppl/create a poll and then pick the best time for events like this (or just split the event in two - 1 in the morning, 1 in the evening). Can u explain me this please?
  • Options
    Why not just make it 24hrs like all the others?

Anything shorter will exclude or inconvenience someone for no real reason
  • Options
    That would defeat the whole purpose of designing a FLASH event.

• Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Options
    echo33 wrote: »
    U dont get it guys - its about the principle. We, the players, are paying for this and all we want is to make this game better and more accessible - so why cant CG just ask ppl/create a poll and then pick the best time for events like this (or just split the event in two - 1 in the morning, 1 in the evening). Can u explain me this please?

Then don't pay.
  • Options
    Can someone pls explain me why CG/EA has decided to put such a strict time window for the new nightsisters flash event (2pm-8pm local time)? I was rly excited about the nightsister rework and all those new events coming within, but this one feels like a "Strike under the belt". I mean, why cant we have this flash event running lets say 12 noon - 8 pm? Whats the problem? CG/EA is happy to take our money 24/7 and in return they wont allow us to play new content because of some irrational time restriction? I just dont get it, it definitely doesnt feel right...

Close thread please admin.
  • Options
    I wish they'd run all flash events from 5:13 pm to 5:19 pm cst, that's the best time for me. Unless it's a Thursday, then I'd like it to run from 7:14 pm til 7:21 pm cst. Thanks.

Oh wait, if it's the 3rd Tuesday in January could you please run them from 11:57 pm til 12:04 am? Thanks.

Oh yeah I got a birthday party on August 14th from 3-7pm. Could you run it from 1:37pm til 1:42pm or 8:27 til 8:40 pm?
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Options
    Unless it's a 24 hour event it will inconvenience somebody somewhere somehow.
  • Options
    How dare they not think of you!!
  • Options
    I think they should ask me first before launching the event, I am a very busy guy so pretty sure everyone can wait for my go signal.
  • C_Sandurz
    84 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    JaggedJ wrote: »
    Unless it's a 24 hour event it will inconvenience somebody somewhere somehow.

This.

To the OP:
    I get bonus energy from cantina once per week if I am lucky. At first I was mad, but then I got over it. I would suggest you do the same with this flash event timing.
  • Options
    Why do we need shorter events than 24hrs at all?

There is no benefit to the player base in those - just greater or lesser inconvenience to each person depending on the time picked and their work patterns etc. Just make them accessible reasonably to all.
  • Options

There really is no end to the moaning on this forum is there. Jesus wept.
  • Options
    Oh here we go again.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    Zwanni_420 wrote: »
    I wish they'd run all flash events from 5:13 pm to 5:19 pm cst, that's the best time for me. Unless it's a Thursday, then I'd like it to run from 7:14 pm til 7:21 pm cst. Thanks.

Oh wait, if it's the 3rd Tuesday in January could you please run them from 11:57 pm til 12:04 am? Thanks.

Oh yeah I got a birthday party on August 14th from 3-7pm. Could you run it from 1:37pm til 1:42pm or 8:27 til 8:40 pm?

You forgot daylight savings lol.
  • Options
    "Unless it's a 24 hour event it will inconvenience somebody somewhere somehow." Yep, thats true, thats why we should talk about this in the 1st place.
  • Options
    This is a very legitimate complaint. I understand in the past there was a need to get people logging into the game more often. But these days there is way to much content and I'm spending way to much time in game. I'm financially invested in the game so I'm not going anywhere but some days it's feeling more like a chore than a game that I'm excited to play.

It's a mobile game that people should be able to casually log into and play for a few minutes during the day. Adding more required windows of time that you must log in to get all of the content is the wrong direction for the game.
  • Options
    I think the OP has a point. I won't miss the flash events because of any time conflict, so I'm not whining about missing out or anything like that. I don't really understand devs devoting time to create content that many people will miss simply because of the time of day they play. Gating content behind gear or characters makes sense for the progress of the game, but gating content behind an arbitrary time window doesn't serve that purpose. Obviously EA/CG want us to log in and play as much as possible, but if someone logs in 12 times and plays for 3 hours does EA really care whether they do it at night or during the day. Maybe I'm missing the motive, but it just seems like it needlessly antagonizes people who can only play at night. Yeah of course if you miss it you get over it and life goes on, that's not really my point, my point is that I don't think it's a good idea to generate ill will among a segment of the player base if you can make just as much money without doing that. If I was a potential big spender who can only play at night (I'm neither), I might consider instead playing a game that doesn't penalize me for not playing during the day.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    This is a legitimate complaint, and I think many games have similar "limited time events".

Events like this are usually designed to take advantage of a time when people are active or promote a time when people are less active.

Either way they are designed to bring you in and reward those who do/can show up.

I would think that basically every player logs in at least once durring that period as it is arena time, but maybe I'm wrong.
  • Options
    That stat of minutes spent in the game is an achievement to mobile game companies. And is shown more minutes in game = more money.

Not so much for people that are time constrained. I empathize with op but also think it is possible to do it right quick. And it's a flash event not a major component of the game. Maybe not the response op wanted but like mentioned above if it's not a 24 hour event the timing will be bad for someone.
  • Options

Not really it's a mobile game the cantina refresh is only on once a day and if u miss it oh well I believe people complained last time that they missed flash events either way somebody is getting screwed 24 hours would not be considered a flash event but a event. But good looking out for the second shifters.
  • Options
    This is a game with millions of players. Any time they make any decision it's bound to leave someone out.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    This is just a game. Relax, loosen your sphincter, grow up and realize YOUR LIFE WILL GO ON WITHOUT THE FLASH EVENT!
  • Options

Time zones
  • Serya
    334 posts Member
    Options
    I do agree in the larger picture missing a flash event is not a big deal. I just think that a lot of us are not feeling much love from the Devs at this point. We are in need of some serious Quality of Life changes to stream line the game. Way to much time required in game these days and people are getting burned out.
  • Options
    Serya wrote: »
    I do agree in the larger picture missing a flash event is not a big deal. I just think that a lot of us are not feeling much love from the Devs at this point. We are in need of some serious Quality of Life changes to stream line the game. Way to much time required in game these days and people are getting burned out.

I totally agree. And hopefully it's coming. Communication has improved. But that doesn't mean it should stop here. We need tb tools and we need tb tool convos. A huge qol update that cuts the time on trivial things to allow us more time for the new content.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    This is a game with millions of players. Any time they make any decision it's bound to leave someone out.

This.

Also, 2-8pm is probably the best "window" for a majority of players. For "1st shifters" - they can easily do it after work, on the commute home (if they're not the one's driving) or after dinner.

Many second shift people work 3-11 (at least in many fields I have worked in/my wife has worked in), so they can squeeze it in prior to their start. If not, squeeze it in during a meal break or bathroom break.

Most night shift people sleep either first thing when they get home, so could start when they wake up (i.e. 3:00 or so) or they could wake up a little early and get it in right before the event closes.

And any "students" can easily get it in either after school/class or around dinner.

Honestly, while I understand the frustration of it being difficult to play in an event with specific times, this is actually probably the best window for 95% of the player base. Sorry it doesn't work out for the OP. And if it's typical of most flash events, should only take about 2 minutes to complete. The previous events took place during my work hours. A simple bathroom break and "auto" got the job done (for completing the event ;) ) - so it's kind of difficult for me to understand the angst.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*