How on earth do I beat 7* Yoda challenge

Prev1345
Chewfucca
10 posts Member
edited March 2016
Seven star yoda challenge is so hard, I have been trying to beat him for hours before this event closes.
Any tips to beating him?

Team is

Lumi
QGJ
Ahsoka
Fisto
JC
Post edited by warmonkey1024 on

Replies

• Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Options
    Stage 7 keep retreating until he has Bariss as a companion. Burn the other, bring her dangerously low. She will equalize health dropping Yoda nearly 50%. Burn her low again, after the 2nd equalize, Yoda has a sliver, easy kill.
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Options
    Outstanding plan, Poxx. It will be a while before I get to stage 7 but I will have to remember that
  • Options
    Next time i guess
  • Options
    Must try this
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    Poxx wrote: »
    Stage 7 keep retreating until he has Bariss as a companion. Burn the other, bring her dangerously low. She will equalize health dropping Yoda nearly 50%. Burn her low again, after the 2nd equalize, Yoda has a sliver, easy kill.

Now that is a strategy!
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Options
    He's fun in longer matches when you can utilize his abilities. No one is touching me in arena. I think it's just fear of the unknown when they see him so they don't even bother. He lasted the whole GW today
  • Options
    I need 1 more 5* Jedi to enter stage 5. I have a 4* star Anakin but he's very slow to promote.
  • Options
    Matehmatically speaking, it is just possible for me to get Yoda, probably on the very last day of the event, but it requires that I do 2x Cantina refreshes every day, while getting a 31% drop rate on Mace (or a Mace drop from Bronzium). That will allow me to have a 5* Mace, and 5* Ahsoka, to accompany my 7* Lumi, 5* JC, and 5* Eeth.
  • Options
    Dang Darthdave! Is he 7*? I am stuck on the battle for 6*, but my Jedi are all around 4500 so I guess I should gear them up more before trying again
  • Options

I thought you only needed money to win in this game!?

Thanks for the tip. It'll come in handy. By next month, I hope. I want Yoda!!! RNG gods,be with me. Give me my daily shards without fail and I promise to never ever let your temple be dry of crystals! All hail the one and only, mighty RNG!
  • Options
    That's an interesting strategy.

I kept backing out until I saw he had Anakin as a buddy (for some reason Anakin buddy is like level 1).

Anakin+Bariss could make the fight, I'm not gonna say easy because Yoda gets like 9 turns in a row at times, but doable.

I got lucky on a fight with Anakin. Mace's passive worked three different times and by sheer luck Yoda didn't have foresight for any of these times.

And no one seems to be attacking my 7 star Yoda in arena either. Got him to gear 8 (saved up a lot of gear lol). And excited that he can get to gear 9.
  • Options
    Not yet... Need 3 more jedi
    "You don't want to sell me death sticks... You want to go home and rethink your life. "
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • Options
    Also, out of curiosity, what teams are you guys using to beat tier 7 Yoda?

I used QGJ (L), Lumi, Mace, JC, Kit Fisto.
  • Options
    Ovechkin08 wrote: »

I can only manage tier 6 this time around, but I'm aiming for the same team you describe. Glad to hear it worked out for you.
    Dutch Trade Alliance
  • Options

I used Barriss (L), lumi, kit, JC, QGJ.
  • Options
    I got him at 5*, but my qgj is 81/85, so I'll try to get the 85 yoda's shards to 6* at midnight.
    How about the stage 6?
    At the moment I have barriss 6*(L), luminara 7*, Asoka 6*, jc 6* and I'll get qui gon to 6 today as I said above
    Unfortunately I won't be able to get yoda at 7*, I need to promote 4 jedis to 7, it's impossible do that in 5 days :(
  • Options
    Stage 6 isn't too tough. Yoda brings a couple friends along but they are just those Jedi temple guards.

Stage 7 is where things get interesting.
  • Options
    Mittens wrote: »

Glad to hear that strategy worked out. At one point I was frustrated and thought about switching to a Bariss led team for the health regen but was worried I would give up too much speed. Seriously, that Yoda has to have 300 speed in addition to his turn meter stuff. On the other hand I guess with that big a speed differential, who cares about 23 extra team speed.

Glad to hear Bariss worked for you. So glad I don't have to do that fight again.
  • Options
    It's pretty easy with any 7* jedi to beat bugged Anakin and using Barris heal against yoda. At least til it's fixed.
    SWGoHCantina.com - Database of everything SWGoH. Fear the Boot |FTB| - One of the 1st Elite Alliances.
  • Options
    I got him at 5*. I'm kind of disappointed that I'm no where near ready for the 7* challenge. Especially since everyone has now posted the Anakin glitch and/or different ways to defeat level 7. By the time the challenge comes back around next month, those glitches will be fixed, and it will be much harder for everyone who wasn't able to completely unlock him this time. There is definitely a benefit for being one of the first to get challenges done in this game. Congratulations to everyone that was able to get a Yoda today.
  • Options
    jsaras12 wrote: »
    I got him at 5*. I'm kind of disappointed that I'm no where near ready for the 7* challenge. Especially since everyone has now posted the Anakin glitch and/or different ways to defeat level 7. By the time the challenge comes back around next month, those glitches will be fixed, and it will be much harder for everyone who wasn't able to completely unlock him this time. There is definitely a benefit for being one of the first to get challenges done in this game. Congratulations to everyone that was able to get a Yoda today.

If GW has taught me anything, it's that you'll surprise yourself w/r/t what you're capable of, you just have to put in the time.
  • Options

Tried this, still kicked my butt, but I had a better chance doing this. I got Anakin level 1 and Barriss three times already and I still can't beat stage 7 ; ;
  • Options
    Pretty sad that the majority of people on the poll can't even unlock yoda , everyone has had to stop making the team they want and chase Jedi characters . Il be able to get him 5* by the end of this event but think it's pretty crappy I'm going to have to farm Jedi till its return in March just for a chance to get the 6* . It's too specific too soon , i was close to getting 5 seven * characters but had to stop on old daka and dooku to try get my JC , windu and QGJ up
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    Matehmatically speaking, it is just possible for me to get Yoda, probably on the very last day of the event, but it requires that I do 2x Cantina refreshes every day, while getting a 31% drop rate on Mace (or a Mace drop from Bronzium). That will allow me to have a 5* Mace, and 5* Ahsoka, to accompany my 7* Lumi, 5* JC, and 5* Eeth.

@StarSon make sure to farm Mace's hard battle too.
  • Options
    Mittens wrote: »

Glad to hear that strategy worked out. At one point I was frustrated and thought about switching to a Bariss led team for the health regen but was worried I would give up too much speed. Seriously, that Yoda has to have 300 speed in addition to his turn meter stuff. On the other hand I guess with that big a speed differential, who cares about 23 extra team speed.

Glad to hear Bariss worked for you. So glad I don't have to do that fight again.

I used Barriss mainly for the 20% hp boost. The health regen was a bonus. I didn't see a difference with the the speed from QGJ since yodas speed is too much anyhow. But I agree, I am so glad I don't have to do that fight again!
  • Options
    Fher wrote: »

Tried this, still kicked my butt, but I had a better chance doing this. I got Anakin level 1 and Barriss three times already and I still can't beat stage 7 ; ;

This fight is so rigged on so many levels, as soon as you one shot Anakin he will kill one or two of your guys out of nowhere. I don't think this was meant to be beat, he deals 10k plus on one attack repeatedly if you start to win.
    You can all go to hell, me... I'll go to Texas
  • Zemit
    45 posts Moderator
    Options
    Oh my heavens... took only like 50+ attempts and over 300+ refreshes... (Anakin with accompanied Jedi Consular, Ahsoka Tano or Barriss Offee) I got it done with Qui-Gon Jinn, Aayla Secura, Kit Fisto, Jedi Consular... and the STAR OF THE SHOW was... Luminara Unduli with her leadership EVADE and turn by turn healing and Master Heal. Without her Yoda would have taken me down before I even got him down to 1/2.... I'm so happy won't have to do that battle ever again!
  • Options
    The Number Should be more now .
  • Options
    I'm hoping for next time. Still working on my team. I will probably just try for the 5* version. We all love Yoda so of course I want him.
  • Options
    New player so no, I can't get him.
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |