How on earth do I beat 7* Yoda challenge

1235Next

Replies

• Options
    This month's Yoda event, 7 stars is impossible to beat. EA needs to nerf Yoda a little.

I have these characters, all skills at Lv. 7

Lv 77, 7* Luminara, Gear 8 (Leader)
    Lv 72 7* Mace, Gear 8
    Lv 75 7* QGJ, Gear 8
    Lv 70 7* JC, Gear 8
    Lv 70 7* Eeth Koth, Gear 8

I've been trying for hours, refreshing until I get Barriss, it's still not possible.

1. Yoda and his sidekicks are Lv 90.
    2. Yoda crits 90% of the time (I think), between 8,500 to 11,500 damage, sometimes reaches up to 12,500. Even when he does not crit, his normal damage is 5K to 8K.
    3. The sidekicks resist debuffs 95% of the time (even without the Tenacity buff given by Yoda)
    4. AI has been greatly enhanced. They now focus-fire (Yoda hits any of my character for 8K - 11k, this will surely put any one of my characters to red hp, then the sidekick always follows up for the KO. It's impossible to manage the cooldown of heals if Yoda hits that hard. At least 1 of my characters will surely die before I force Barriss to use equalize.
    5. Evasion granted by Luminara's leader skill doesn't seem to work at all. I may have gotten a dodge every now & then, but this is definitely not 14% evasion. The evasion is not the same in GW or Arena.

Since evasion is not working I also tried to swap QGJ as guild leader, since Speed bonus is not a chance like evasion, I find it's effect is more useful. But still, it's not possible to survive after Yoda hits one of my Jedis and then the sidekick always hits the same character for the kill.

Anyone here able to beat 7* Yoda this month? Any tips will surely be appreciated.

TIA

Almost the exact same team, have tried now more than 200 times at least. I've seen Yoda in the red once, but that attempt was already very doomed at that point. On multiple occasions I've had all 5 toons alive and at full health, only to be wiped out by Yoda in one round. I didn't get a chance to do anything except watch my team die spectacularly.

I have to ask, what's the point? This seems like extremely poor game design, especially if they're trying to get my money.
  • Terminex
    37 posts Member
    Options
    I've been working my butt off to get a full squad of 7* Jedi, only to hit this impossible road block. Very disappointing. I don't see this working out with my current team. The only hope I have is a 6* Ahsoka who's about 85 shards away from 7*... guess there's always the next Yoda event God-knows-when. Thanks for a thrilling conclusion to a long, difficult journey, EA. The taste of defeat is very bitter in my mouth.
  • Options
    I managed to beat him with a *slightly* different team, Ahsoka instead of Mace: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/403331/#Comment_403331

I was banging my head against the wall for hours trying to take out assisters first based on other recommended strategies, but after I settled on the Bum Rush Yoda approach w/Lumi lead (lead ability does work, but heavily RNG sensitive) it was doable after a couple tries, with some luck.

Maybe Ahsoka over Mace is a big advantage, insofar as she's an extra healer and can occasionally deal out a lot of dmg. But it was by no means easy; required a very careful strategy of timing specials, buffs, debuffs and stuns. And at the same time...extra debuff from Mace would be useful for getting rid of Yoda stealing heal/offense up...with Mace could be more aggressive with buffing, whereas without him you've got to time your buffs to avoid the wrong one getting stolen. And he doesn't get weaker with time in the same way Ahsoka does.

Also, I have QGJ's basic Omega...which is a double edged sword. As likely to give Yoda TM (due to Lead ability and periodic Tenacity Up) as remove it.
  • Terminex
    37 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    And in a feeble attempt to improve my apparently less-than-worthy 7* Jedi team, simming for the last 2 pieces of salvage I need to complete a 50 piece part for one of the members, 170 energy burned on a 10 energy level, and 0 salvage parts. That's 0 out of 17 tries. Lovely. Sometimes I forget why I like this game.
  • kazekage1983
    2 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Zestyjoe wrote: »
    Kostas5118 wrote: »
    This month's Yoda event, 7 stars is impossible to beat. EA needs to nerf Yoda a little.

I have these characters, all skills at Lv. 7

Lv 77, 7* Luminara, Gear 8 (Leader)
    Lv 72 7* Mace, Gear 8
    Lv 75 7* QGJ, Gear 8
    Lv 70 7* JC, Gear 8
    Lv 70 7* Eeth Koth, Gear 8

I've been trying for hours, refreshing until I get Barriss, it's still not possible.

1. Yoda and his sidekicks are Lv 90.
    2. Yoda crits 90% of the time (I think), between 8,500 to 11,500 damage, sometimes reaches up to 12,500. Even when he does not crit, his normal damage is 5K to 8K.
    3. The sidekicks resist debuffs 95% of the time (even without the Tenacity buff given by Yoda)
    4. AI has been greatly enhanced. They now focus-fire (Yoda hits any of my character for 8K - 11k, this will surely put any one of my characters to red hp, then the sidekick always follows up for the KO. It's impossible to manage the cooldown of heals if Yoda hits that hard. At least 1 of my characters will surely die before I force Barriss to use equalize.
    5. Evasion granted by Luminara's leader skill doesn't seem to work at all. I may have gotten a dodge every now & then, but this is definitely not 14% evasion. The evasion is not the same in GW or Arena.

Since evasion is not working I also tried to swap QGJ as guild leader, since Speed bonus is not a chance like evasion, I find it's effect is more useful. But still, it's not possible to survive after Yoda hits one of my Jedis and then the sidekick always hits the same character for the kill.

Anyone here able to beat 7* Yoda this month? Any tips will surely be appreciated.

TIA

Same here same team same everything.
    Yoda is killing my toons like nothing.
    It's super overpowered.Also i did this with Barris and nothing.Any help???

Same here.. same team.
    Yoda hits harder then the Rancor, my team stands no chance and they're all level 8 gear, max abilities and level.

Been waiting for this challenge to open for 2 months now and it's **** impossible to beat, there is a difference between a challenge and making him unbeatable. There should be no need for all this high level strategizing.

I bet if I had level 80 toons with gear 9 they'd still fail.

EA needs to step in

Well I reviewed guides from the Yoda events on the previous months, I also checked youtube videos. 7 star didn't hit for 12K before. If we had the same team we have now last month we would've already beaten Yoda. Apparently EA thought it was too easy and decided to make it like this now.
  • Achaia
    20 posts Member
    Options
    But, but, you guys...Yoda's always been like this. Jesse said we can just see his stats now, that's all. :|
  • Options
    Barris is the key and another healers.
    Windu,Kooth and Koon?These toons make you angry not Yoda.
    Choose good team and event will be easy.
  • Options
    Barris is the key and another healers.
    Windu,Kooth and Koon?These toons make you angry not Yoda.
    Choose good team and event will be easy.

"Choose a good team", that's easy to say, but in reality, I'm working with what I've been dealt, or what I've been grinding for months to get. Not like I can just pick a new character out of the air. Who knew this team would be utterly useless?
  • Options
    Finally completed it, it took a long, long time to get the easy loop, about 6-7 hours, but finally it landed.

He was with Anakin and Old Ben, killed Anakin, Killed Old Ben got lucky and rode it out.

When it hits, you will know it, I didn't lose a single character this time and if this was my first fight I would be wondering why people are finding it so hard. Everytime he buff stripped, I had Qui Gon there to strip them back and get offence up, everytime he stripped Lumis buff again Qui Gon ability was available.

I don't know why, I don't know how, I just know this time it was incredibly easy compared to the other hundred or so tries which were just unbeatable or went down to the wire and failed.

The ONLY tips I can give you are watch for his attacks, wait till he buff steals before stealing it back or using Lumis heal while this ability is on cool down. Obviously try to avoid debuff attacks on Yoda if you can. You do NOT need to face him with Barris as a buddy, it CAN be done as intended and does NOT have to be cheesed to complete it.

For what it's worth, my final team was Barris, Qui Gon, JC, Lumi, Koth, but honestly, it's pure luck, no skill and very limited strategy.

What a horrible encounter. Good luck to those who are still trying, eventually you will win, but I feel your pain!
  • Richkhun
    12 posts Member
    Options
    My team to beat 7* Yoda

QGJ Leader
    Luminara
    Eeth Koth
    Jedi consular or barris (use Barris if you have)
    Plo Koon or Windu to dispel positive buff

Beat Yoda before he assistant
  • Wjprberg
    59 posts Member
    Options
    Wait for old Ben and Jedi knight guardian, they do next to no damage so it's practically your team vs yoda