Probability of a Scoundrel Event Next.

2Next

Replies

• Options
    Torodon wrote: »
    Nothing will excite people like Yoda did
    I don't know about that.

At the very least, one of the Jedi forms of Luke Skywalker would get people up for a challenge.

The list of characters that may still get enough response is still endless.

Smuggler Han Solo?
    General Grievous?
    Darksaber Darth Maul?

I mean sure we're not talking Yoda iconic, but certainly enough to convince people to do a challenge (especially if they make them strong characters).

I've played F2P games where people compete over much, much less.

I agree with you, but they aren't making the events for the true f2p crowd. They want the light to medium spenders to pay for hero packs (and the big fish, if they don't already have a crew)

I will want whoever they release, but I don't think they will get the influx of cash that they got for Yoda. We will all eventually build a team to get the next new hero, but unlike the Jedi event where most of us had a couple that we were using or already working on, I haven't seen a scoundrel in arena or GW with the exception of Boba. So most will mark it down to slowly start building a team and get the new hero next time, if it is even a hero that is the reward

Most of us already put our plans on hold for several weeks for Yoda, I know I won't do it again for a while
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
  • Options
    12 hours left, no indication of a new event. I interpret this as a "tank/healer/support" class event for a lackluster prize but something we will still do, just not build heroes for like Yoda.
  • Options
    I was the one who mined the data and posted it here and on reddit on the day of the last update.

The thread here got deleted within about one minute of it being made so I guess we can talk about this now?

The Scoundrel even data specifically states:
    Earn HUGE Sums of Credits! Attempt to best the renown smuggler, Han Solo, and collect the bounty. Only SCOUNDRELS Allowed.

There is no mention of a new Scoundrel hero anywhere or that the reward will be a new hero.

Personally I will be farming Chewie, Boba and Greedo. I believe you probably won't need five heroes at 5* etc to complete each stage, instead I reckon it will just go up in difficulty as each stage gets harder.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Options
    Earn HUGE Sums of Credits! Attempt to best the renown smuggler, Han Solo, and collect the bounty. Only SCOUNDRELS Allowed.

I assume by huge sums of credits they mean 8.5k per 24 energy right?

I'm being a little,trolly, but let's see what really happens, I'd need about 5 million just to level scoundrels to attempt the event
  • Options
    What a useless event, if true. It would cost more credits to farm up a Scoundrel team than you'll earn from it, unless it drops millions. And who the hell has 5 Scoundrels anyway? They're easily the worst characters in the game
  • Options

I'm being a little,trolly, but let's see what really happens, I'd need about 5 million just to level scoundrels to attempt the event

I imagine it would be three to five stages and the rewards would increase as the difficulty gets harder.

Hopefully you get at least five million back. Then repeat that event every month.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Tromedlov13
    1559 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    What a useless event, if true. It would cost more credits to farm up a Scoundrel team than you'll earn from it, unless it drops millions. And who the hell has 5 Scoundrels anyway? They're easily the worst characters in the game

Jinx ... +1

Edit: I've got 5, Boba, Cad Bane, Greedo, Chewie and Mob Enf, but none of them are leveled or starred and I'm not wasting anything to do that.
  • Tromedlov13
    1559 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

I imagine it would be three to five stages and the rewards would increase as the difficulty gets harder.

Hopefully you get at least five million back. Then repeat that event every month.

Definitely a wait and see for me, if I hear in the forums or see the reward are worthwhile I'll give it a try but I'm pessimistic right now. Devs exceeded my expectations with the rewards for Yoda (crystals and credits) so maybe I should give benefit of the doubt. Finish level 7 of the Yoda event and you made a couple mil so maybe I will be pleasantly surprised.

Might be nice if they also dropped some scoundrel shards for each mission as well. Or even better give some much needed buffs to the scoundrel team. Other than Boba and maybe Chewie if you don't have Poe or ST Han there is no use for any of them that I have seen
  • Options
    RAYRAY wrote: »
    Qeltar wrote: »
    I hope this event is completely different and does not require 5 scoundrels. If it does, you are going to see much unhappiness on this forum. I would have to be tempted by something pretty awesome to start grinding Mob Enforcer.
    Most especially, I hope this event is actually fun and gives us something to do! With only 5* Jedi I was literally done with the Yoda event in under 15 minutes. That's a lot of coding effort for minimal player entertainment value (though Yoda himself is fun, the event was very ephemeral.)

Second that. It was a pain and expensive for me to prepare the 5 Jedis. And they're going to lie useless for the most part.

In fact now that I have Yoda, I'll take the next events as they come. I just wanted Yoda in my roster, had ruled him out for Arena the day he was released (thanks, big fishes).

If the requirement for the scoundrel event is 5 scoundrels, I doubt anyone outside of the biggest fishes would be interested. Yoda is Yoda and almost everyone had at least JC/Lumi.

Why rule out Yoda in arena? He is a very good arena character.

Don't want to drop into top 100 or worse. I was somewhere in the top 20 yesterday and am at 21 today. Can't wait everyday to snipe top 5 or no 1. I reach top 10 if I don't drop much, and usually make top 20 using my 5 free attempts or at least top 50. Yoda is going to beep that. I've gone against Yoda. Easier than droids, Dooku/ Daka combos.
  • Options
    I hope this event is completely different and does not require 5 scoundrels. If it does, you are going to see much unhappiness on this forum. I would have to be tempted by something pretty awesome to start grinding Mob Enforcer.
    Most especially, I hope this event is actually fun and gives us something to do! With only 5* Jedi I was literally done with the Yoda event in under 15 minutes. That's a lot of coding effort for minimal player entertainment value (though Yoda himself is fun, the event was very ephemeral.)
    Well said

I also hope they diversify classes selection instead of all Jedi etc. If they happen to go scoundrel , it would suck because I only got Chewi :neutral:

• Options
    Yoda gave 1m+ credits in last few missions. And the main draw was Yoda himself. I bet the reward for han, if he is not farmable there and you only get créditos, could be 5+ millions.

That way they solve the critics about not giving enough credits, give people a reason to farm Greedo/Gunray, and get some $ too
  • Options
    The event will be mostly for credits but more incentive to buy an expensive scoundrel pack which includes the new Han Solo character who will have + speed leader skill for scoundrels and is also obtainable another way. Also a scoundrel character previously obtainable only through chromium packs will be made available otherwise
  • Options
    Hauzer wrote: »
    The event will be mostly for credits but more incentive to buy an expensive scoundrel pack which includes the new Han Solo character who will have + speed leader skill for scoundrels and is also obtainable another way. Also a scoundrel character previously obtainable only through chromium packs will be made available otherwise

Doesn't Lando already have +speed for scoundrels?

Having two leaders with the same ability wouldn't make sense
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Honestly, most of the scoundrels in the game right now are so bad that I wouldn't invest a nickel in this until I know what the rewards are, even if that means waiting a month. This isn't like the Jedi challenge where most of us already had Lumi sitting at 7* and many had JC at least at 5* and probably 1 or 2 other Jedi as well.
    I say this as a guy who has Boba at 5* already. It would take a lot for me to pump millions of credits and tons of training droids into Mob Enforcer or even Chewie in his current state, much less use resources to get their shards.

I hope the new event is different so it doesn't need 5 guys at particular star levels like this one did. Not only because of how few options there are, but because some diversity in gameplay would be nice.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    Hauzer wrote: »

Doesn't Lando already have +speed for scoundrels?

Having two leaders with the same ability wouldn't make sense

Yeah you're right, all the other stuff though
  • Options
    I'm not sure there will be any minimum star levels to progress in the scoundrel event. I'd also expect a credit event like this should be repeatable each time it arrives.

I like having a reason to level up other chars (sitting on the shards for a 7-star Cad that aren't being used yet), so as long as the reward is good, and as long as I'm not expected to 6 or 7 star these non-Arena-viable scoundrel toons, I'm looking forward to it.
  • RonTom
    268 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I have Chewie and Boba, maybe one of the others, but no way I'm putting resources into leveling and gearing scoundrels. Excepting Lando who's quite a power house and was terrifying in the lvl 60 meta, they're all mid to bottom class characters. I'll just keep investing in the Jedis to be able to get Yoda next time and also widen my roster with toons I can actually use, if not in Arena at least in GW.
  • Options

Agreed. I'd like to see them change this so that instead of beating 5 star level and getting the 5 star Yoda, you get 10 shards for each win, and the tries are limited to X per day. Levels 6 and 7 would need to be softened a bit... I don't want to be trying that event 50+ times per day to get my daily shards. But at least if it were just a few shards per win, you'd spend a lot more time in the event.