Will Territory battles ever be fixed?

scuba
14049 posts Member
Territory battle update was released on 08/28/2017.
It has now been almost 2 months and it still has the crashing and lockup issues causing guilds loss of points.

TB is already becoming a tedious part of the game and is becoming more and more annoying when losing out on points because of problems with the programming and coding of the game it self.
It is a week long "event" that game issues are causing possible lower rewards for guilds.

My suggestion for a work around till it can be figured out why this is happening and properly corrected is this:
Change the battles to be like GW and raids where the use of the team doesn't count until a player sees the defeat or victory screen.

I understand the powers that be were trying to make it more of a challenge and not have a retreat function to make it a more of a one shot at it approach. However when the game is as unstable as it is the players and thus the guild are being penalized for this attempt of making it more of a challenge it just brings about frustration at what should be fun. I mean it is a game after all.

Is this the new Teebo stealth issue to sit along side the raid ticket counter that can't be fixed? Just because the development team can't reproduce the issue doesn't mean it should go on the back burner or be ignored.

Please implement a change that will not count the battle/characters used until this error can be correctly fixed.
@CG_Kozispoon @CG_feltz916 @EA_MindTricks

Replies

• Zaraos
    771 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    +1000000
  • Timerron
    4 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    They won't fix GW, so why would they fix TB, or anything really.
  • Options
    Timerron wrote: »

Because this is actually broken, whereas GW isn’t.
  • MPac
    196 posts Member
    Options
    Timerron wrote: »

Nothing broken with GW. Not sure what you are talking about here. Good post @scuba
  • Options
    I agree if the problem can't be fixed they should take steps to make it less of an issue.
  • Options
    Whilst it doesn't help - it's a relief that I'm not the only one suffering/struggling. I have lost progress so many times, for no good reason. Costing us ROLO shards and whilst possibly not a star, it's going to get to that stage.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    @CG_Kozispoon
    So the developers answer to this issue is "go to answers.ea.com" where there is still not an answer to this?

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/141175/bug-freeze-on-tb-battles-again

This is beyond needing assistance. This is at what are you going to do about this very broken aspect of the game.

Why can't we have an answer as to what you are doing about this issue on the official forums. 2 months and counting.

New tools mean nothing, new game modes mean nothing when things are this broke.
  • Options
    scuba wrote: »
    @CG_Kozispoon
    So the developers answer to this issue is "go to answers.ea.com" where there is still not an answer to this?

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/141175/bug-freeze-on-tb-battles-again

This is beyond needing assistance. This is at what are you going to do about this very broken aspect of the game.

Why can't we have an answer as to what you are doing about this issue on the official forums. 2 months and counting.

New tools mean nothing, new game modes mean nothing when things are this broke.

I'd imagine you'll get some sort of cryptic response with their ~monthly day long influx of posts that coincide with the next content release. If you don't, maybe you will around the time of the following content release.
  • Options
    Lol, they are not capable of fixing these type of bugs for whatever reason. They either do not care and are working on things that will bring in more money or they just don’t have the talent to find and fix it. In any case we are stuck with it.
    If I see one more **** attacking a Jedi with a blaster pistol, then I'll kill them myself!
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Lol, they are not capable of fixing these type of bugs for whatever reason. They either do not care and are working on things that will bring in more money or they just don’t have the talent to find and fix it. In any case we are stuck with it.

If it can't be fixed then they should just change battles to be similar to GW/Raid where nothing counts till you get defeat or victory screen.
    They don't have to fix it however should make it less of a burden on players if they can't fix it.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

If it can't be fixed then they should just change battles to be similar to GW/Raid where nothing counts till you get defeat or victory screen.
    They don't have to fix it however should make it less of a burden on players if they can't fix it.

another "solution" would be a timer (either full CM or per wave) so the timer could run out and you would at least get credit for things done before that point. just a thought.
  • Options

That would fall under them not caring and working on other things, which as we have seen in the past will be just as buggy.

Kyno wrote: »

another "solution" would be a timer (either full CM or per wave) so the timer could run out and you would at least get credit for things done before that point. just a thought.

Again they do not care and are working on things other than solutions to bugs.

Come on we have been playing this game for a couple years and this is expected. They know about it and we will just have to get used to it before the next one comes our way.
    If I see one more **** attacking a Jedi with a blaster pistol, then I'll kill them myself!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

That would fall under them not caring and working on other things, which as we have seen in the past will be just as buggy.

Again they do not care and are working on things other than solutions to bugs.

Come on we have been playing this game for a couple years and this is expected. They know about it and we will just have to get used to it before the next one comes our way.

please dont be a negative nancy. we have so many of those already. :wink:

they care more then you would imagine, there is really no need for that kind of comment.
  • Options
    I was not trying to being a negative Nancy lol, just trying to let people know in all likelihood it would not be fixed in the near future. I’ve been playing and supporting this game since it came out, it’s no secret bugs are not a huge priority.

Acting like they are or begging to fix it and making suggestions on what to do is just as bad on these forums as being negative. CG has other things they devote their time and resources into which is fine, bugs in games are very common.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    I was not trying to being a negative Nancy lol, just trying to let people know in all likelihood it would not be fixed in the near future. I’ve been playing and supporting this game since it came out, it’s no secret bugs are not a huge priority.

Acting like they are or begging to fix it and making suggestions on what to do is just as bad on these forums as being negative. CG has other things they devote their time and resources into which is fine, bugs in games are very common.

I don't except the bug to be fixed in the near future or the near one after that. It has already been acknowledged by them that they don't know what is causing it to happen. You can't fix when you don't know how it is broke.
    I am also not offering/suggesting a solution. I am suggesting a work around (which is what you do with SW bugs especially those you can't fix). They already have the work around implemented in other game modes.
  • Options
    I don't have high hopes. It's just the reality of being a part of this game since the beginning and seeing the glacial pace of bug fixes. Aside from it being annoying, does this particular bug affect the bottom line? If the answer is yes, then maybe we'll see a fix sooner than later, if it's no, then we may never see it.
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options

This probably won't work. Not sure if you have experienced it, but when thrawn dies last from a dot/plague in arena, he can glitch the game and when the timer runs down, the battle never completes. This is similar to the freeze bug. The player can still interact with auto and speed, but nothing responds. I was stuck staring at 0:00 Today and had to force close the app. It was my first experience with this.

@scuba fix is very player friendly and should be considered.