Secrets and Shadows buffed?

Prev1
I've completed this event with my Phoenix team on auto 3 times now, including yesterday. Today Sid is just destroying me. Might be super terrible rng... but 3 auto successes in the first try previously, vs 5 fails in a row today seems odd. Anyone else seeing this?

Replies

• Options
    which tier? If you are losing 5 times in a row on tier 1 or 2, there is a huge problem with the AI and the game. If you are losing 5 times in a row on the bonus, that sounds about right.
  • Options
    Yes, 5 times in a row on bonus. But this is the fourth time we've been able to participate in this event. And the first 3 times I auto'ed the bonus tier first try. Now i don't even get past Sid, or i get past him with 2 or 3 left standing
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    If you are right in the edge gear/mod wise then this is likely to happen.

This mission is very difficult and phoenix auto is just the AI we all know and love. A crit not landing or an off chance ability selection can lead to many different scenarios at the start of that round.
  • Options
    I had the same yesterday, but today I passed it at first try.
    You need to use event’s special on Sid to boost your speed. It doesn’t passable over wise
  • Options
    Sounds like i may actually have to take it off auto:( I'll give that a try though. Thanks
  • Options
    Haven't noticed sid hitting harder, if he crits he can one shot toons from the start.
  • Options
    Yeah.... i don't know if I'm buying it. Crazy discrepancy between yesterday and today. I don't know how rng could even explain it. Sid kills several toons right off the bat with his aoe every time. He didn't do that to my toons previously and he definitely got his aoe of in the past also.
  • Chaoscore
    81 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I usually clear it after an hour of failures even with careful planning, but today i finished bonus tier on auto somehow, so i think it wasn't buffed
    934-111-319
  • Options
    If kannan gets his offence down you can survive the aoe... if not, restart
  • ThePenguin77
    186 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    It swapped Ezra with Hera for me and I didn't notice it so I haven't got a leader ability. Maybe the same happened to you.
  • Options
    Wrong Skill by AI + Sid Crit = Wipe.. Almost always happens to me xD
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    My favorite move is to make sure Zeb has his special ready, stagger and tm wipe. Gives you more time to get protection up, backup plan on the right toons and offense down on sid.
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Options
    remember how much hp/protection you need as well going into 4/8 for sidious, had to work my same steps to ink out the win on him because I was just auto'ing to it which you cant do (at least bonus tier) - winning just barely means you need to re walk your steps to victory pretty close to the line every time

keep going! =)
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • Options
    I actually breezed through the bonus tier for the first time today. I feel like they nerfed Sidious big time and even nerfed DN because he didn't start with annihilate.
  • Options
    Lowkey wrote: »
    Yes, 5 times in a row on bonus. But this is the fourth time we've been able to participate in this event. And the first 3 times I auto'ed the bonus tier first try. Now i don't even get past Sid, or i get past him with 2 or 3 left standing
    Drop $500 and get some upgrades
    Then it works bruv
  • Options
    Heh yeah, I'm sure $500 would fix all kinds of rng issues:)
  • Options
    today was the 1st time i was able to complete the bonus tier with no changes to my squad so i dont think its gotten harder
  • Options
    Heh yeah, I'm sure $500 would fix all kinds of rng issues:)
    If sumthang doesn’t work. Throw em mohney at it.
  • Options
    I've completed this event with my Phoenix team on auto 3 times now, including yesterday. Today Sid is just destroying me. Might be super terrible rng... but 3 auto successes in the first try previously, vs 5 fails in a row today seems odd. Anyone else seeing this?

Same with me but on tier 1 for me
  • onk
    316 posts Member
    Options
    Didn’t noticed change
  • Options
    Beat it today on auto. I was surprised to beat it because I had no luck the times before. Never got past Sidious before. Lost Sabine against Sidious. Lost Kanan in stage 7. Was down to just Hera, Ezra, and Zeb in the last stage. Lost Zeb but still beat the final phase.
  • Options
    I made it to battle 7 tier 1 with nsister level 60 and Phoenix level 70. So keep trying. Kudos to the developers. Still had fun. Good luck!
  • Options
    Usually I feel like these events are buffed the second day thru, but I actually cleared the bonus wave the same both days this time as I did when the event ran a few days ago. All g8, Ezra g10. Difficult but doable if you know how to play it right.
  • Options
    Well, i concede i was wrong. I either got great rng the first few times it came around, or terrible rng this time. But i did eventually auto it without changing anything
  • Options
    I've never completed the bonus even playing it carefully, using stagger and Kanan's offense down. The other two tiers, yes, but never the bonus. The specials cannot cooldown quickly enough
  • Options
    THANK god it wasnt just me, i did it everytime within 1-2 tries, but today's took at least 10
  • Options
    I would think so, before it took me 3 attempts to beat it now I think I've tried 15 or 16 times and haven't got past Sid
  • Options
    Yeah today my hera was being one shotted by side, never happened before until today
  • Options
    A lot also depends on the number of crits his AOE gets. Sometimes you get zero crits plus offense down, leaving half your protection. It’s fairly easy from that point on.

I dumped about 18 purp gear pieces plus improved a couple mods thinking it would help a lot, nope. It all comes down to your TM coming in to round 4, how much Sid dodges Kanan/Zeb and his first AOE.