Should the 7* Yoda Event be easier when it returns?

Prev1
l3end3r
895 posts Member
edited February 2016
I get it. Make the event difficult to reward players who have spent money collecting multiple Jedi teams. But after they have a 3 week sneak peak of the character, I think it's fair that any 7* Jedi team can complete the challenge. I had to start farming right when the announcement was made and will barely make 5x7* Jedi. Unfortunately, with no info about how best to defeat Yoda, I farmed Mace and don't feel I should be punished because of my choice in Jedi. Imo it would feel like a complete slap in the face if I can't get 7* Yoda with a lvl 70, 7* geared team of Jedi

Should the 7* Yoda Event be easier when it returns? 58 votes

Yes, make any fully geared 7* Jedi fully capable of beating the challenge
31%
HyperalloyKaatTagichatnNahowl3end3rkozakjanosBaldoObi1_master1PadmeMikaSaberDeimosQuigonlivesMikeCiakinsVicSetacJaquizz1616AeriyFatcakes789 18 votes
No, you should have picked better Jedi to farm
68%
EnigmaticienTheRenegadeJ7000GenakumaBarrokVicVegaOtrill143hotdogreenTardis1205stupidfatfoolStarSonRonTomThomasLyleDrakeIXvincentlondonfberbertgarcia_george99LinkyTriforceJiggywiggyCrokadorfn 40 votes

Replies

• Options
    It's supposed to say 7* Jedi team. Obviously 1 Jedi would make it unfair to those who farmed a team of 5
  • Options
    No, you should have picked better Jedi to farm
    It has already been beaten with mostly F2P. Havent seen anyone say they beat it with Eeth Koth in their group. Still it is beatable so no it shouldnt be easier.
  • Options
    I don't know about ANY Jedi, but I expect the ones from the Master Apprentice battle to do the trick. Otherwise it's a SCAM.
  • Options
    Yoda's event is about to end, hope it will come back soon when I will be prepared for it.

What kind of event do you think will follow ? what character would you see ?

In chapter 7 we face Emperor Palpatine in some fights with its lightning and some other effect I am not sure to have fully catch. Could it be introduced for users through such an event ?

Maybe ?
  • Options
    At some point in time the level cap will be raised and this event will be simple.

A fully leveled 7*, level 80 team will probably wipe the floor with Yoda, regardless of which Jedi you use, might be a couple months, but everyone will have Yoda at 7* eventually
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
  • Options
    It's scoundrel Han Solo
  • Options
    Lord Malak

Lord Revan

Carth Onasi

Mission Veo

Bastilla Shan

Canderous Ordo

Juhani

Jolee Bindo

T3-M4

Zaalbar

Many of you probably see where I'm coming from now in terms of what characters I want to see haha
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    A lot are saying scoundrel event will get you Han Solo. Unfortunately I think we have a game of internet telephone going on here. There was a scoundrel event datamined but the rewards were copious amounts of credits, not Han Solo. Heck we don't even know if the scoundrel event will happen, but the one that was datamined did not mention Han as a character you can get.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    Red_Comet wrote: »
    It's scoundrel Han Solo

Nope
  • Options
    RAYRAY wrote: »
    A lot are saying scoundrel event will get you Han Solo. Unfortunately I think we have a game of internet telephone going on here. There was a scoundrel event datamined but the rewards were copious amounts of credits, not Han Solo. Heck we don't even know if the scoundrel event will happen, but the one that was datamined did not mention Han as a character you can get.

Or when. It might be tomorrow or a month from now, if it happens at all.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Chances are it'll be something completely underwhelming, bugged, glitchy, exploitable and fundamentally badly designed (difficulty which is actually nothing but total RNG) like the Yoda "event", but more likely there will be no "event" at all for a while.

• Options
    Great another group of characters nobody bothered to farm (Scoundrels), losing hope for the events not even gonna bother from here on out
  • Options
    Great another group of characters nobody bothered to farm (Scoundrels), losing hope for the events not even gonna bother from here on out

The events are made to make you spend resources on them, I personally like that because farming my top 5 has become slow and boring as they reach max gear, star and level.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Nvm I was wrong
    Post edited by Aero on
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

• Options

Don't forget the message about the mysterious shards for those who pay and get shards for characters beyond 100.

• Options
    Sebulba
  • TavenRendar
    179 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Aero wrote: »
    Scoundrel event would be terrible. There's only 4 scoundrels available, 2 of which are exclusive to chromium and the other 2 exclusive to squad arena.

What are you talking about?
    Boba, chewy, greedo, mob enforcer, nute

Boba and mob being in cantina shipments and nute and greedo in arena make it a pain though, that's for sure.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Scoundrel event would be terrible. There's only 4 scoundrels available, 2 of which are exclusive to chromium and the other 2 exclusive to squad arena.

Boba and mob being in squad shipments and nute and greedo in arena make it a pain though, that's for sure.

Ok forgot Chewy because he's "Clone Wars" and didn't realize he had the label and didn't view Nute as a Scoundrel.

So,

Cantina Shipments: Mob, Boba, Nute
    Cantina Levels: Chewy
    Arena Shipments: Greedo
    Hard Mode: Boba, Chewy
    Chromium: Cad, Lando

• Options

Boba and mob being in squad shipments and nute and greedo in arena make it a pain though, that's for sure.

Ok forgot Chewy because he's "Clone Wars" and didn't realize he had the label and didn't view Nute as a Scoundrel.

So,

I believe its Cantina: Mob, Boba
    Cantina battle: chewy
    Arena: Nute, Greedo
    Hard nodes: Chewy, Boba
    Chrome: Cad, Lando
  • Options
    Only able to unlock 5 star Yoda, truth b told I have no clue how anyone went further, next time all my Jedi be 7 star fully geared I think only way to beat it, since day one I usually concentrated more on dark side characters, I hope there is a challenge for that.
  • Options

So,

In summary: Most of us have Chewie to at least a respectable level (probably 5*+). That leaves 4 toons to farm - all of which are, in a sense "doubled up" so you have to chose 1 to focus on in Arena and Cantina, so you can only effectively farm 2.

If there is a scoundrel event and it calls for more than 3, that would stink. If it calls for 3 - who do you want to level up? Boba (who isn't that great) Mob E (see Boba), Greedo (who is largely broken) or Nute (see Boba ...x2)

Blech! No thanks.

With the Jedi missions, at least most of the Jedi serve other purposes. Lumi is a staple in many arena teams and an MVP in GW. JC is a GW beast when leveled up - as is Barris. QGJ is a budding star in both Arena and GW. Even the other Jedi have some nice attributes (except Plo Koon - he's still awful).

The problem is that most of the other scoundrels really serve any purpose in any of the other (i.e. primary) aspects of the game: Arena or GW. When was the last time you saw a high ranked arena team running Mob Enforcer? or Nute?

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    No new event right now. Just the yoda event with a timer set at 21 days.
  • Options

The events are made to make you spend resources on them, I personally like that because farming my top 5 has become slow and boring as they reach max gear, star and level.

The resources arent the problem farming charcters we will never use besides the event is. I have no interest in any of the available scoundrel not even boba.

• Tromedlov13
    1559 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Lord Malak

Lord Revan

Carth Onasi

Mission Veo

Bastilla Shan

Canderous Ordo

Juhani

Jolee Bindo

T3-M4

Zaalbar

Many of you probably see where I'm coming from now in terms of what characters I want to see haha

We all see where you are coming from, you like to make up names, I can do that too

Atton Rand
    Bao-Dur
    Micah
    Mira
    Hanharr
    Brianna
    Visas Marr

So there ;)
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
  • Options
    Wow fail, 0% chance anything follows up Yoda event lol
  • Options

In summary: Most of us have Chewie to at least a respectable level (probably 5*+). That leaves 4 toons to farm - all of which are, in a sense "doubled up" so you have to chose 1 to focus on in Arena and Cantina, so you can only effectively farm 2.

If there is a scoundrel event and it calls for more than 3, that would stink. If it calls for 3 - who do you want to level up? Boba (who isn't that great) Mob E (see Boba), Greedo (who is largely broken) or Nute (see Boba ...x2)

Blech! No thanks.

With the Jedi missions, at least most of the Jedi serve other purposes. Lumi is a staple in many arena teams and an MVP in GW. JC is a GW beast when leveled up - as is Barris. QGJ is a budding star in both Arena and GW. Even the other Jedi have some nice attributes (except Plo Koon - he's still awful).

The problem is that most of the other scoundrels really serve any purpose in any of the other (i.e. primary) aspects of the game: Arena or GW. When was the last time you saw a high ranked arena team running Mob Enforcer? or Nute?

I think people are looking at the game with tunnel vision--looking at it as only a game to build characters for GW and Arena is too focused. Obviously the game is expanding. It should probably be viewed more from building characters to complete the events, and USING GW and Arena to get the pieces to succeed.

What does scoring high in Arena get you? Just parts. Its a tool, not the goal.
  • designingsean
    218 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I could see a droid event + Poggle with Grievous being the reward, assuming they wanted to do another Yoda-type event. And now that we have Yoda, Grievous seems to be the next biggest character without a presence in the game.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    For someone like Grievous I'd like a Yoda style event but in reverse. Instead of all droids, have it all light side heroes that'd make somewhat sense to be fighting Grievous. So basically clones, Republic Jedi, and maybe Chewbacca I guess.
  • Options
    Lord Malak

Lord Revan

Carth Onasi

Mission Veo

Bastilla Shan

Canderous Ordo

Juhani

Jolee Bindo

T3-M4

Zaalbar

We all see where you are coming from, you like to make up names, I can do that too

Atton Rand
    Bao-Dur
    Micah
    Mira
    Hanharr
    Brianna
    Visas Marr

So there ;)

WHO?

Canon is better.

Wait I can play that game too haha, here we go:

Moli Karr