Territory battles - Platoon deployment, epic fail

2Next

Replies

• jhbuchholz
    1966 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I've presented several real facts and was meet with a story about Santa Clause. Not sure what else to tell you. Our guild got 30 stars last time and Hsn Solo in platoons wasn't an issue. As we progress it will be even less of an issue. Most in our guild have had him at 7 stars for months.

You said:
    Not every player has a vast and developed roster.

I'm telling you, TB was designed for those who do. That's why only one guild has achieved 45 stars so far. Until your guild reaches 65 to 70m GP you're going to struggle with a half dozen or more things like Han Solo in platoons. But once you get there you'll look back and wonder why you made such a big deal of it.

If you don't want to believe that then that is your problem.
  • Options
    Gul_Ski73 wrote: »
    Phase 6: Imperial Flank has a Rebels only mission, but platoons need a lot of Rebels, especially Phoenix Squad.. WTH?!?

(Hera, Ezra, Sabine, Kanan are good to use because they counter strike, dispell, and double up attacks...especially with NO pure rebel healers.)

Chirrut exists.
  • Options
    If you are able to save wedge or wiggs and not needed in deployment the first Time I went 6/6 I used them as lead. It's tough for sure.
  • ChrisSkywalker
    553 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Next thing they will do, is make hermit yoda a platoon deploy... funderful. >:(

No but he will be needed to unlock Jedi Luke - count on it.

Why would he be required for Jedi Luke? Think about. What would you fight? An x-wing submerged in the swamp? Lol
  • Options
    @GloriousFool For context, can you let the community know what level you are, how long you've been playing, the GP of your guild, and how many stars you were expecting to get? This might provide context. I'm in two guilds - Han would cause some grumbling in one of them (only 24 Hans at 39M GP) while the other wouldn't bat an eyelash (90M GP).

I would think that Kenobi is not a requirement because there is a significant difference between completing Heroic Pit and completing HAAT, as anyone that has done a HAAT can attest to. While Han is Raid Exclusive, he's been available for a very long time and many players have unlocked him within their first 3 to 4 months of playing if they find an appropriate guild.

• Options
    @cannon_fodder

Some valid points there.

Context: My guild is at 57 - 58 million GP, we do not have trouble with the pit raid, though we do have some difficulty with HAAT. I am at lvl 85 and i have 5 or 6 teams for both raids, more on the way, i have been playing for more than a year (14 months i think). For TB we usually get 26 stars, and can do most of the deploys (minimum 2/6 platoon deployment progression in later phases (phase 4 - sometimes phase 5), except the last phase), we are expecting to get to 30 stars within the next 3 - 4 months.

It does not matter if it really would not be a problem to deploy raid han or kenobi for us, it is not actually, the point i have maid repeatedly is that we should not have to, just because they are raid exclusive. You or others may not have a problem with it, i do, it is the principal of the matter.

@jhbuchholz
    Firstly the facts you presented, i do not find them valid for the reasons i stated, in my opinion you have not really researched the issue, you have not factored in weaker guilds or the feeling of finally getting a raid character, and then to have to be willing to use him as a disposable character. What then was the point of getting him? And the santa story? I used an analogy to explain to you that, you were saying the same thing over and over, just wording it slightly differently. If you did not like the analogy, that is not my problem.

Secondly "TB was designed for those who do"... So because some guilds are not strong, they should not participate? If that were the case, they should have locked access to TB, for those whom have a minimum GP of 50 - 60 million, or for lvl 85 players or something. Just because you think that, raids are easy or that platoon deploying certain characters is not a problem, it does not mean that others should have to just accept it. You do not decide that, the developers do, and you do not speak on their behalf, if i want to make something known to them, that is my problem, and if they disagree, again my problem... not your responsibility.

By the way, looking through your posts again @jhbuchholz , i have come to the conclusion that you are trying to provoke me, to make me more and more angry, and keep ramping up this discussion for your amusement, this is the last time i will respond to your comments, and so i say: Move along troll, this is not the mark you are looking for.
  • Options
    I'm not trying to troll you. I'm trying to point out that this is working as intended and 1 - unlikely to change, 2 - not as big an issue as you're making of it. It's odd that you are so singularly focused on a pretty easy character to get. It seems like it's a point of principle rather than an actual issue as you've repeatedly said it's not an issue for your guild. So if it's just the principle of it why the big fuss?

I'm not the only one in this thread to point out that as guilds progress deploying Han Solo becomes less and less of an issue. But you know what? So will deploying Baze, 7* CUP, Rex's ARC-170, or any other single hard node or useless character/ship that people seem to grumble about using in platoons (which are much harder to get in quantity in any guild). Not having these characters/ships doesn't prevent participation in any way. It simply limits the number of stars you can get. Which is the intention. If the community created a list of most painful characters to deploy to platoons my money would be on Han Solo not being in the top 3.

I'd be more concerned about a recurrence of the situation we had with the Ewoks (Paploo and Logray) when they were not farmable anywhere and still required in platoons.

I'm not sure what you saw in my other posts to lead you to this conclusion but since you asked nicely, I'll now let you be.
  • Options
    By your logic no character exclusive to the guild store should be in any platoons. Without constantly completing raids you only earn around 200 guild store currency a day, so saying "Han shouldn't be in platoons because you can only get him from the raid" doesn't make sense.

Without completing raids you can't get Logray or Jyn either they're exclusive to the store that uses currency practically exclusive to raids. Should Logray and Jyn be taken out of platoons?

I can kind of see the case for GK still shouldn't be in platoon because getting able to clear HAAT is probably the biggest obstacle guilds face - but the pit is so easy, the only reason someone wouldn't be getting Han shards would be completely their own decision. It's easy for *one* person to solo the entire pit raid. A guild that can't clear the pit can't possibly do much past stage 1 of territory battles anyway just because their combined roster wouldn't possibly be powerful enough
  • Options
    I want to know why dark side ships are in the platoon builds. If dark side can’t be submitted to troop platoons, dark side ships should not be in ship platoons. And the number of platoons for ships should be reduced to 3 to reflect the removal of the dark side. This is Hoth Rebels TB not mixed bag because we failed to create more ships so this is our bandaid for horrible oversights.
  • GloriousFool
    103 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    2) Logray? As you yourself have pointed out, he can be obtained in the guild store, just like you can obtain shards of characters in shipments, packs, cantina store, arena store, galactic war store, fleet store and TB store. You generate currency for almost all of these stores every day, all characters can be obtained through either farming nodes or currency for the stores, or through real life money via crystals which you use in the shipments or the chromium packs.

But not raid han, general kenobi and hermit yoda, they are exclusive, not at all farmable or can not be bought, can only be obtained through massive guild coordinated grinding.

@WhackyFishi i refer to quote above, and realistically you are not ever going to be in a situation, where you do not do raids, any character found in guild store is f2p or pay to play, no effort involved just a bonus via guild store tokens. I would call such characters premium, not exclusive, and compared to raid han and kenobi, you can farm them in a fairly short amount of time (i got 3 or 4 characters to 7 stars in 3 or 4 months via guild store, took me the same time to get raid han to 5 or 6 stars). Plus you can pay real money to get characters found there, they are premium, not exclusive.

@ChickenFett139 i agree with you, when i was looking in ship platoon deploys for the current phase, i saw 2 spots for the new first order ships, it is just ridiculous that they do that, so soon after releasing them. Although i am not so sure about the reduced number you mentioned, how could that work?
    Post edited by GloriousFool on
  • Options
    It currently takes 90 ships to fill 6 platoons. Either reduce the number of ships to fill 6 platoon to 45 or cut the number of platoons to 3.

90 ships is a lot to ask a guild to submit to fill platoons. And still the ultra rares are required in 3 and 4 Star configurations with no way to farm them. Not paying $20 to three star a ship with no way to farm it without paying for crystals to star it up.
  • Options
    Ok, and again, i agree with you.
  • Options
    @GloriousFool Great response. While I can't understand why you feel the way you do about Han, I can acknowledge that it's just how you feel. I feel the same way about my 7* Baze and Jyn. Baze as a single hard node farm took forever (and that's after he found his way into the TB store). Jyn took upwards of four months as she only shows up in the Guild Store.

After doing some maths, Guild Store only and Raid Han probably take similar amounts of time to unlock (depending of course on how well you're performing in the raid). GK is a bit more reliable based on the reward distribution.

• Options
    What I don't like about platoons is that certain characters drop a lot more than others. If it was truly random we wouldn't need 5+ Baze every single time but hardly ever see Jawas.