Keep Chromium Toons exclusiv

Well, I consider myself a whale, maybe not a really big one but with a couple of 1.000 bucks a whale.
With the actual strategy to make chromium cards available for the public after a month I reconsidered my invenstment strategie. It's easy to wait for a month, even maybe less, and farm then by shards – and it will save me a lot of money as well. I was in the impression that exclusive is maybe not exclusive forever, BUT at least more than 4 weeks.
Until you won't come up with better ideas: No more money on chromium from that whale!!
No offense, but care more about those who make the game sustainable and pay your salary!!
Cheers,
Smite

PS: I rely on you that in 4 weeks I will start to farm my Rex for free... :-)

Replies

• Options
    No
  • Options
    Smite wrote: »
    Well, I consider myself a whale, maybe not a really big one but with a couple of 1.000 bucks a whale.
    With the actual strategy to make chromium cards available for the public after a month I reconsidered my invenstment strategie. It's easy to wait for a month, even maybe less, and farm then by shards – and it will save me a lot of money as well. I was in the impression that exclusive is maybe not exclusive forever, BUT at least more than 4 weeks.
    Until you won't come up with better ideas: No more money on chromium from that whale!!
    No offense, but care more about those who make the game sustainable and pay your salary!!
    Cheers,
    Smite

+1
  • Options
    Agree
  • Options
    No
    114 posts Member
    Options
    I can see your point, but I do think the current exclusive should become farmable to make it a level playing field for all, that been said I think as one become farmable another exclusive should replace it, and whales should or those that have bought x amount of packs should get the new character for free, I think the whole game would have worked better if they had release dlc packs so to speak, where by you get a character and a place to farm.

I'm F2P but can definitely see why your peed off
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    Options
    I think a minimum timeframe for chromium exclusives should be set to inform potential spenders about what they are buying. This way people won't avoid spending in fear of when their exclusive heroes may be wasted, because they will know a minimum of how long their advantage would last. Personally, I think 2 months would be appropriate and encourage more spending.

Moving old chromiums to farmable only when replaced with at least 1 new hero would also be a good strategy.

Making a game a level playing field discourages spending which will inevitability bring it to a grinding halt. The only way to even contemplate this is to appeal to the collector for revenue, of which prices would need to be drastically lower to compensate for the lack of gameplay advantage for spending. For eg, adding purchasable hero skins, etc. I don't think this would generate nearly as much income though.
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot
  • Options
    @Smite

Several hundred dollar whale here. I agree exclusive should remain exclusive. I like to think that, paying as much as we have, we could have an advantage beyond the temporary boost in the arms race. Or even if it wasn't like an advantage (like just a different 'skin' for a character, not some uber-powerful hero). Throw us some kind of bone.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Sikho
    1088 posts Member
    Options
    You're getting things faster. In a game where the meta shifts often and requires huge investments just to get 1 toon, it's the best way to be competitive.
    I don't see why you should have the privilege to own unique characters.
  • Options
    Occasionally I pay for a crystal bundle from time to time. but I hate to say I disagree with a no. Chromium should only stay exclusive for a brief period then moved to farmable.
    What's the point in keeping exclusive an exclusive. It's not like you actually have it in your hand.

The stuff is virtual. I'm a collector in real life and some of the stuff I have is limited to exclusive. That is money well spent. For a virtual object to remain exclusive turns people off from wanting and/or playing.

It's a blasted game for pity sake.
  • bugseverywhere
    9 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    if they tell me heads up before I got all my shards for qgj I wouldnt have spent a single dime for the chromium packs, it gives you trash most of the time anyways.
  • Arahael
    13 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    The game needs to be balaced with players who pay and those who dont. This isnt a MMO, if You want exclusivity go to other games like KOTOR.
    Post edited by Hozilla on
  • Options
    Smite wrote: »
    Cheers,
    Smite

1+