Video: Step-By-Step Instructions For Beginner's To Quickly Get To The Top 10 Ranks in Arena

Prev1
oTradeMark
393 posts Member
edited February 2016
Hello everyone,

I created a text/video guide on how new players can quickly rise to the top and place in the top 10 of their Arena rankings. I've replicated this process on three accounts all at different spending levels. My high spending P2P (Whale) account which ranks 1st most days. My secondary low spending P2P account (crystal subscription and small crystal pack) which peaked at rank 1 but usually places top 5 each day. And finally my completely F2P account which peaked at rank 2 but consistently placed in the top 10 each day until I stopped playing on it due to time constraints.

It is a work-in-progress as I'm currently finishing the final steps for the 1st week of playing the game and the summary of major in-game milestones players will reach as they level up. When it's completely finished I will post it in the guides section of the forums. Here is the day 1 recap of the guide in Video format:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqFX5aEDO8U
GamingUpgrade.com - Gaming Guides | oTradeMark - YouTube Channel | Team iNstinct - Guild
Post edited by oTradeMark on

Replies

• Options
    Nixe guide. Hopefully it'll help a few on here.
  • Options
    Nixe guide. Hopefully it'll help a few on here.

Thanks, I imagine most people who come on the forums have already been playing for a while but I'm hoping that a few new players do find it early in their cycle.

If I would've known what I know now when I started I actually would have restarted my first account and been a lot better off since I started with a terrible rank of like 15000 on that account.
    GamingUpgrade.com - Gaming Guides | oTradeMark - YouTube Channel | Team iNstinct - Guild
  • LunaMaat
    154 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Nice. Maybe put this in the guide section too so people can more easily find it.
  • Options
    I wish I saw this 3 months ago. It makes sense. I can't crack the top 300. If I did it your way, I would already have a bunch of 7* toons.
    Oh well :(
  • Options
    LunaMaat wrote: »
    Nice. Maybe put this in the guide section too so people can more easily find it.
    Thanks,

You can view the text guide on my website (link in my signature) but it's still a work-in-progress. When it's complete I will put it in the guides section.
  • Options
    bombbadass wrote: »
    I wish I saw this 3 months ago. It makes sense. I can't crack the top 300. If I did it your way, I would already have a bunch of 7* toons.
    Oh well :(

Yeah, for some players, especially F2P players who want to put some money into the game... It might be worth it for them to restart if they only started playing within the last month or so.

The amount of resources they would gain from being at the top of the ladders would be more than enough for them to catch up and surpass their old account.

But since you've been playing for a while it would be kind of a waste to start over.
  • bombbadass
    66 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Exactly, I hear some android users can have multiple accounts, but I'm iOS so I don't think that's an option. I knew when I started this game it was pretty immersive,but there's so much minutiae to this game, I don't know how any one would have figured that out. Oh well, thanks anyhoo.

I got a 4* barris, and lumi on back to back bronze drops other than that I would seriously consider starting over.

Since you were kind enough to respond, I've been posting a question no one is answering. What happens when you reach level 70 to your leveling up energy, is it saved for the new cap or is it wasted?
    Post edited by bombbadass on
  • Options
    Good stuff, oTradeMark. FYI you won't have any competition for #1 from me for a while. Now that everyone can see how weak my team is I'm getting targeted a lot more. Dropped to 41 today. I'll be back!
  • Options
    Bluerock wrote: »
    Good stuff, oTradeMark. FYI you won't have any competition for #1 from me for a while. Now that everyone can see how weak my team is I'm getting targeted a lot more. Dropped to 41 today. I'll be back!

Hey what's up Bluerock? It's good to see another person from our ladder on the forums. @HunterMuncherPuncher is also here. I saw that you sniped #1 from me a few days ago. I've been keeping a closer eye on the reward timer lately haha. I wish my two accounts had different reward timers as it's hard to switch accounts in the last few minutes to keep them both as high as possible. See you at the top again soon.
  • Options
    Very nice guide Tradey! Hopefully people will appreciate it more.
    Team Instinct - #1 PvP Powerhouse, dedicated with the strongest compassion to dominate.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options
    Very easy to follow guide for complete beginners! I would recommend those who haven't played in a while or those who made too many mistakes to start afresh and make a new account. Already have a plan what team u want ultimately and everything u do from start is to progress towards that goal.

The arena rewards will be more than worth it for the crystals alone. The first chromium bought always award a full character so just keep restarting till the required one is pulled, then go on from there.

For IOS users go to settings, game center then click on your apple id. Click sign out and make a new apple account. That's how u can make multiple accounts if u are using an apple device.
  • Options
    Nice guide bro
    https://youtube.com/user/MurdaDeadpool/videos Subscribe and follow me here teaminstinct.net/ Home to Team Instinct
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    Options
    I want to shared my mistake... however mistake was a learning process. I'm still in top 50 rank.

* biggest mistake at early level i should use the crystal to refresh for arena so i can get higher rank faster.
    * should refill 2 times in regular energy
    * Do not spend crystals on chrom pack.
    * I live in Est. I should have changed my time to PST so i can have my arena end in 9Pm instead of 6Pm.

• Options
    nice vid
  • Nightlores
    1608 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Nice site as well!
  • Options
    nice work! As said before, hope this helps those who are just starting out.
  • bombbadass
    66 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I signed out of Game Center no problem, but can't figure out how to create multiple ids from my iphone, am I missing a step? It kinda worked tho as I had shut my game down. I did start a new game, Sadly I got a 13k start off rank. So how to delete, and start again? For iOS.
    I think I'm close to figuring this out. Also Songs advice seems pretty good regarding spending crystals on refreshing arena as opposed to character pull tho I see your point in figuring out that sooner than later. Thoughts?
  • Options
    I signed out of Game Center no problem, but can't figure out how to create multiple ids from my iphone, am I missing a step? It kinda worked tho as I had shut my game down. I did start a new game, Sadly I got a 13k start off rank. So how to delete, and start again? For iOS.
    I think I'm close to figuring this out. Also Songs advice seems pretty good regarding spending crystals on refreshing arena as opposed to character pull tho I see your point in figuring out that sooner than later. Thoughts?

I believe you have to create a new game center account and link the guest account to it.

This is how it works for android:
    • When you first start playing and select "play as guest" it ties the account to your phone.
    • When you first sign into Google Play it asks you if you want to continue or start a new account. If you select continue it ties your guest account to your google account. If you select new account it ties your google account to a new account and starts over.
    • If I then sign out of google play and restart the game it prompts me whether I want to sign into google play or play as a guest.
    • So hypothetically, you can have infinite amount of Google accounts on your device + one extra guest account not tied to anything.

So I assume you just have to do the same thing on ios but rather than create a new google account to link it to you would create a new game center account? Sorry I haven't had an iphone since the iphone 4 so I won't be of much help.
  • bombbadass
    66 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    So I figured it out, you have to go into settings, then game center, then sign out. Then I went to aplleid.apple.com used a different email, which propmted me to start a new id. Now I just need to start a new game and hopefully it will work ( crosses fingers) I won't be able to try until tomorrow, tho'. Somebody else mentioned changing my time zone will help? or is there a better time of day, or month for that matter to start a new game?
  • Options
    So I figured it out, you have to go into settings, then game center, then sign out. Then I went to aplleid.apple.com used a different email, which propmted me to start a new id. Now I just need to start a new game and hopefully it will work ( crosses fingers) I won't be able to try until tomorrow, tho'. Somebody else mentioned changing my time zone will help? or is there a better time of day, or month for that matter to start a new game?

I have never tried the timezone thing myself, but supposedly you can set your timezone to something when starting the game and it will use that as the local time so your 12AM reset and 6PM rewards will be different. I can see it being beneficial for someone who is occupied at 6PM their local time or if you're trying to be in an easier reward time when less people are fighting for rank 1.
  • Options
    hmmm, so if I were to do that, do I just need to reset for the initial gameplay or do I always need to reset when I play that account? Also if I were to reset, would you recommend 3 hours earlier, or a whole other time zone like Europe, etc?
  • oTradeMark
    393 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    hmmm, so if I were to do that, do I just need to reset for the initial gameplay or do I always need to reset when I play that account? Also if I were to reset, would you recommend 3 hours earlier, or a whole other time zone like Europe, etc?
    It's definitely the initial time you start the game, because you can't change your reward timer after creating the account.

As far as what timezone to use, I would use whichever one is most convenient for your Arena rewards. If you want to have rewards at 8PM your local time, set your timezone 2 hours earlier than your local time.

As far as the least populated reward times, I have no idea. My guess would be in the middle of the ocean somewhere. But I'm in Mountain timezone which has a big portion of North America & South America included in it and I only have like 2 people that compete at my reward time. I think it's just luck if you get an easy reward time or not. I know some guild members who compete with like 10 players at their reward time.
  • Options
    Cool. Cool, cool ,cool.
    I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow. I'll be happy if I could start around a 1000. We'll see.
  • Options
    Since you were kind enough to respond, I've been posting a question no one is answering. What happens when you reach level 70 to your leveling up energy, is it saved for the new cap or is it wasted?
    When you reach 70 you will use your energy to farm gear for characters. However, the XP is wasted.
  • Options
    Reyia wrote: »
    Very easy to follow guide for complete beginners! I would recommend those who haven't played in a while or those who made too many mistakes to start afresh and make a new account. Already have a plan what team u want ultimately and everything u do from start is to progress towards that goal.

The arena rewards will be more than worth it for the crystals alone. The first chromium bought always award a full character so just keep restarting till the required one is pulled, then go on from there.

For IOS users go to settings, game center then click on your apple id. Click sign out and make a new apple account. That's how u can make multiple accounts if u are using an apple device.

Thanks for helping the IOS users, I didn't know this. Also, I second the recommendation to start over if you haven't played for a while or if you've made some mistakes. Especially if they are F2P players. There are many resource benefits to knowing what you are doing the first week you start playing.
  • Options
    Great video!

I, like many, have done it the hard way and started my ascent at rank 12000 or something, then stagnated for a very long time in the 1000 - 2500 zone, and now broke into the top 200. Unfortunately, even if I win all 5 matches (and I usually find 5 easy matches), the next morning I more or less fell back where I started.

Is it worth it paying the 50 crystals to get more battles and rank higher? Is it 50 crystals per battle, or does it increase after that?

For all I know, even if I finish at rank 20, if many other players battle and win against me, I could end up next day at rank 500, right?
    ☮ Consular ☮ - https://swgoh.gg/u/tiggus/
  • Options
    Tiggus wrote: »
    Great video!

I, like many, have done it the hard way and started my ascent at rank 12000 or something, then stagnated for a very long time in the 1000 - 2500 zone, and now broke into the top 200. Unfortunately, even if I win all 5 matches (and I usually find 5 easy matches), the next morning I more or less fell back where I started.

Is it worth it paying the 50 crystals to get more battles and rank higher? Is it 50 crystals per battle, or does it increase after that?

For all I know, even if I finish at rank 20, if many other players battle and win against me, I could end up next day at rank 500, right?

It's 50 crystals to refresh 5 more battles. So it's definitely worth it if you can get into the higher reward tiers. As far as how much you will drop the next day, it depends on your roster and how easily it is perceived by other players as being a win. If you have a non-purple geared low level team composition, it will very likely be targeted a lot in the top 100 ranks.

However how many positions you can jump when you get to the higher ranks is decreased. Which means less potential players have the ability to target and attack you. Like I think around rank 200 you can jump 50 or so spots? At rank ~19 or below you can only target around 5 people.
  • Options
    oTradeMark wrote: »
    Tiggus wrote: »
    Great video!

It's 50 crystals to refresh 5 more battles. So it's definitely worth it if you can get into the higher reward tiers. As far as how much you will drop the next day, it depends on your roster and how easily it is perceived by other players as being a win. If you have a non-purple geared low level team composition, it will very likely be targeted a lot in the top 100 ranks.

However how many positions you can jump when you get to the higher ranks is decreased. Which means less potential players have the ability to target and attack you. Like I think around rank 200 you can jump 50 or so spots? At rank ~19 or below you can only target around 5 people.

@Tiggus, just remember not to refresh the countdown timer to your next match. That'll only reset the timer to 0 so you can attack immediately. Use the 50 gems refresh after all your 5 attacks are used up if you want the extra 5 attacks.
  • Tromedlov13
    1559 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    But I'm in Mountain timezone which has a big portion of North America & South America included in it and I only have like 2 people that compete at my reward time.

Mountain time zone has less than 6% of the US population, a very small part of Mexico and no part of South America, this is the one I would choose if you wanted a smaller amount of opponents with the same end time
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
  • oTradeMark
    393 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    But I'm in Mountain timezone which has a big portion of North America & South America included in it and I only have like 2 people that compete at my reward time.

Mountain time zone has less than 6% of the US population, a very small part of Mexico and no part of South America, this is the one I would choose if you wanted a smaller amount of opponents with the same end time

Sorry I meant Central America, but I was just trying to point out that with 24 reward timers and only ~50 or so really active players per ladder trying to compete for #1, getting rank 1 on your reward time is probably very possible regardless of your timezone.

If you're looking strictly for as little population as possible, then any timezone west of Pacific time will have very few populated areas aside from Alaska/Hawaii and some islands.