Veteran Smugglers

When are VS Han and Chewie going to become farmable?

Replies

• Options
    August
  • N1c0
    248 posts Member
    Options
    two days before the jedi Rey event
  • Options
    Dark_Light wrote: »
    August

not this next august though, the one after that.
    I am the Tard of Tards
  • Options
    save crystals and buy. tjats what im doinf now i gue$s i have to
  • Options
    According to release cadence it should be early December as it marks 3 months after their release.
  • Options
    Any time between now (not a joke) and early December.

If they're needed for Rey's journey (and that's not confirmed. It's possible, and maybe even likely, but not confirmed yet.) then they'll come out probably a week or two before it starts.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    Liamtbqh wrote: »
    According to release cadence it should be early December as it marks 3 months after their release.

Now ask yourself, "How many recently released characters have followed 'the cadence?'"
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Now ask yourself, "How many recently released characters have followed 'the cadence?'"
    All of them except the Legendary characters?

Ahsoka followed the cadence because she was put into Fleet around the same time as she got that dedicated shipment space.
  • Options
    I’ve been using my daily crystals to get shards from the store. They are at 33/85 and 65/85 so far, and both are two pieces away from G11. Haven’t given them a zeta yet. I’m making progress.
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »

Ahsoka followed the cadence because she was put into Fleet around the same time as she got that dedicated shipment space.

All of them....except all the exceptions, like Wicket, Talzin, Spirit, Zombie, CHS, ROLO, Hermit Yoda, etc.

The point was simply that CG/EA changes character release "rules" as they see fit. Assume at your own risk.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Options
    All of them....except all the exceptions, like Wicket, Talzin, Spirit, Zombie, CHS, ROLO, Hermit Yoda, etc.

The point was simply that CG/EA changes character release "rules" as they see fit. Assume at your own risk.

The release cadence was set for characters released through Marquee Events. None of the characters you listed were released that way so they aren't exceptions.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/91791/character-release-cadence
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    jhbuchholz wrote: »

The release cadence was set for characters released through Marquee Events. None of the characters you listed were released that way so they aren't exceptions.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/91791/character-release-cadence

Our current plan is to have nearly all of our new characters (aside from some VERY special characters which we plan to release through “Yoda-styled” events)....

...nearly all.... Except all the ones I listed above. Thank you for posting the link supporting my point that you can pretty much disregard previous cadence announcements. ;)

• Options
    You conveniently cut off the end of the quote:

"Our current plan is to have nearly all of our new characters (aside from some VERY special characters which we plan to release through “Yoda-styled” events) released through the new event structure for the near future."

This new event structure was eventually revealed to be Marquee Events. So it don't think your point had been proven. The characters you listed are not exceptions.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    jhbuchholz wrote: »
    You conveniently cut off the end of the quote:

"Our current plan is to have nearly all of our new characters (aside from some VERY special characters which we plan to release through “Yoda-styled” events) released through the new event structure for the near future."

This new event structure was eventually revealed to be Marquee Events. So it don't think your point had been proven. The characters you listed are not exceptions.

Lol. Whatever. You completely missed the point - almost none of the recent characters were released that way. That's a far cry from "nearly all". Careful though...you could hurt yourself bending over backwards that far to defend CG. :D

• jhbuchholz
    1966 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I appreciate your concern and promise that I am both limber and aware of CGs many faults.

:)
  • jhbuchholz
    1966 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Post edited by jhbuchholz on
  • Options
    I head they will be farmable 2 weeks prior to the event. I just buy 4 to 8 a day with arena winnings. Should be enough hopefully when I hit the farming part
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    moved to correct sub forum.

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    approximately mid December according to the cadence. (which all marquee event toons have followed)
  • Options
    Lol. Whatever. You completely missed the point - almost none of the recent characters were released that way. That's a far cry from "nearly all". Careful though...you could hurt yourself bending over backwards that far to defend CG. :D

I won't argue your point but I will provide data so others can make up their own minds:

Darth Nihilus [Marquee]
    Sith Trooper [Marquee]
    Sith Assassin [Marquee]
    Hera Syndulla [Marquee]
    Chopper [Marquee]
    Kanan Jarrus [Marquee]
    Ezra Bridger [Marquee]
    Sabine Wren [Marquee]
    Garazeb "Zeb" Orrelios [Marquee]
    Gar Saxon [Marquee]
    Imperial Super Commando [Marquee]
    Ghost [Marquee]
    Phantom II [Marquee]
    Gauntlet Starfighter [Marquee]
    Ahsoka Tano (Fulcrum) [Marquee]
    Grand Admiral Thrawn [Legendary]
    Paploo [Marquee]
    Logray [Marquee]
    Wicket [Heroic]
    Commander Luke Skywalker [Hero's Journey]
    Hermit Yoda [Territory Battles]
    Rebel Officer Leia Organa [Territory Battles]
    Captain Han Solo [Cantina Nodes]
    Veteran Smuggler Han Solo [Marquee]
    Veteran Smuggler Chewbacca [Marquee]
    BB-8 [Legendary]
    Chimaera [Legendary]
    Mother Talzin [Heroic]
    Nightsister Zombie [Special Event]
    Nightsister Spirit [Special Event]
    Kylo Wren (Unmasked) [Marquee]
    TIE Silencer [Marquee]
    First Order SF TIE Pilot [Marquee]
    First Order SF TIE Fighter [Marquee]
    Rey (????) [Hero's Journey]

From February until Wicket in August all characters that were released were by way of Marquee Events and all characters met the cadence. Since August 1st we've had a bunch of non Marquee Events. In February would you have considered the next 6 months to be the "near future"? I guess that's up to you.

Even so, considering that they haven't missed their set cadence for a character released by way of a Marquee Event yet I see no reason to think they will do so for the Veteran Smugglers.
  • Options
    N1c0 wrote: »
    two days before the jedi Rey event

This should be a joke but it's so true
  • Options
    when they "Feel" they need to lol.
    Lost in the 20th century
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »

WIcket, Talzin, Spirit, and Zombie are being released according to the cadence. Their farm location is a special event. So the initial Marquee event gave you the characters, then the event disappears for a time so people can buy them through packs, then they appear in shipments for crystals, and finally they come back to their regular farm location--their special event.

Captain Han was released straight to the table, which breaks the cadence, but considering we needed him for a key bit of game content and making people pay money to get him for that content or wait 3 months would have been a disaster so they made him immediately available.

Leia and Yoda also went directly into their farm locations because they were released with the content.

I mean, I get what you're saying, don't get me wrong. Ultimately they can do whatever they want when it comes to releasing characters. But they've put forth a structure and it has held for that structure for all of them except Legendary characters and the Territory Battle characters that were released at the launch of TBs. They *can* do anything they want, but when you look at the facts on the ground they're sticking to their schedule real close.