New FO ships in platoons (merged+dev response)

Replies

• Options
    I was under the impression that we were not going to see P2P characters or ships showing up in platoons as I have yet to see the Vets or Wicket in any platoon however today we see the new ships in the platoon? Is this intended?
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    Well, it's just 1 or two people from your guild buying a pack or two of each ship...until tomorrow. Right?
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Options
    Anyone else having the 1st order ST TF and Kylo tie silencer show up in ship platoons? Good thing they are farmable for $$$$$
  • Options
    Come on DEV TEAM, have a little bit of courage and respond to this thread.
  • Options
    Come on DEV TEAM, have a little bit of courage and respond to this thread.

Kozi already did..... as expected they "are looking into it"......
  • Options
    Buy the packs or find someone who has and get them to join your guild.

Seriously why do they have to make everything so p2w.
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Options
    Hiya!
    This has already been posted and being discussed in the proper category. Gonna nudge ya on over there. Cheers!
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • DorianBlade
    46 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    That does seem a bit harsh.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/dorianblade Discord: DorianBlade#6090 Ally: 547-174-177
  • Options
    They have to make up the lost BF2 money from somewhere.
  • Options
    Hiya!
    This has already been posted and being discussed in the proper category. Gonna nudge ya on over there. Cheers!

A discussion implies there is two way communication. All I see is game players commenting on what a horrible move the DEV TEAM made, with zero response from the DEV TEAM. Communication is: send message; received message; followed by feedback(i.e. a response)
  • Options
    Stop letting the interns run this place!
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Options
    Hiya!

A discussion implies there is two way communication. All I see is game players commenting on what a horrible move the DEV TEAM made, with zero response from the DEV TEAM. Communication is: send message; received message; followed by feedback(i.e. a response)

Give the first post of this thread a read. Or click on the SWGOH dev team tag next to my username to cycle through my posts in this thread. This has been responded to.

Appreciate your patience as we look into this. :)
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • Options
    Anyone who thinks this wasn't deliberate is kidding themselves. Add new toons to TB so people panic buy, make a ton of cash, then just apologize give out 100 crystals and a Zeta and all is forgiven.
  • Options
    Decay wrote: »
    if it is an oversight, the the quality control manager for the game needs to be let go - this is the third time this has happened - pure and utter incompetence is the only explanation.

While I won't go so far as to call for someone's job, it is supremely frustrating to have these constant occurrences of things that the devs issue 3/4 client restarts on a constant basis pop up at a minimum monthly, but it seems to be weekly.

Ditto. I can’t pretend I know anything about coding or other technical aspects of games but problems being repeated over and over and over again there’s something wrong somewhere.

+10,000
  • Options
    Possible solution: Gift everyone 10 Tie Silencer shards and 10 FOSF Tie shards immediately. Make Tie Silencer available in the guild store. Make FOSF Tie available in the GW Store.
  • Options
    Since they got nationally embarrassed for their greed this week, they gotta make up those losses somewhere I suppose.
  • Options
    Same. It's a joke?
  • Options
    Looks more like a mistake then anything. They met us like, quarter distance with the Falcon and the others, so I don't see Devs doing this just to be evil.
    Evil!.... Evil is the incredibly long Talzin Farm...
    tumblr_mky7jdJCQZ1rmy0dbo1_500.gif
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options
    .. well, what did I expect. :(

Sad.
  • Options
    That is not cool, bro
  • MattNewton
    13 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Pure and Utter Ridiculousness. I understand adding new content, characters, etc. into existing game modes, but, as they are not farmable, it basically amounts to playing a "P2W or else" card. Not cool at all, considering they've been in the game for around 7 days. Moves like this only alienate and anger your player base, not foster and build it.
    Post edited by MattNewton on
  • Options
    CG, as a community that loves this game and (some of us) truly do appreciate the time and effort you guys put into giving us a great gaming experience, please don't follow EA's route of bleeding your player base for money.

We understand that there is money needed to keep the game going and updating things but we will purchase more frequently when the prices are fair and when content restrictions aren't placed behind a paywall.

Again thank you for everything you do and PLEASE get us moving back in the right direction.
  • Options
    This has to be an oversight. We don't even have VS Han Solo / Chewie in platoons. No Wickets.

Don't give them any ideas.
  • Options
    I can’t wait for us to have have a full TB without errors/oversights/failings. This gives us little hope that GvG or DS TB will be any better.

Things need to improve and EA needs to up their game with how TB is functioning.

I realise that EA have acknowledged the latest problem and need time to revolve it, but it just feels like next week it will just be some other problem.
  • Arathrawn
    19 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Hiya!

Give the first post of this thread a read. Or click on the SWGOH dev team tag next to my username to cycle through my posts in this thread. This has been responded to.

So essentially your response posted on the main board is we are milking you for all you got now shut up and give us more money.
  • Options
    I completely understand that you want to make money and encourage people to purchase new toons. But how you communicate that stuff is just disappointing. One would think that EA learned from the Battlefront 2 disaster with such marketing slang, but no...

"This is with the intention to provide a more deliberate experience in Platoons for the players."

Deliberate experience? You really think it as a deliberate experience if you add newly released p2p only toons into territory battles? You can do better than fall into this nonsense marketing slang.
  • Options
    Essentially, they are saying that to have any chance to succeed we will need to buy the units they are offering, but don't worry, to make up for it they will be letting us know in advance which very expensive units we will need to be buying in order to be successful.....

As a whale myself, I appreciate that in certain ways there is an advantage received from buying things in the game, but this is probably the worst thing I've seen from EA, and that's saying something.

I haven't spent a dime in over 3 months, and I don't see any reason why that will change going forward.

• Options
    Just another straw on this camels back. One of these days it’ll break.
  • Options
    I'll take my Chewie Shards now if you please
  • Options
    Arathrawn wrote: »
    Hiya!

So essentially your response posted on the main board is we are milking you for all you got now shut up and give us more money.

Now that's a little unfair. That's not really what the update means. The update is more like "We looked into it, and instead of fixing it (again), we're just going to change the rules to match the flaw. Have fun! And thank you for playing Star Wars:Galaxy of Moving Goalposts."
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*